wow, just wow. why was there no pressure on the inbounds pass? and mike brown is the luckiest coach in the league, without lebron he is never getting another head coaching job.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You didn't finish college, what's he supposed to think?

I remember Jalen Rose talking about taking money once. Like, people become outraged and act like it's a bunch of greedy assholes ruining the integrity of the game, but even if you have a problem with

LBJ > MJ

wow, just wow. why was there no pressure on the inbounds pass?
Hi I'm a Van Gundy, and I'm fucking retarded. I didn't watch the Nuggets/Lakers game one where pressuring the inbound pass won the Lakers the game.
Hi I'm a Van Gundy, and I'm fucking retarded. I didn't watch the Nuggets/Lakers game one where pressuring the inbound pass won the Lakers the game.
its been mentioned other places but the biggest mistake was by Pietrus who chased Pavlovic to half court needlessly, opening up a passing lane for Mo to Lebron.And if Cleveland is going to win this series, Mo Williams needs to play better. The difference between the Cavs this year and every other year was his play (having a legit #2).
Found someone try to take a charge:
lolz
I admire Delonte's bravery. I am sure he is glad to be on the Cavs now and not have to make that decision ever again.
its been mentioned other places but the biggest mistake was by Pietrus who chased Pavlovic to half court needlessly, opening up a passing lane for Mo to Lebron.And if Cleveland is going to win this series, Mo Williams needs to play better. The difference between the Cavs this year and every other year was his play (having a legit #2).
i think his shoulder is bothering him
  • 2 weeks later...

From the most recent mailbag in response to Lebron being upset at losing the conference finals.

