1mperium (sorel Mizzi) In A Heap Of Trouble...

I hope these cheaters lose the money they won and get their accounts shut down.Having said that, I assume that if I make a final table of a major tournament, that I am going to be against some of the top players in the world, possibly even a team of them sitting there discussing moves. I feel I need to be prepared to win under those conditions, and should not let that fact intimidate me. If it does, I've lost before I started.This is in no way condoning their actions, or suggesting that the sites should allow it. I think, though, that it is just naive to not prepare yourself for the best online play you will see when that kind of money is on the line.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see Johnny Chan Buy a final Table seat at next years WSOPME for 1 mill with 3rd place chip count 9 handed.that would be good TV
this is exactly what the WPT needs to do. The ratings problem that that they've had is that there are too many FTs without a big name pro with personality (hansen, nguyen, negreanu, etc). If they allowed pros to buy the chip stacks of amateurs late in a tourney it would be win/win--there would be people who were scared to play willing to sell, and it would mean more interesting FTs. I may write this up and send it to someone at WPT actually.
The 2+2 thread makes me laugh so hard. People are fellating Jeff like it's some heroic post. I, for one, don't usually think people are particularly credible when they say things like "I don't really care about morals or any of that crap..." The post feels like a giant level.MLG is the only one who makes any sense in that thread imo.
i just got to MLG's posts. smart guy."Personally I could care less whether or not Jeff slaughters his relationships with these people. However, continuing his relationship with them, despite them doing thigns he considers unethical undermines the moral stance he's taking. " is spot on.
this is exactly what the WPT needs to do. The ratings problem that that they've had is that there are too many FTs without a big name pro with personality (hansen, nguyen, negreanu, etc). If they allowed pros to buy the chip stacks of amateurs late in a tourney it would be win/win--there would be people who were scared to play willing to sell, and it would mean more interesting FTs. I may write this up and send it to someone at WPT actually.
this is quite honestly the stupidest idea ever.
I'm fairly involved in the Pocketfives thread so I will just make one statement here...The Cowboys are going to beat the Packers tonight.
You are from WI. WTF are you saying?
this is quite honestly the stupidest idea ever.
lolwhenever someone has an original idea the majority of people are too stupid and used to what is customary to see the value in it
lolwhenever someone has an original idea the majority of people are too stupid and used to what is customary to see the value in it
this one's kinda dumb, though. and i don't even like flaming people.
It's not original.and you aren't even the first one to mention it.

You know, this stuff (this and the absolute stuff) is just going to scare the fish even further away (and I will happily categorize myself as a fish), after the whole online deposit debacle as well. That little induced break was enough to make me lose my poker mojo, and now that it is starting to come back, I see stuff like has happened re cheating in the last couple of months and I say screw it, I can beat the 3/6 limit game at the brick and mortar, so why bother with online.Wonder how many semi/mid serious players out there like me, who on the whole tend to be donators, are having these same thoughts. I think the pro players that are doing this are slitting the throats of all online pros. Oh well, maybe when it is just pros playing pros something more will be done about this (or not). Just seems retarded to scare away the dead mobney.Off to the brick and mortar........

u guys know that I, was kidding in my post right? since his post was a reflection of mine,
As long as you agree the idea is retarded.
Anybody wonder Why Sorel did not recoginize Matt when he bragged to him 5 minutes later? Was Matt playing under an alias?
It seems to me he was rubbing it in. I think one thing that is absolutely true from all of the bs that has gone on is that JJ's "crew" has an ego even bigger than their poker skill which is hard to fathom. They win huge tourneys over and over against the rules and can't stop themselves from telling everyone about it.
It seems to me he was rubbing it in. I think one thing that is absolutely true from all of the bs that has gone on is that JJ's "crew" has an ego even bigger than their poker skill which is hard to fathom. They win huge tourneys over and over against the rules and can't stop themselves from telling everyone about it.
Half the thrill of doing crap like this is everyone knowing it...and the other side of the coin is they want everyone know what great players they are.It's the crap FWP used to talk about - living the gambler's lifestyle, taking other people's money...blah blah blah. Just another reminder that for too many people morality is defined by what you can get away with.
I think its hilarious that he hasn't posted yet.
he has made a thread nowhttp://www.pocketfives.com/BD836AF0-F439-4...93FE47F071.aspx
Although, admittedly, I saw the first and second page of this post last night when there were only 100 posts I decided to let this thread evolve tillI arrived in Vegas and now I'm definitley glad I made that decision because it has given me a clear perspective on who my true friends are andhas caused me to re-evaluate the character of those who I thought were friends/supporters... I really don't know where to start, there are so many things people think they know but in reality they have no clue of. I guess I'll startoff with MattG's claims:The fact of the matter is that the situation took place over a year ago where I messaged MattG on pocketfives during the tournament telling him I am helping my friend in this satellite so he was aware of it. I noticed afterwords he hadn't responded so I AIMed him to see if he got it. I was literally astonished when I heard himsay I bragged or gloated since there is no shot I would EVER do that, and anyone that knows me even a LITTLE knows that is SO absurd to say. I have no clue how he got the impression that I was bragging, but it is so wrong and I WISH I had the conversation to post on here because everyone would see that nothing I said was even CLOSE to bragging. Andy McCleod, I'm almost speechless at your post. I guess I should not be surprised that you are so immature at 16 (yes Andy Mcleod is 16 for those of you who didn't know) . If you are going to lie about your age and say you are playing professionally, then you should be able to responsibly choose your games. That is the most basic prerequisite for even playing professionally. Furthermore, I have no idea why you are pretending that we were friends. I don't even think we've talked on MSN for more than 30 minutes collectively. How you can try to say with a straight face that I took advantage of you...one of the best players in the online world...is truly beyond me, and you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to suggest that. Were you planning on returning the money if you won, or are you entitled to take free shots on tilt and if u lose simply impose a moral dilemma on the person who beat you? As far as the situation with FTP goes I hope that everyone can understand the intense scrutiny that I am under and be respectful and patient at this time. I currently am in the process of finalizing a formal interview with a major media outlet to explain the situation that has been discussed. Please understand that it would be impossible to address everyone's questions/comments by responding to each one individually. Obviously, I am doing this interview so that I can hopefully answer all of your collective questions and concerns. I am hopeful the interview will take place this weekend, but it will certainly be as soon as possible. I promise to be fully open and honest about the situation. I would like everyone to know that I appreciate your thoughts and concern on this matter. The support is appreciated. P.S. YTIU is posing as yellowsub and created the RIP Imper1um thread in case anyone did not figure that out.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^GrinderMJ hit the nail right on the head in the P5's thread:Outing McLeod just to take some of the pressure off of himself (Sorel) was a really, really $#!tty thing to do.