i never thought it could happen to me

Let me start by saying that I have been in a horrible rut with poker for about two weeks. But I think things are getting better, and I'm going to tell you why.Last night I was playing a $3 holdem tournement on PS with about 1900 entrants. I was basically just playing for fun, because I'd been losing so much at limit, I thought it'd be good to go back to NL Tourneys. With about 500 people left, my stack was at a respectable 11,000. I'm on the button and dealt 9h9d. In front of me there is an all-in for about 1500 and an over-the-top all in for about 2600 another call all-in directly to my right. I decided to call, since losing would still have me at about an average stack, and I was getting about 2.5-1 with a hand I didn't hate. I flip over my nines and they flip over AcKh, AhKd, and 55. Flop comes X X X with two clubs. Still ahead. Turn is a Kc. Now I'm behind and have ONE card that will win me the pot. The nine of spades.River is a NINE OF SPADES.I ended up busting out 109th out of 1900, because I didn't make the following call.I was around 6000 with 600/1200 blinds and a 75 ante. I get dealt an AhTh and decide I'm going to push with it to try to steal the blinds from late pos. The guy to my left beats me to it and goes all-in. Being dominated by JJ, QQ, KK, AA, AJ, AQ, AK - essentially the entire range of hands I put him on, I fold. The guy next to me calls. THEY BOTH FLIP OVER 99! Of course an A hits the turn and I was pulling my hair out for the rest of the tournement. I just thought I'd share those couple hands with you because I haven't really said much about myself actually playing hands on this forum.

Hand 1: Nice save. That hand calls for a nice celebration, especially since you were in a rut.Hand 2: It was the right fold. The opponents could easily have had you drawing very thin, and your hand is one you want to push in with, not call the all in.