Attacked At Poker Bar

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And seriously that is the entire story, I have never seen anything happen like this in my life I have no idea what prompted this guy to attack me in such a way, throughout the entire escapade the only words I said to the bouncer was don't tase me bro after I had been hit, and then I just left, people like that are retarded and belong in jail.
fyp

first off, those of you who know me from back when I used to post and have played with me, such as alf, bpv, and zach, know that I am a very amiable person. Although I have gotten obnoxious and beligerant on many occasions while drinking, this was not one of them. second, the whole reason I am taking this action, and not just letting it slide, is because of how outlandish this bouncers behaviour was. This isnt some attempt to get back at some bouncer for beating my ass, this guy doesnt belong on the street, or at the least needs to hopefully learn a lesson. Furthermore, this bouncer took it upon himself to run out to the sidewalk after I had quietly left, and suckerpunched me from behind which knocked me into a main street.I forgot how much I miss FCP's cynicism(no sw), thanks for the serious responses...

first off, those of you who know me from back when I used to post and have played with me, such as alf, bpv, and zach, know that I am a very amiable person. Although I have gotten obnoxious and beligerant on many occasions while drinking, this was not one of them. second, the whole reason I am taking this action, and not just letting it slide, is because of how outlandish this bouncers behaviour was. This isnt some attempt to get back at some bouncer for beating my ass, this guy doesnt belong on the street, or at the least needs to hopefully learn a lesson. Furthermore, this bouncer took it upon himself to run out to the sidewalk after I had quietly left, and suckerpunched me from behind which knocked me into a main street.I forgot how much I miss FCP's cynicism(no sw), thanks for the serious responses...
No, I'm serious, what is a "pole holding a rope"

the rope i'm talking about is the "velvet" rope in a sense, the small little chainlink roping that is attatched to two tiers usually about 3-5 ft apart that the bouncer usually removes to let people through. too lazy to google pic I- -I I - - I I -- - - I I I I----- ---------haha that probably took longer than to link an image....lol

Meh, I believe the story.1. Internet poker players usually don't act all crazy live. They stay quiet and try not to look stupid handling their chips. From my experience live players act like much bigger douches than online in a live setting.2. I know a lot of bouncers. They are kinda crazy and often roided up, in addition to getting free alcohol.3. Why post it on a message board? If he was going to sue the guy cuz he's a rich kid why not just do it on his own time?Instead he comes off like a dude who got his ass whooped and is angry about it. I think that's believeable.
#2....we have a winnnah! bouncers are a-holes mostly.gotta love the d-bags out in full force. his dad has enough money to have a lawyer....he must be a spoiled punk who picks fights with large, aggressive people.rwood, your odds of recovering here are close to nil. I would complain to a manager however. maybe you can get him fired. suing is a waste likely.

Oh, and to answer that other question, the bouncer was arrested. He is being charged with assault, and my family is trying to get the charge changed to Aggravated Assault due to the way I was attacked and the danger it put me in (falling into the street). My father has been friends w/ someone in the Newport DA's office for years so hopefully they can make that happen. It's funny how some posters on here think that someone could ever deserve being attacked in such a way. A fair fight is one thing, attacking someone unknowingly, is totally different, I dont care what is said.EDIT: oh and after talking to a few personal injury lawyers, there is basically no chance I will get much out of this, monetarily speaking... If anyone was interested...

Oh, and to answer that other question, the bouncer was arrested. He is being charged with assault, and my family is trying to get the charge changed to Aggravated Assault due to the way I was attacked and the danger it put me in (falling into the street). My father has been friends w/ someone in the Newport DA's office for years so hopefully they can make that happen. It's funny how some posters on here think that someone could ever deserve being attacked in such a way. A fair fight is one thing, attacking someone unknowingly, is totally different, I dont care what is said.EDIT: oh and after talking to a few personal injury lawyers, there is basically no chance I will get much out of this, monetarily speaking... If anyone was interested...
No offense, I know you've been around a while and, from what I can tell you are a respected member, but maybe you should have included thewhole story in your OP instead of sending it out in bits and pieces?I mean this is the interweb. Most of us on here have been conditioned to be cynical.I for one am sorry for discounting your story now that you've given more info and I hope you're doing alright with the concussion etc...

Craziness.I was at my bar league game about 2 months ago and we stayed for some drinks afterwards. It was about 1:00 am on a Monday night/Tuesday morning. Was just me and a bud of mine left when this crackhead at the table next to us went all nuts and started cursing and screaming and then broke a beer bottle over the head of the girl he was with. I'm a pretty small guy, but my bud and I instantly jumped up to 'do something' and the bouncer that was there completely destroyed the dude in like 3 seconds. Cops came, good stories ensued.No real point to this story of relevance to yours, but your story reminded me of this one so there ya have it.GL with the healing and I agree that dude should face some serious punishment, just ridiculous.

actually tilt I am used to people discounting stories, it's no worries. I was more just making a point to the people that said that I may have deserved it. A person generally IMO should never be struck regardless of what they say. We arent in a barbarian society anymore, nor are we in high school. Adults should solve their problems like respectable members of society, not like tyrone from South Central. Talking to the officer who took my statement, I made a point to make sure he understood I had said nothing to instigate. The officer stopped me to remind me that what I said to him was of no consequence, that assaulting someone is assault, regardless of what was said. Hopefully, parents can teach their children as they grow up to be functioning, conformative, non-violent members of society, so that they don't ****ing attack people...

I remember you rwood, but I'm not sure for what. Here's the thing. People don't USUALLY get attacked from behind for no reason. If you called my wife a cunt, guess what that would buy you? Words are not grounds for assault in the eyes of the law, but they can be when you get into natural law. You said you knocked over a valet pole thingie. There is zero chance you knocked this over, picked it up and went about your way. You're choosing not to say what really happened. It's all kind of silly. Here's how I know:

actually tilt I am used to people discounting stories, it's no worries. I was more just making a point to the people that said that I may have deserved it. A person generally IMO should never be struck regardless of what they say. We arent in a barbarian society anymore, nor are we in high school. Adults should solve their problems like respectable members of society, not like tyrone from South Central. Talking to the officer who took my statement, I made a point to make sure he understood I had said nothing to instigate. The officer stopped me to remind me that what I said to him was of no consequence, that assaulting someone is assault, regardless of what was said. Hopefully, parents can teach their children as they grow up to be functioning, conformative, non-violent members of society, so that they don't ****ing attack people...
Come on, you called his mom a whore didn't you?

What reason did the attorneys give for not wanting to pursue this ? It seems to me like this would be a case, especially because of the criminal action pending.Why does the idiot who burned themseleves with McDonalds coffee get cash and not someone who was assaulted ?