Chip Reese 1951-2007

a cool kind of class, Chip would have been in the "rat pack" of poker. seemed to take the swings of poker in stride. Watching him in the H.O.R.S.E tournament that he won at the WSOP should be required viewing for players that want to make poker their living playing poker.

From the cardplayer.com article today:"Reese, a comparatively low-key figure compared to many of his colleagues, was called “The True King of Poker” by Daniel Negreanu after Reese won his final World Series of Poker bracelet in 2006."

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/75278...P&GT1=10734I thought this was a good quote."We went to look for the Titanic. We went to look for Noah's Ark. We were two of the biggest suckers whenever it came to business, but we both had poker to fall back on," Brunson said. "Thank God we could play, so we always survived."
I wonder if Steve7Stud will be posting any thoughts on chip. Its probable that he's played with him at one time or another.
I've played with Chip a lot over the last year or so. I have also spent a lot of time with him at the table as an observer.I was obviouly shocked when I heard about him passing away. I found out before it was posted on FCP. Chip and I got along well. He always treated me with kindness, and I will certainly miss him.
I've played with Chip a lot over the last year or so. I have also spent a lot of time with him at the table as an observer.I was obviouly shocked when I heard about him passing away. I found out before it was posted on FCP. Chip and I got along well. He always treated me with kindness, and I will certainly miss him.
I don't think anyone didn't like Chip.. from the sounds of it.