1mperium (sorel Mizzi) In A Heap Of Trouble...

eh, yeah.People, past, present and future, will break rules and be immoral. There's no stopping that. How can you not see that?
People in the past, present and future will cheat, rob, kill and rape..... So face the facts people..... Close your eyes and say nothing, it will happen eventually :club: Thanks for your post.... I guess I will try to avoid the tables you are playing on.......
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick side question: how do these people get contacted when they get deep? Say I'm in the final 18 of the Sunday Million.... how would anyone know to reach me to offer to buy my account? The only thing I can think is to search the poker message boards, hope the user name matches, and PM me. Is that what they do? Cuz I don't think I'd be checking for PMs at that point.
I think these two guys know each other.
eh, yeah.People, past, present and future, will break rules and be immoral. There's no stopping that. How can you not see that?
Yeah, but in this situation we may actually know who committed the crime. You don't let someone off for stealing just because, "hell, everyone steals." And it doesn't matter if it's someone's garden gnome or a diamond necklace. Stealing is stealing, and cheating is cheating. If you get caught you should suffer the consequences deemed by your community. And in his case his community in the online poker community. And if you do want to weigh one offense against another, keep in mind imperium has something like 550,000 in tournament winnings. I'm not saying he may have cheated to gain all of his winnings, he's a great player no doubt about it, but if he cheated in even one of his cashes, thats more than many of the multiple cheaters you've mentioned could ever make.

Bluff magazine really knows how to pick winners... First one of their featured bloggers Mark Seif, then this ass-hat.

LOL So Sorel cheated, do you expect ME, specifically me, to do something about it? Do you expect me to start a campaign saying "Mizzi should be jailed". If you expect ME to do that, then your mistaken. Do I expect Full Tilt support to invetigate the situation? Yes. Would I think it appropriate for PokerStars support to investigate his Sunday Million win? You bet. Do I expect Sorel to receive the appropriate punishment once he has been proven guilty? Of course. Do I think that online sites should do everything in their power to stop this from happening? Definitely. Do I think they will succeed, and this will never happen again? No.Will I lose any sleep thinking about this situation? No Do I expect the Full Tilt/PokerStars support to lose any sleep over the situation? Not really Do I expect you to lose any sleep over the situation? No Obviously I expect Full Tilt support to their job and investigate, increase their security measures etc., but I still don't think any system is fullproof and I fully expect that 3 months down the line, there will be a similar post about a similar player cheating. The only way to stop cheating (of any kind) is for all people to have good morals and act ethically. Will ALL people ever have good morals and act ethically? NoTherefore, I can't see how cheating will ever be stopped

ok, I'll admit I don't know what that sentence means.
My point was this:When a claim is made, say, "this guy cheats", it is not a rebuttal to say, "ya, but THOSE guys cheat WAY worse".It is a fallacy. Only useful rhetorically, but lacking any substance.What others are trying to point out to you here is, just because there may be a lot of cheaters, robbers, knaves and brutes in the world...it does not let a single offender of the hook for his actions.I don't think anyone here is going to "lose sleep" over this, or are foaming at the mouth and lighting their torches and grabbing their pitchforks.But they are expressing reasonable, logical, ethical objections to cheating and cheaters.
The only way to stop cheating (of any kind) is for all people to have good morals and act ethically. Will ALL people ever have good morals and act ethically? NoTherefore, I can't see how cheating will ever be stopped
Things like this are reduced to the extent that people do care and hold each other to higher standards. You've made your point, you don't care about integrity in poker, or in life. We get it. Some of us do care.

I want to chime in a bit here. Alot of people on here say they have a big problem when someone hands off their account to someone else. What does everyone think about using PokerTracker, PokerAceHud and other similar programs used to gather information about other players that sit at their tables? I have never used any of these programs myself, but I read alot about how a certain player is like 11/30 or whatever. Personally I feel that that is cheating in itself. Alot of people use "poker tools" to help them either gather information about players or make decisions in certain situations. If you keep notes on players that's one thing, but to have programs basically tell you how certain players play and probably your best course of action against "x" player then I think it's wrong.A bit of rambling, but I think most get the gist of what I'm saying.Edit:I just think it's unfair advantage.

