• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You didn't finish college, what's he supposed to think?

I remember Jalen Rose talking about taking money once. Like, people become outraged and act like it's a bunch of greedy assholes ruining the integrity of the game, but even if you have a problem with

LBJ > MJ

Good video. Always love the Dream.

That is some comprehensive article.

LBJ was sick on first in the first 15 minutes last night. He easily could went for 60.

It's funny, but twitter makes you hate people. BoJo was rt'ing some idiots after Lebron missed his first three after going 5-5, saying "oh, he's bricked the last 2 shots, pass the ball@ when he was 10-14 for 28pts and 5-6 from 3pt with 6 minutes left to go in the 2nd Q

People, man, they just suck

BoJo's twitter feed is fascinating. Most famous people don't engage with the stupid people that respond to him, he does and exposes them and then blocks. Some of it is horrifying and some of it just illuminates how dumb the average mope is.

And how racist, but mostly how dumb.

It's funny you say that because when he or Whitlock RT some idiot, sometimes I'll read their tweets. Scary and depressing. I don't ever remember people being that dumb when I was younger. I guess they just didnt get to advertise it as much.

The other puzzling one is people going around begging celebs for a RT. Not to promote a good cause, just to say a celeb acknowledged their existence. Frightening, truly.

• 1 month later...

I'm just wondering what the Pacers strategy was on that final possession. I would think that denying James the chance to even catch the inbounds would be priority number one. Roy Hibbert on the bench? You leave your best defender/shot blocker/inside presence on the bench on the final possession? I guess not much could have been done once Lebron caught the pass. He blew by George so fast nobody could even react. I've watched the replay a handful of times to see if George could have contested the shot, but he looked caught off guard with how fast Lebron caught the ball and changed directions.

Haralabob had a pretty good series of tweets on Indy's defense late

These first ones aren't about the final play but the play before

Haralabos Voulgaris ‏@haralabob 6h

Hate taking out Hibbert here too. Vogel just messing this up

He does this all the time, takes Hibbert out all the time, and every time the other team drives for a layup

When your entire defense is predicated on funneling everything on the perimeter to your shotblocker, you don't take him out late in games

Vogel did that (taking Hibbert out) vs NYK late too, i tweeted about it then as well, gave up layups to NYK then as well

And then the last play

Don't mind Roy being out here since only 2.2 left

Then again, if anyone can get to the rim in 2.2 apparently its LBJ

Yep. RT @gregsdrunk: @haralabob second thoughts?

Okay Vogel had Sam Young on Bosh, the devils advocate of Roy being in, Miami is going 4 out.

Its not like Roy can just camp in the lane, he's gonna have to go out to the 3 pt line anyways

You can't have it both ways, its either gonna be a wide open Bosh 20 ft Reggie, or a contested LBJ layup. Can't be a contested 20 ft too

@StocktonShorts Whatever the distance between humans, and those that aren't. LBJ just isn't human. Its not fair

@SaumilSethna PG is a great defender when he's funneling everything to Roy, on an island vs LBJ, not many can defend.

I'd have played quasi zone RT @gcnmoo: @haralabob what would you have done with west? Guard in bound like he did?or cheat towards lebron?

This. Esp when your defense is designed w/ him in RT @YourManDevine: To me, Hibbert-wise, is that you should dance with what brung you.

The other key thing is you are up 1 so a 3 vs 2 is irrelevant, if you can make them take a 3, awesome.

The crazy thing about Vogel taking Roy out, if you go back and watch NYK series, late he did the same thing and NYK had similar results

I heard barkley make a similar argument. With 2.2 seconds left, I'm sure he never thought Lebron would try, or be able to drive to the basket. He took HIbbert out so Bosh could be defended on the three. Hibbert can't go out and guard on the perimeter well, and if he's out there, as Bob says he wouldn't have been in a position to block LBJ at the rim. And to remind everyone, there were 2.2 seconds left. I've never seen anyone do what lebron did with that little time. Vogel HAD to think they were going to shoot a jumper. At the moment LBJ did it, I was like "whats he doin.. OMG!!!!. I think people are being results oriented here, I think Vogel did the right thing, Lebron just did what maybe only he can do.

I heard barkley make a similar argument. With 2.2 seconds left, I'm sure he never thought Lebron would try, or be able to drive to the basket. He took HIbbert out so Bosh could be defended on the three. Hibbert can't go out and guard on the perimeter well, and if he's out there, as Bob says he wouldn't have been in a position to block LBJ at the rim. And to remind everyone, there were 2.2 seconds left. I've never seen anyone do what lebron did with that little time. Vogel HAD to think they were going to shoot a jumper. At the moment LBJ did it, I was like "whats he doin.. OMG!!!!. I think people are being results oriented here, I think Vogel did the right thing, Lebron just did what maybe only he can do.

I agree with this. LBJ just did something that shouldn't have been able to be done... and he had plenty of time to spare. He was standing on the ground with 0.3 seconds left.

I don't think we have overpraised him for the shot either. He made a left handed layup in the blink of an eye, after catching the ball from the three point line, and was standing on the ground with the ball still going through the hole, in only 1.9 seconds. The amount of adrenaline pumping through his system the moment he realized he was free would have crushed most men, but the ball went in - seemingly - effortlessly.

"Well, now, you have LeBron James. I have spent the last three years rooting desperately against LeBron James – being a Clevelander and all – and so I can say this with some degree of conviction: I don’t think Jordan or anyone else has played basketball as well as LeBron James plays it now. This comes from the same miserable conviction that leads me to believe that no quarterback was ever scarier in the final two minutes than John Elway, who ruined my childhood with his comebacks against the Cleveland Browns. I believe that it is the people who root AGAINST an athlete who see that athlete more clearly."