Team Canada World Jr Roster Invitees

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to be fair to my 0-2 record, I said Matthias was good enough and would get politic'd out, and said simmonds could make it as a 4th line energy guy which he did .... cmon thats gotta be good enough for 1-2 .... half point each lol? :)Can't believe Mclean got cut, hes been the best player in the OHL thus far imo
I'd also like to point out that I made the simmonds comment before he got traded to Hartsburg's team in the OHL, I'd say that probably up'd his chances just a little.
I do agree that getting traded to the Soo really helped Simmonds' chances to make the team. Overall I am excited though for the Kings prospects. Hickey, Simmonds and Bernier will all be representing Canada. If we continue to suck Stamkos will be ours too.

I would like to once again thank Belanger for suggesting I draft Wayne Simmonds in the AHL junior draft...When I picked him up , nobody had even heard of him...Now he is in the top 20 in OHL scoring and a member of the Canadian team at the Juniors..When I am in LA, Belanger is owed 6 beers now...

I do agree that getting traded to the Soo really helped Simmonds' chances to make the team. Overall I am excited though for the Kings prospects. Hickey, Simmonds and Bernier will all be representing Canada. If we continue to suck Stamkos will be ours too.
I think the Kings would pick Doughty or pieterlangelo(not spelt right), LA's problems sure don't seem to be offensive. Imagine Doughty/JJ/visnovski anchoring their blue line with bernier in net in a few years wowzer, that coupled with their amazing forwards and LA would be closer to the old oilers than the Pens are now.
I think the Kings would pick Doughty or pieterlangelo(not spelt right), LA's problems sure don't seem to be offensive. Imagine Doughty/JJ/visnovski anchoring their blue line with bernier in net in a few years wowzer, that coupled with their amazing forwards and LA would be closer to the old oilers than the Pens are now.
Well if the Kings get the first pick I think they have to take Stamkos. I can also see them dealing a prospect and Dallas #1 pick which they also own to see if they can get a top defenseman as well. Don't forgot besides Jack Johnson and Lubomir Visnovsky they have Thomas Hickey. Defense is the one place they do lack depth but they have done a good job of signing free agents like Drew Bagnell and Peter Harrold to contracts after they left NCAA Hockey. Harrold may be an everyday NHL player next year.Maybe they can grab Luke Schenn is who going to be paired with Thomas Hickey during the Tournament.
I would like to once again thank Belanger for suggesting I draft Wayne Simmonds in the AHL junior draft...When I picked him up , nobody had even heard of him...Now he is in the top 20 in OHL scoring and a member of the Canadian team at the Juniors..When I am in LA, Belanger is owed 6 beers now...
Why do you lie?

i drafted him like with one of the last picks in the draft....And I am sure he was not on too many people's radars

i drafted him like with one of the last picks in the draft....And I am sure he was not on too many people's radars
There were actually players not drafted that I've heard of. :club:
Simmonds is the second Mustang to be from Pickering...By the way Stamkos likely destination.....Edmonton
Edmonton doesn't have their 1st pick anymore. That would put him on Anaheim with Getzlaf, Perry and Bobby Ryan. :club:
Simmonds is the second Mustang to be from Pickering...By the way Stamkos likely destination.....Edmonton
Edmonton doesn't have their 1st pick anymore. That would put him on Anaheim with Getzlaf, Perry and Bobby Ryan. :club:
Actually as of right now the bottom 5 teams are26 Atlanta27 Florida28 Phoenix29. Washington30. Los Angeles
I'm surprised Subban made the team. The guy is an absolutely amazing skater but I figured his defensive play would hold him back.
I've posted it before but it's certainly worth another look. Here is an
I've posted it before but it's certainly worth another look. Here is an
Wow that's not funny, damn that was crazy.Speaking of which kind of interesting that two members of this years team are black. Who said Hockey's a white mans sport!
Who televises it in the States?ESPN 8??
Center Ice usually picks it up but no one else airs the game. ESPN may if the US reaches the Final but highly unlikely, sometimes Fox Sports Minnesota or CSTV will air a Canada feed. ESPN did air three or four games during the NHL Lockout because the Tournament was in South Dakota. Besides that it's highly unlikely they will actually show it so I usually get Gord and Pierre doing commentary which isn't a bad thing.Also I'll download games between other teams in other languages. They are usually posted online.
Center Ice usually picks it up but no one else airs the game. ESPN may if the US reaches the Final but highly unlikely, sometimes Fox Sports Minnesota or CSTV will air a Canada feed. ESPN did air three or four games during the NHL Lockout because the Tournament was in South Dakota. Besides that it's highly unlikely they will actually show it so I usually get Gord and Pierre doing commentary which isn't a bad thing.Also I'll download games between other teams in other languages. They are usually posted online.
I know I said this before, but if there were more fans like you in the States the sport would be so much more popular...
I know I said this before, but if there were more fans like you in the States the sport would be so much more popular...
I think there are a lot of us but we're still in the minority and in this country the media sets the agenda and until that changes there is no other way to have hockey gain exposure.
Wow that's not funny, damn that was crazy.Speaking of which kind of interesting that two members of this years team are black. Who said Hockey's a white mans sport!
in 04-05 team canada had 3 black players: anthony stewart, nigel dawes and shawn belle.