The only way to stop cheating (of any kind) is for all people to have good morals and act ethically. Will ALL people ever have good morals and act ethically? NoTherefore, I can't see how cheating will ever be stopped
A only if all B have C.All B will never have C.Therefore, not A.Ok.Unfortunately, nobody is making claims that have anything to do with your argument.
I want to chime in a bit here. Alot of people on here say they have a big problem when someone hands off their account to someone else. What does everyone think about using PokerTracker, PokerAceHud and other similar programs used to gather information about other players that sit at their tables? I have never used any of these programs myself, but I read alot about how a certain player is like 11/30 or whatever. Personally I feel that that is cheating in itself. Alot of people use "poker tools" to help them either gather information about players or make decisions in certain situations. If you keep notes on players that's one thing, but to have programs basically tell you how certain players play and probably your best course of action against "x" player then I think it's wrong.A bit of rambling, but I think most get the gist of what I'm saying.
I think you're going to be in the minority in thinking that collecting information from a player you can observe playing at your table is unethical. The software is just helping to count and quantify what you can readily observe.
Yeah, but in this situation we may actually know who committed the crime. You don't let someone off for stealing just because, "hell, everyone steals." And it doesn't matter if it's someone's garden gnome or a diamond necklace. Stealing is stealing, and cheating is cheating. If you get caught you should suffer the consequences deemed by your community. And in his case his community in the online poker community. And if you do want to weigh one offense against another, keep in mind imperium has something like 550,000 in tournament winnings. I'm not saying he may have cheated to gain all of his winnings, he's a great player no doubt about it, but if he cheated in even one of his cashes, thats more than many of the multiple cheaters you've mentioned could ever make.
MIIIIKKKEEE.What up, bro'?
I want to chime in a bit here. Alot of people on here say they have a big problem when someone hands off their account to someone else. What does everyone think about using PokerTracker, PokerAceHud and other similar programs used to gather information about other players that sit at their tables? I have never used any of these programs myself, but I read alot about how a certain player is like 11/30 or whatever. Personally I feel that that is cheating in itself. Alot of people use "poker tools" to help them either gather information about players or make decisions in certain situations. If you keep notes on players that's one thing, but to have programs basically tell you how certain players play and probably your best course of action against "x" player then I think it's wrong.A bit of rambling, but I think most get the gist of what I'm saying.Edit:I just think it's unfair advantage.
It's only an advantage at all because people choose not to use it. If everyone used it, it'd just be another part of the game. The information is immediately available to you and this is just a way of keeping track. If there were some reason why some people were not allowed ot use the programs, then yes, it would be an unfair advantage, but still not cheating.What keeps you from going out and DLing PT, PA Hud and other programs? Nothing.
That post written by Action Jeff had me laughing until 3AM this morning. What a fcuking bonehead. Please tell me that guy is not older than 18.
I'm pretty sure he recently turned 21.
Things like this are reduced to the extent that people do care and hold each other to higher standards. You've made your point, you don't care about integrity in poker, or in life. We get it. Some of us do care.
OMFG, where did I say I have no integrity? I said that I believe cheaters should be punished. My point is, that it is totally naive to think that no cheating goes. Cheating obviously goes on, and alot of the time, there's nothing we can do about it. The times where we can do something about it, we should.Can you honestly disagree with that?EDIT: We should also do all we can to ensure cheating does not happen in the future
OMFG, where did I say I have no integrity? I said that I believe cheaters should be punished. My point is, that it is totally naive to think that no cheating goes. Cheating obviously goes on, and alot of the time, there's nothing we can do about it. The times where we can do something about it, we should.Can you honestly disagree with that?
Of course not. But that certainly is a different tone from your first few posts. You might want to reread them. e.g.
What I'm saying is, if it's true, then I don't really care.
I wasn't accusing you of having no integrity, I just said it seemed you didn't care about it. You could see where I got that impression?