Where Are They Now?

LOL at David Williams/Grinder. I played with Grinder tonight in his tourney at Planet Hollywood and he brought David along. Grinder played well with shades of boredom hero calls. He did pick off a triple barrel with AK high and was good. Nice guy, kept rooting for the dolphins though so I berated him for that. Yawn, this thread does not deliver.
I was in Vegas a couple weeks ago and chopped first place in the grinder tourney. Didn't play at his table during the tournament though. He did play at my 1/2 NL table for about an hour and a half before the tourney though. Uber aggressive power poker super system esque bordering on lagtard, But he didn't make too many bad decisions post-flop, despite the insignificant monies involved. He was on my direct right and he's a pretty nice guy, but I guess he has to be since Planet Hollywood is paying him to be there!
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What ever happened to the FCP member who knew Thunder Keller ? I think his name was Rob or Ron. He had a friar for an avatar. He used to run Magic the Gathering conventions. He was nice.....where did he go ?And where is Actuary ?
Last I heard he was taking a mini-break from poker/fcp to focus on work-related stuff.And finz, I must say, you bring up an excellent point:This thread would actually deliver if it was a "FCP posters: Where are they now" concept.

The OP alone as a poster in this thread could make this the super-thread, He so wants it to be.... Keep those post coming... dont forget about Tomer from the 2003 wsop main event?

What ever happened to the FCP member who knew Thunder Keller ? I think his name was Rob or Ron. He had a friar for an avatar. He used to run Magic the Gathering conventions. He was nice.....where did he go ?And where is Actuary ?
1) Ray Powers - not sure where he went.2) Actuary took a break from poker to focus on the rest of his life. Like a lot of the people here, he has a very addictive personality, and wanted to quit cold turkey for a while, to get the rest of his life straightened out. With that, he had to stop coming to FCP. He says he may be back in the future, but you never know. The funny thing, he wanted to keep his "retirement" quiet, because he wanted people to just wonder where he went, lol.
1) Ray Powers - not sure where he went.2) Actuary took a break from poker to focus on the rest of his life. Like a lot of the people here, he has a very addictive personality, and wanted to quit cold turkey for a while, to get the rest of his life straightened out. With that, he had to stop coming to FCP. He says he may be back in the future, but you never know. The funny thing, he wanted to keep his "retirement" quiet, because he wanted people to just wonder where he went, lol.
Rejoice! What a great event that has shone upon this thread in the light of day - great FCPer's of the past!Ignorant would be he who would not embrace such a delightful modification to the thread's topic
Tobey actually cashed at the WSOP and I believe he won a sick amount in some multi-millionaire cash game.
And speaking of embracing - one can't help but wanting to embrace that video jpeg that Influcted has blessed us with, and the static one is no slouch either. I sit mesmerized listening to the bathwater run................Long may Influcted post!!!!!!
And speaking of embracing - one can't help but wanting to embrace that video jpeg that Influcted has blessed us with, and the static one is no slouch either. I sit mesmerized listening to the bathwater run................
Oh dear, starting to overflow now...........
oooh ooh this one is the best:Lee Jones!
Hendon Mob.Oh - superthread is dying............noooooooooooo . Clay! Clay! Rescue us.Put the tree huggers on tilt maybe:Al Gore? :club:
Shedding a mantear now ......... it is a rare and glorious day indeed to out-Aiken my lord and savior Clay Almighty!!!!What can we expect next, a visit from the hallowed Balloon Guy!!!!! He of the indomitable wealth and wisdom and warmth of the desert!!!!!
I swear to God, if you could log in now as Al Gore, and state how much fun selling out has been, all hell would break loose, and my life's work complete (almost). This is so much more fun than arguing with the tree huggers about GW over in the DN blog section........
Alas, midnight has struck, and as the Great Balloon Man has viewed the post twice and not put pen to paper, nor finger to keypad, my day's journey has come to an end only partially fulfilled.Live on, young non-superthread, into the wee hours amidst the endless ringgames and mind numbing sit'n'gos that litter this electronic world in which you live, and be nourished in the coming days and months by the wit, wisdom, and wickedness of those that follow.....Oh yeah, what did the skeleton say before sitting down to dinner?Bone-appetit!
Blessed ye Great Balloon Man. You have inspired a wikipedia search on the unibrowed one with the difficult name......http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Karagulleyan
Rejoice! What a great event that has shone upon this thread in the light of day - great FCPer's of the past!Ignorant would be he who would not embrace such a delightful modification to the thread's topic
And speaking of embracing - one can't help but wanting to embrace that video jpeg that Influcted has blessed us with, and the static one is no slouch either. I sit mesmerized listening to the bathwater run................Long may Influcted post!!!!!!
I really hope you know that your sarcasm, use of "Sounding Smart" english and/or over the top forced excitement is neither funny nor amusing. Better luck next time!
I always find it interesting when someone bumps a super old thread and I start clicking on the old posters profiles. Many of them are long gone.
I really hope you know that your sarcasm, use of "Sounding Smart" english and/or over the top forced excitement is neither funny nor amusing.
Over the top forced excitement! OUCHH!!!!That really hurts man ...... :club:
but Dolphins/under was lock of the decade.
I needed less than 37 points to win two pools worth $490.When I saw the start was delayed to bad weather, I knew I had them won.More bankroll for the WPT next month. :club:
what happened to the glorious Marcel Luske?I miss his singing
Still plays allllll the time, although he's entrenched in business over in CHOLLAND
FYPand...[ ] Thread delivers
YTB! Glad not everyone on here is a Negatard like Bobversion1.0! I hope Robertversion2.0 is a little more glasshalffullish........
YTB! Glad not everyone on here is a Negatard like Bobversion1.0! I hope Robertversion2.0 is a little more glasshalffullish........
Hate to say it man, but you realize he was saying this thread does NOT Deliver....right? If it delivered, there would have been a little x in those brackets. Ah, little grasshopper, you will learn one day.Plus, I am one of the more optomistic people you will find, so for your thread to get the response I gave, that is not a very good sign for this thread at all.
Any money in scrabble? Probably not rigged like online poker :0Actually, I am thinking of taking up foosball again. Ran into an old arcade foe after 25 years while waiting in the poker room the other night. Used to be some big money (5 bucks a game) on foosball. Wonder if it has kept up with inflation.
Funny that you mention foosball.We have a foosball table at the Tuesday night game I play at. Biggest game so far was a $400/head four player. SICK SICK action at the foosball table. Another guy bet his truck camper against the foosball table (guy lost the camper).DEFINITELY recommend foosball gambling.
Keep those post coming... dont forget about Tomer from the 2003 wsop main event?
Back when I started picking up poker and eventually watched the 2003 WSOP, we had a name for Tomer's style of play. It appeared that he was just sitting and not really playing any hands, trying to move up in the money. We now call it "Tomer-ing it into the money."
Funny that you mention foosball.We have a foosball table at the Tuesday night game I play at. Biggest game so far was a $400/head four player. SICK SICK action at the foosball table. Another guy bet his truck camper against the foosball table (guy lost the camper).DEFINITELY recommend foosball gambling.
Indeed I ended up youtubing foosball last night and man would I get my rear end kicked these days by the new wave of players. This new? (how new?) snake shot where they do a complete revolution and the player then catch the grip is so sick! Even the super slo mo's of this shot are lightning fast.Youtube a fellow named Billy Pappas, dude is number 1 in the world and sick good. Makes me want to go buy a table and learn this new shot.Looks like some big money in tournaments these days too ($25,000 tournies for rolling a little ball around with wooden sticks screwed onto metal bars.........). Oops, wait sounds like golf before they invented metal woods!

