I have noticed that when people ask for bankroll suggestions people tell them 200x the BB is that the case for limit? Because I usually sit down at the 2/4 table (it is a soft soft table) with about 100-150 bucks and I have never had a problem with not having enough chips. I have only made 7 trips so maybe I haven't played enough. What does everyone think?

you dont understand what 'bankroll' means. the $150 you bring to the 2-4 table is your 'stake', the amount you put into play. your 'bankroll' is all the money you have for gambling, as in the amount you will lose before you will not play anymore. Its ludicrous to put 800$ into play at a 2-4 table, but you could go on a bad run and lose 800$ in that game as a result of bad variance.

If you only have 200 to use as gambling money, my suggestiong are as follows:Consider this your bank role, play low limits, and work at building this up.Once you have doubled your bank roll., use a third of that to start playing higher limits. and continue to move up this way.Playing 2/4 will not eliminate bad beats and suck outs.. trust me and just blaze.,, they happen at 5-10 tables too.

It has been mathematically (statistically) calculated that your overall bankroll should be about 300 big bets at the limit you playlong term. This is to offset the reasonable range of outcomes of where you lose a sequence of pots purely due to the variance of probablistic outcomes. At one sitting (what you actually might be are talking about) usually 30 big bets is a reasonable place to quit if you lose, but one can go as high as 45BB which is the limit Howard Lederer calculated and allowed his sister to lose when she started. So $160 is appropriate for one $2-$4 limit sitting, double that for $4-$8, if you are aggressive. Your bankroll, if you are a winning $2-$4 Hm limit player has to be 300 times $4, or $1200, or the chances are you will be wiped out purely due to variance of likely outcomes (bad "luck"). The question is how hard is it to dig up another $160 for your next play..since it's not hard.. these questions really apply to higher limits starting at $10-$20 ($12,000) anyway, so why worry?

you could take josh arieh's approach:Another question I get is “How did you take it to that next level?” I consider this as a moving up in limits question…. For you conservative people out there, please skip this section, it may cause you heart problems. I have always been one to take a risk. If I had $1000 to my name, I would sit in the $20-$40 game…. $500??? I would go to the 10-20 game… I was never scared to take a chance because I always believed in myself and knew that eventually I would catch a break and put a string of victories together… Don’t get me wrong, I’m not telling you to risk everything you have in the biggest game you can find…. But what I am saying is this…. Take a percentage of your playing money and take a pop at that game one step up…. I promise its not going to be that much harder than the game you are in now… But please don’t tighten up your play, that’s the worst thing you can do… if you find yourself tightening up, go back down.. Your not ready….