Loading Money Onto Moneybookers

Okay, so I've decided to try out Moneybookers. I'm Canadian and I'm going to the bank in about 8 hours to do a wire transfer to Moneybookers. My question is: has anyone here done this before? What info do I likely need to bring with me? Easy process? Thanks.

Okay, so I've decided to try out Moneybookers. I'm Canadian and I'm going to the bank in about 8 hours to do a wire transfer to Moneybookers. My question is: has anyone here done this before? What info do I likely need to bring with me? Easy process? Thanks.
When I loaded my Moneybookers account I did it with a withdrawal from a site that didn't require a deposit first but I received a couple wires from Moneybookers and they have gone well.Your bank will have a form to fill out and you should print out the information that Moneybookers has on their website as that should contain everything that your bank will need to send the wire.If you're sending it today it will probably be about Tuesday before the money shows in your Moneybookers account due to the weekend.
When I loaded my Moneybookers account I did it with a withdrawal from a site that didn't require a deposit first but I received a couple wires from Moneybookers and they have gone well.
What fees are involved, if you don't mind my asking? Is it better than having a cheque (or check, for our US friends) sent to you by whatever site?
What fees are involved, if you don't mind my asking? Is it better than having a cheque (or check, for our US friends) sent to you by whatever site?
There will be fees involved in receiving a wire. Royal Bank charges me $15 for example. The advantage is the speed, it only takes a couple days to reach my bank and there is no hold period as there can be on large $US cheques. I would only suggest a wire if the withdrawal is on the large size.I usually take cheques but the site I had most of my money at was having problems with their cheque processing for about 6 weeks and I needed another way to get my money from them so I used Moneybookers and both bank wires and cheques from Moneybookers worked well.
What site if you don't mind me asking?
When I moved some money off of Absolute Poker they didn't require that I deposit first to withdraw with Moneybookers. I assume that Ultimatebet might be the same.
ACK! My bank wants the mailing address of the bank Moneybookers will be holding my money in. Try as I might, I am unable to find this freaking address on their website, other than town: Frankfurt. Any ideas?
I feel compelled to share my moneybookers.com experience with you. Since Mywebatm (used by Pokerstars) was no longer taking deposits from Canadians I was exploring other methods. I signed up at moneybookers and made a deposit using one of my credit cards. They charged a percertage for the transaction. But when I tried to use that money at Pokerstars it would not let me deposit at an "online gambling site."So I said screw this and tried to withdraw that money. Again I was charged a fee. Worse, when I received my cheque it was for even less than the balance I withdrew! Even with the strength of the dollar I was being hosed somehow. I just cut my losses and will never deal with moneybookers.com again.Hope it works better for you than it did for me.
I feel compelled to share my moneybookers.com experience with you. Since Mywebatm (used by Pokerstars) was no longer taking deposits from Canadians I was exploring other methods. I signed up at moneybookers and made a deposit using one of my credit cards. They charged a percertage for the transaction. But when I tried to use that money at Pokerstars it would not let me deposit at an "online gambling site."So I said screw this and tried to withdraw that money. Again I was charged a fee. Worse, when I received my cheque it was for even less than the balance I withdrew! Even with the strength of the dollar I was being hosed somehow. I just cut my losses and will never deal with moneybookers.com again.Hope it works better for you than it did for me.
When you registered your credit card with them you must have made the mistake and said that you wouldn't be using it for online gaming transactions. If you say you are using it for that then there is no restriction on what you can use the money for. Moneybookers is just being honest with Visa and Mastercard for what the transaction is for and coding the transaction as online gaming related if that is what it's for.
ACK! My bank wants the mailing address of the bank Moneybookers will be holding my money in. Try as I might, I am unable to find this freaking address on their website, other than town: Frankfurt. Any ideas?
I suggest contacting Moneybookers via their internal e-mail system.In my experience it takes them a couple days to get back to you.
I suggest contacting Moneybookers via their internal e-mail system.In my experience it takes them a couple days to get back to you.
Please direct me to this internal email system. I couldn't find that either on their website:)
It should be under contact and then e-mail.
I click on contact, which brings me to a screen with a link Email Support: Messaging Centre. I click on that and essentially I get a nice bunch of drop down FAQ links, none of which address my current problem. :club:
I click on contact, which brings me to a screen with a link Email Support: Messaging Centre. I click on that and essentially I get a nice bunch of drop down FAQ links, none of which address my current problem. :club:
Use other deposit queries and send them the message.
  • 1 month later...
When you registered your credit card with them you must have made the mistake and said that you wouldn't be using it for online gaming transactions. If you say you are using it for that then there is no restriction on what you can use the money for. Moneybookers is just being honest with Visa and Mastercard for what the transaction is for and coding the transaction as online gaming related if that is what it's for.
I have deposited money on moneybookers another way(Ideal, it's a dutch thing. allows you to transfer from your bank account to moneybookers instantly online), it says the same thing. not allowed to use it for gaming sites. I'm sure i never said i wouldn't use it for that though, any idea how i fix this?EDIT: I think it's not possible in any way.... unless i use a bank transfer which'll take 2-5 days.. doh. I hate FTP already.