• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody have a link? I can't find anything on the net? RIP Chip....
From PokernewsDavid 'Chip' Reese, 1951-2007Reports are quickly circulating about the sudden and untimely passing of poker legend David 'Chip' Reese overnight. Details are still emerging on Reese's shocking passing, and a complete obituary on one of poker's all-time greats will be published in the near future. Reese was a feared cash-game legend and a regular member of the 'Big Game' at the Bellagio, who focused less on tournaments than other players. Still, Reese demonstrated his poker mastery by winning the first-ever $50,000 H.O.R.S.E. event at the WSOP in 2006, his third career WSOP bracelet.
Wow,Chip was awsome. One of the best shows of the Circuit (back in the day when they were on Card Player) was with Chip Reese right after he won the 50K event last year. His stories were so fascinating, they were cool. Here they are if anybody wants to listen to them.Part 1 - http://media.cardplayer.com/audio/t/the_circuit_123.mp3Part 2 - http://media.cardplayer.com/audio/t/the_circuit_124.mp3RIP Chip
I agree with this. Chip was a great interview and definitely the best they ever did.This is a big shock... a true true poker legend, still seemingly going very strong... now suddenly dead.RIP Chip Reese

Who the hell would have added this last part on Wikipedia? Seems so tasteless even if it wasn't meant to be.Reese passed away on December 4, 2007. Close friend and fellow professional poker player Daniel Negreanu reported the news on his forum, Full Contact Poker. He did not list the cause of Reese's death. Although it is beleived by many to just be a prop bet between the two on how long it takes for someone to find Chip alive. Chip thinks he can stay under wraps for 2 years, Daniel thinks less than 6 months

Who the hell would have added this last part on Wikipedia? Seems so tasteless even if it wasn't meant to be.Reese passed away on December 4, 2007. Close friend and fellow professional poker player Daniel Negreanu reported the news on his forum, Full Contact Poker. He did not list the cause of Reese's death. Although it is beleived by many to just be a prop bet between the two on how long it takes for someone to find Chip alive. Chip thinks he can stay under wraps for 2 years, Daniel thinks less than 6 months
Just wrong....
Stupid ************.
That's fucking disgusting. I wanna find the asshole who did this and kill them myself.

RIP chip you wil be missed by all of us.

its not there now.As of 2007, his total live tournament winnings exceed $2,900,000.[5]Reese passed away on December 4, 2007. Close friend and fellow professional poker player Daniel Negreanu reported the news on his forum, Full Contact Poker. He did not list the cause of Reese's death.[6]

Do not stand at my grave and weepI am not there; I do not sleep.I am a thousand winds that blow,I am the diamond glints on snow,I am the sun on ripened grain,I am the gentle autumn rain.When you awaken in the morning's hushI am the swift uplifting rushOf quiet birds in circled flight. I am the soft stars that shine at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry, I am not there; I did not die.

its not there now.As of 2007, his total live tournament winnings exceed $2,900,000.[5]Reese passed away on December 4, 2007. Close friend and fellow professional poker player Daniel Negreanu reported the news on his forum, Full Contact Poker. He did not list the cause of Reese's death.[6]
Good. I would have taken it off myself but I have no clue how to work that site, I hardly go to it. It was just one of the first sites that came up when I googled Chip Reese

Nearly positive it was some ass-hat over at Neverwin's forum who added all the bogus stuff to his wikipedia page... those guys are truly classless losers.

Nearly positive it was some ass-hat over at Neverwin's forum who added all the bogus stuff to his wikipedia page... those guys are truly classless losers.
That doesn't surprise me.