Kk Facing Huge Flop Overshove

Villain is 46/10/1.67 over almost 100 hands. Is calling this long-term profitable? This was such a sick spot because of the fact that he was an obvious donk.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (5 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)BB ($100)UTG ($172.80)Hero ($130.70)Button ($39.75)SB ($42.70)Preflop: Hero is MP with Kclub.gif, Kheart.gif. UTG raises to $2, Hero raises to $7.5, 3 folds, UTG calls $5.50.Flop: ($16.50) 5diamond.gif, 7heart.gif, 4heart.gif(2 players)UTG bets $165.3 (All-In), Hero?

i think i would say call. the min raise pf seems like a small/medium pocket pair. why would he overbet a set so huge? unless he has some specific read that you call huge overbets light it looks like 88-jj or at worse a flush draw.

Villain is 46/10/1.67 over almost 100 hands.
On that flop against that player your looking at a huge range, but I'd guess he has middle pair or some type of combo draw. Maybe 66, heart draw, Ah6h, in addition to sets or a really donkish two pair.You only have 7.50 invested and need to call off 130 more with an overpair? I'm not really fond if it, even donks catch hands.
On that flop against that player your looking at a huge range, but I'd guess he has middle pair or some type of combo draw. Maybe 66, heart draw, Ah6h, in addition to sets or a really donkish two pair.You only have 7.50 invested and need to call off 130 more with an overpair? I'm not really fond if it, even donks catch hands.
Yeah. Like JJ QQ TT

i can't believe anyone can advocate calling.it's a set at least 60% of the time, but i'd bet it's close to 90%.yes villains number are donkish, but it's the preflop numbers that are poor, which doesn't really give us a read in this spot.

Explain.
What you've put in the pot is a sunk cost, and does not affect further decisions.What you make your decisions on, are pot odds. Sometimes people say they are pot committed because they put in 80% of their stack or whatever, so they think they need to protect what they've "invested", but in reality, they are making a call based on getting good odds, since there's so much in the pot relative to what their stack is.
What you've put in the pot is a sunk cost, and does not affect further decisions.What you make your decisions on, are pot odds. Sometimes people say they are pot committed because they put in 80% of their stack or whatever, so they think they need to protect what they've "invested", but in reality, they are making a call based on getting good odds, since there's so much in the pot relative to what their stack is.
I'm aware of that, I thought you meant something different.
That doesn't sound like a Zach reply...
This is completely irrelevant.
Ahhh, order is restored.

If he bet $165 instead of $165.30 I'd think he misclicked and went to bet $16 or 16.5 (assuming he hasn't made a bet like this before) and I'd instacall. The fact that it seems more likely that he did intend to shove makes me want to fold.

If he bet $165 instead of $165.30 I'd think he misclicked and went to bet $16 or 16.5 (assuming he hasn't made a bet like this before) and I'd instacall. The fact that it seems more likely that he did intend to shove makes me want to fold.
Nm
That's exactly what I thought at first, but the 30 cents throws off that argument :(I just don't like calling here for stacks, it's sort of blah. I dunno If I could fold it though.

he open shoves the flop for $164 to a 17$ pot hmm that makes no sense really but i dont call there with only 8$ invested, unless u obv. flop the nuts then u know.

I already explained it in this thread.What you have invested in this pot DOES NOT MATTER.
Lol donkaments. You know we don't speak Canadian.