• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been at work all day so I couldn't reply to this.RIP sir. We all know you are in a better place now.

Not to add too much light to this thread but all the playing stu ungar references are kind of funny. Chip seemed like a real down to earth guy and a good human being so if there is a heaven I see him going there, stu ungar was drug addict degenerate; they are probably not going to run into each other if you know what I'm saying.

I just wanted to say that Chip Reese has always been the poker player I've aspired to be.I never played with him personally, but all the pros said he never tilted and could walk away a loser. This is something I've always lacked, So you could say he was my poker hero.He was also by all accounts the biggest winner in poker history. This is something we all aspire toI'm sure. Basketball has it's Michael Jordan, golf has it's Tiger Woods, tennis has it's Federer, and poker had it's Chip Reese. Truly a one of a kind talent. My heart goes out to his family, he left behind a 16 year olddaughter and a 19 year old son. I know what it is like to losesomeone close to me, it's the most painful thing in the world.RIP Chip, you will be missed.

From ESPN.com:"Eric Drache, a close friend of the family, said Reese called his doctor at 10 p.m. on Monday complaining of pneumonia symptoms but never went to a hospital and died in his sleep."Cardplayer.com recently amended their story to indicate that he was released from the hospital last night and passed away at home. Amazing that in this day and age, someone his age can die from "pneumonia symptoms" in his sleep.

A lot of people have not heard of Chip Reese in a time when coverage tends to cover the look at me attitude seen lately. Class sometimes goes unnoticed and chip was class personified.Condolences to all his friends and family.RIP Mr. Reese

Barry's audio blog was interesting. You could hear the pain in his voice. I can't imagine how Chip's family and friends feel right now. I hope they find some comfort in knowing that the entire poker world are praying for them tonight.