The writers strike didn't manage to stop the brief second season of Jericho that CBS promised, according to this article it begins airing on Feb 12th. Hopefully it does well enough to get picked back up as a regular show.For those that missed out on the first season it's about a small Kansas town after nuclear bombs are dropped across the US. The intro was great but the build up the first few episodes dragged a little and the ratings started dying off. They worked out the issues (i.e. got rid of annoying characters, focused on interesting ones) by about episode 7-8 and it was really good stuff by the end of the season. It's cancellation prompted the campaign by fan sites to bombard the CBS headquarters in nuts, which prompted them to bring the show back for a brief second season run to see if the rating would pick up.

I had class on whatever night it was on last year and had to DVR the last 8 eps. Then I heard it was going to be cancelled and my mom told me that they did not end the show like it was their last so I never watched them. Then the nuts thing happened and got the show back on for this season so I didn't delete them off the DVR. Watched them last week and I am glad that they are coming back. I would have been pissed if I watched that whole season and it ended like that.

Woo hoo...i was so pissed when this show was canceled. I just finished watching the first season again and got my friend on board with it. Do you know how may episodes there will be in the brief second season.