(Now, please spend the summer working on a low-post game and come back with at least two moves. If you care about cracking the top six of all time -- and I think you do -- then you should have a reliable jump hook, a drop step and an MJ-like fallaway by November. Period.)
I've been saying this for a while now. Glad someone else notices it. Also if he does that, he will be 100% unstoppable.
From the most recent mailbag in response to Lebron being upset at losing the conference finals.I've been saying this for a while now. Glad someone else notices it. Also if he does that, he will be 100% unstoppable.
Yeah, he has to learn these moves since he had a horrible season, right?Jadaki Idk why you have such distaste for Lebron,. Most of the stuff you said in this thread is off base. Way off base.
Yeah, he has to learn these moves since he had a horrible season, right?Jadaki Idk why you have such distaste for Lebron,. Most of the stuff you said in this thread is off base. Way off base.
I don't have a distaste for him. I just don't buy into the hype when he has some pretty gaping weak spots in his game, he is just good at covering them up. He is given way to much credit for what he does when other people do it better and don't get the same recognition for it.It's funny how everyone was telling me earlier in this thread that Simmons says he is the best blah blah blah and now Simmons is pointing out the same things missing from his game that I did. Your right though, I'm way off base that he has no post up game and his mid range game is mediocre at best. Not to mention he gets way too much credit for his defense. My problem with him is more in how he is marketed and how niave fans believe he is already one of the best to ever play when he still has yet to prove anything.
I don't have a distaste for him. I just don't buy into the hype when he has some pretty gaping weak spots in his game, he is just good at covering them up. He is given way to much credit for what he does when other people do it better and don't get the same recognition for it.It's funny how everyone was telling me earlier in this thread that Simmons says he is the best blah blah blah and now Simmons is pointing out the same things missing from his game that I did. Your right though, I'm way off base that he has no post up game and his mid range game is mediocre at best. Not to mention he gets way too much credit for his defense. My problem with him is more in how he is marketed and how niave fans believe he is already one of the best to ever play when he still has yet to prove anything.
Jerry West just said he's passed Kobe - he won an MVP at 24 - he's yet to prove anythingby the way Dwight Howard is still very raw but has proved something too - NBA players often get by on their physical ability when they are young and as they get older have more complete games
Jerry West just said he's passed Kobe - he won an MVP at 24 - he's yet to prove anythingby the way Dwight Howard is still very raw but has proved something too - NBA players often get by on their physical ability when they are young and as they get older have more complete games
Ask Jerry West who got their team to the finals.I agree on their second point, which is funny because it's basically what I said about Lebron the entire time in this thread and you have disagreed with me. He gets by on 70% physical gifts that he doesn't even take full advantage of. With his size and passing ability he should be posting to command double teams way more often. When he starts doing that he will be completely impossible to stop or even slow down.I'm done discussing Lebron for the season, since he is out working on his chipping and putting.
when he still has yet to prove anything.
The tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny shred of credibility I had left for your thoughts on this man has just been lost.
I'm done discussing Lebron for the season, since he is out working on his chipping and putting.
Which is amazing considering how hard the refs tried to get him to the finals, right?
The tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny shred of credibility I had left for your thoughts on this man has just been lost.
You prove yourself in the postseason. Your legacy is the number of rings you end up with more than anything. That's why Kobe is dying to get #4. Lebron knows this.What has he done in the playoffs... he took a team to the finals that got swept, of course everyone here knows that same team wouldn't have gotten out of the first round of the west that year. So big accomplishment, not really.Last year no home court and facing a better team in the second round, he is out. This year he has home court advantage throughout, best record in the league, the MVP and what happens in the conference finals? You can place some of the blame on the GM and Coach too, but this was clearly his best chance to do anything. Boston gets better next year with KG returning, Orlando gets better with Nelson coming back, and the Cavs are poised to lose half their roster (some of which isn't a loss, but still). This time they were the favorite, and they came up way short and it probably just gets harder next season.So his postseason record isn't much more impressive than Tracy McGrady's. Actually it's probably more of a disappointment considering the hype around him. Sure he put up really nice numbers, but go ask him if he would trade his numbers for being in the finals right now.
Which is amazing considering how hard the refs tried to get him to the finals, right?
To bad he and the refs were the only ones following that game plan, eh?
So his postseason record isn't much more impressive than Tracy McGrady's
god i hope you are joking that isnt just the most assinine thing you've ever said in this thread it's possibly the dumbest statement in fcp history which is really tough to doTracy McGrady - never won a playoff series - always disappearsLebron been to the NBA finals and has led his team to i think at least 6Lebron scoring the last 25 points of the game vs the Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals - essentially the same championship team that beat the lakers to put a parapelegic team into the finalsThat Game 2 shot against the MagicHe just had statistically the best series perhaps of all time don't know what it ended up as but he was like 41 8 8 before the last gameI think Reggie Miller's reaction to the Orlando series was - if Lebron were on the Lakers they'd win 75 gamesWinning definitely matters but still there are times that you show your excellence in losingJadaki would be writing that Harvey Haddix choked after losing that game where he pitched a perfect game for 12 inningsThis is why I almost want LeBron to leave Cleveland if we can't pick up a free agent - watching him play with a lot of great teammates like that Laker cast would be intensely fun to watch

He has had 2 memorable playoff performances, but in the finals he is 0-4, and when he was supposed to cruise to the finals this year he is instead about to get spanked by David Stern for bad sportsmanship. Or not, David doesn't want to punish his top star.I'd call that disappointing for a guy with his talent, and sorry when you have the best record in the league you can't blame his teammates that helped him get that record.Tracy doesn't always disappear, he has put up good numbers in losses too. He also has had a flood of injury problems that aren't exactly his fault.Excellence in losing is still losing. Ask Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing, John Stockton, Charles Barkley etc etc etc...Why would I care what Reggie Miller thinks in his make believe world?

every sane person that watched that orlando series said "Jesus Lebron is awesome wow his teammates suck - how did they win 66 games?"Everybody knew Jordan was awesome before he won and everyone but you would kill to have LeBron on their team

every sane person that watched that orlando series said "Jesus Lebron is awesome wow his teammates suck - how did they win 66 games?"Everybody knew Jordan was awesome before he won and everyone but you would kill to have LeBron on their team
I wouldn't kill to have him on my team, I sure wouldn't say no though*You got him an all star teammate this year for the whole season. Can't make excuses for poor teammates this year. You can blame management for not pulling the trigger on a deal to dump Wally and get another tall perimeter player though. *The main reason I wouldn't want to built around him right now is because he doesn't focus on playing the way I would want to exploit his talents. I sure wouldn't just hand him the ball at the top of the key and say "make a play". If you have read that thread in general sports where they did a fantasy draft of soccer players and built teams that would be an interesting thing to do with basketball too. I'd be curious to see where people would pick some of todays current stars compared to the older generations and how they would use them.