Paul "The Truth" Darden. We were talking about him the other night at my home game. He was everywhere 3-4 years ago. Now........................?*L*T*

I just saw David Williams on PAD wearing some stupid bling necklace with 2 aces on it. Looked like something Ryland would rock. Pic is on the PAD site under the 11-20 lineup, click on David to see. Looked like something you'd buy on here. --> www.pimpcostumes.com/Tom.
LOL true that!
Indeed I ended up youtubing foosball last night and man would I get my rear end kicked these days by the new wave of players. This new? (how new?) snake shot where they do a complete revolution and the player then catch the grip is so sick! Even the super slo mo's of this shot are lightning fast.Youtube a fellow named Billy Pappas, dude is number 1 in the world and sick good. Makes me want to go buy a table and learn this new shot.Looks like some big money in tournaments these days too ($25,000 tournies for rolling a little ball around with wooden sticks screwed onto metal bars.........). Oops, wait sounds like golf before they invented metal woods!
Learning that snake shot is enormously +ev for me... will get working on it ASAP.
There is a feature on MTV which profiles folks who made a big splash 20 years or so ago (mostly 1 hit wonders). Seems like we could form quite a list from the early days of the poker boom. Stars may be a bit of a big word (probably fits the Grinder though as everyone knew who he was for a while) In particular, I would be curious of what became of these players who at one point or another were on a very nice run (some nicer than others of course):Thomas (Thunder) Keller Got Gastric Bypass surgery so hasn't played much, too busy getting assTuan Le Currently working as a DJ for an Amsterdam morning radio showMatt Matros Currently lecturing on Financial Mathematics + business in Stanford Business schoolMichael Mizrachi Is serving 3 years for killing 7 Asian prostitutesLiz Lueu (sp?) See comment aboveDavid Williams See comment aboveHave these guys gone busto? You don't seem to hear their names much anymore. Please feel free to add to this list.I would add Moneymaker and Raymer but they seem to pop up playing mid and low limit and the odd tourney on Stars now and then.