• 500+
  5. 5. Will December be better than November

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible.Depends on your goals.I mean, if you say you want to play 30k hands, you're reasonably likely to run average over a stretch that large, where you can reasonably estimate your potential winnings.What exactly did you have in mind?

It's possible.Depends on your goals.I mean, if you say you want to play 30k hands, you're reasonably likely to run average over a stretch that large, where you can reasonably estimate your potential winnings.What exactly did you have in mind?
saying you want to play a certain number of hands is ok. i guess i was talking about monetary goals in particular. i think they can be very damaging. you suddenly realize that its the 20th already and you've only won 60% of what you wanted to and of course on that day you have that losing session where you annihilate a quarter of what you've won and bad feelings about yourself, about the game, and just in general ensue. this in turn promotes sub par play as you try to win more money that you are reasonably able to in that time span. i'm reading some new book, its called play poker like a pigeon. easily the best book on poker ever written. even though it doesn't say anything specifically about this, its got me thinking a lot about things like this. a lot of the math and specific poker advice in the book is dead wrong, but the whole point of the book is that those things really arent the things that are going to turn you into a huge winner anyway. once you get to a certain level there are much more important things to think about. i've seen this hinted at by very successful people a whole lot, but this is the first time i've ever seen it laid out clearly with examples.

well, didn't meet my 10k goal for november, but that was mostly due to me not playing enough hands around thanksgiving, which i forgot about when making my goals. i'm probably going to extend my little march to 5/10 nlo8 to this month as well, since i'll be gone for most of dec and not playing too much.i also finished the month of november with a leveling off, which is better than a downswing, but i shouldn't really be having any downswings of more than 1-2 buyins at nlo8. also started smoking weed again, which has led me to play more tourneys than i like to normally. i've bubbled the last two i played, ick.i suppose that my real goals for dec are something around:10k hands5k profitdon't let the nlo8 games die on ftp like they have almost all the time lately. :(and antistuff, i do think that setting goals can be bad for some people. personally, i'm trying setting them for myself for the first time ever in order to make me play more hands. it works for me, but i do know a lot of people that play poorly at the end of the month precisely because of what you said.

i guess i was talking about monetary goals in particular. i think they can be very damaging. you suddenly realize that its the 20th already and you've only won 60% of what you wanted to and of course on that day you have that losing session where you annihilate a quarter of what you've won and bad feelings about yourself, about the game, and just in general ensue. this in turn promotes sub par play as you try to win more money that you are reasonably able to in that time span.
I think that this depends entirely on the person. I just think of these goals as motivation to play hands. I know that the monetary part of my goals depends partially on how I run over the month, so I could easily either not make it or crush it. I try not to let it bother me too much, but I could definitely see how it could be damaging to others.
I haven't been in these threads for a bit.. here goes.. For November:Can't get the graph to post but i made $4300 in 12k hands I didn't play as many hands as I'd like to.. I also played two of the Trump Classic events so far. I was out of the first one in about an hour and then bubbled the second one. For december my goals are:Play 25k handsWin at least 5kPlay my best in the remaining Trump Classic events and Harrah's WSOP events if I play any of those.Convince Jordan to come to ACGood luck all
Goal number 4 has been accomplished.

Switching back to cash games from multitabling $6 SNG's. Stopped playing poker for about a month, so trying to get back into some sort of playing routine. At the moment, single tabling $50 NL just to get comfortable with the play, but will hopefully be running my usual 4 tables in a few days time. Of course, jumping from $10 NL to $50 NL is kind of a leap, but the play isn't that much significantly better surprisingly (or maybe I just don't remember how bad $10 NL was lol)Goals:1) Play 7.5k hands at $50 NL2) +$750 (~10PTBB/100 hands)

Yikes this month has been kind of tough so far. Just made a couple really ill timed bluffs. Gotta keep my head together and not tilt here. Probably going to take a few days off. Up around $15,550 for the month so far over 4K hands. GL everyone.

Yikes this month has been kind of tough so far. Just made a couple really ill timed bluffs. Gotta keep my head together and not tilt here. Probably going to take a few days off. Up around $15,550 for the month so far over 4K hands. GL everyone.
I love your posts.Bad month only up 15k, I wish I was as balla as you.
I swear to god, before I got to the end of that post I was expecting a negative number. Silly me.
seems like quite a few of us have had a rough startI've finally made money this month @ 3/6nl! I'm pretty psyched! It's been a pretty bizarre breakeven stretchfinallyht1.jpgThings are looking good, just in time for vegas :club:
Mike your supposed to win all the time, thats whyt i want to hire you haha

I played poker only twice this month. +140 as it stands but I'm about to leave to play some cash. Hopefully I come back and edit my post to +500.

goal is to get my BR to 75k, that's ~9.5 more...up ~4800 so far this month...put in lots of hands though...10k so far....

I've put in very few hands, but I'm up almsot 2k already.Heading to Vegas on Monday, hoping to break even over the course of poker, expenses, gambling, lol, good luck me.When I come back, gonna get back on track to playin a bit more while I can, and hopefully get my profit up to 5100, which'll put me over 40k for 2007.

are u multi tabling 5-10Nl HU games?u made quite the jumplast month with 40k in profit, arent u playing the same stakes as all summer?

Didn't make much last night. Played a 2-10 full kill spread limit hold'em game and won +85. As it stands my month profit is at +225. After I win the 100k on stars it'll be 20,225 so that'll be nice.