Not trading Wally was a management mistake based on the fact that the team was doing so wellMo didn't really show up in the playoffs I think it was his first and he felt the pressueI think the hand LeBron the ball and get out of the way is atrocious and I've been all over Mike Brown for that - my assumption is that if you have LeBron then you can get him to do whatever it is you want him to do by convincing him that it will help him winJordan was raw in the beginning and was noted for adding one new skill every summer (post up, fadeway)Lebron has been working on his jump shooting and defense which are much much better than when he came into the leagueIf you think I'm blaming his teammates go back and see what was written about Jordan the first 7 years - They were writing that he'd be the Ernie Banks of baseballBill Cartwright said in the Jordan Rules - He's immensely talented but that's not basketballAnd Believe me Jordan was just as hyped as you say LeBron is - he started the marketing revolution and was hated by some for getting all the endorsement money before he did anything because he was so cool - that's why he was frozen out of that one All Star Game by Isaiah et alEvery single thing you say you hate about LeBron was also said about Jordan

1. I know, but if they weren't going to play Wally much why not try and get value? Didn't seem like a big deal then, but hindsight... B. Mo played in the playoffs with them last year. He didn't play that good this year, he was a pretty big disappointment but I don't think he was really put in a position to succeed either.III. I know you have, and you're probably right about Lebron being willing to do whatever. If he works on his post up game this summer, next season is going to be scary. He is so much bigger in the post than anyone guarding him he should be exploiting that for easy baskets and getting his teammates open looks.I don't think Jordan had quite the hype Lebron does. Lets not forget Jordan was out all but like 15 games of his second year, and he was the one that started the whole media spotlight like this on players so it took a little while to build up. He wasn't a lock for the number 1 pick like Lebron, no one was saying he was going to dominate the NBA like we heard about Lebron. There were questions about Jordan coming out of college, he just improved and answered them at a ridiculous pace.

1. Mo wasn't on the Cavs last year2. I was in Chicago for the Jordan thing - he was the third pick but just because there was a bias towards bigs last yearWhat you don't give enough to was how huge Michael Jordan was in the history of Sports marketing especially NikeBack then Magic and Larry Bird were getting practically nothing to wear Converse - there was no Basketball media no commercials with basketball playersMichael and Nike changed that and then David Stern jumped on it and fueled itMichael became the first athlete that wasn't a golfer to make more outside of hoops than playing and there was incredible jealousySeason Two is when it all started Michael was hurt and the Bulls wanted him to sit out the end of the season but Jordan said they could make the playoffs and insisted on coming back - then he scored 63 against Boston and everything went bat shit - Don't forget the Bulls got swept by Boston - but he was hugely lauded for coming back when he didn't need to and for making the playoffsMagic and Bird revitalized the NBA by making winning important again but Michael Jordan is the modern NBA not for his winning but for his marketing and there were tons of critics as it was happeningHe was intensely popular and selling tons of gear as an athlete who got swept in the first round!Read about him getting frozen out of that All Star Game - that's the most vitriol in the history of the NBA

Your telling me things I already know.The difference between Jordan and Lebron is Jordan still had to build it. Lebron has had it handed to him from day 1 (because of what basketball has become during the Jordan era).

Your telling me things I already know.The difference between Jordan and Lebron is Jordan still had to build it. Lebron has had it handed to him from day 1 (because of what basketball has become during the Jordan era).
but you ignore how much he resented because he achieved it in TV commercials before he did it on the courthere's something to think about - if the Bulls don't make an amazing discovery with scottie pippen - how many titles does Jordan win?