• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You didn't finish college, what's he supposed to think?

I remember Jalen Rose talking about taking money once. Like, people become outraged and act like it's a bunch of greedy assholes ruining the integrity of the game, but even if you have a problem with

LBJ > MJ

• 1 month later...
new column by Bill Simmons about the greatness of Lebron James.
I agree with most of what he said. The "super highlight play" thing was more than a little over the top though.I'm curious about the whole "command of the room" argument. I wonder if Simmons has seen Kobe anywhere other than at a Clippers or Celtics game. Because Clippers fans aren't going to go nuts for him since they probably see all the Lakers games on TV and are just used to him and Celtics fans aren't either because they hate him. When Michael Jordan was in his first comeback (maybe earlier too, but I don't remember it as well), if he made his first shot in a road game, there was an "ohh" from the crowd every time. It was like this recognition that, yeah, we're watching someone special right now. I think Kobe gets that same reaction (and Lebron too).

And in the ensuing huddle, Brown wanted to call a double-team on Wade. The coach was overruled."I got D-Wade," James said.Wade's shot bounced off the iron, and it was over.Wade had 30 at halftime, then only two the rest of the way -- and missed two big free throws with 41.2 seconds left, part of a 1 of 6 showing from the line by the Heat in the fourth quarter.

• 2 weeks later...

i know how much has already been said about Lebron but seriously...I watch Kobe go down and Lakers still win. But does anybody really think the Cavs are even as good as the Raptors without Lebron? The entire backcourt is dead in Clevand and they're still just cruising and piling up wins like nothing's changed. King James indeed.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

and now.... for your.. CHICAGO BULLS... at small forward from akron ohio.. Nuuuuumber 6... LEEEEEEEBROOOOON.......... JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEEEESSSS

and now.... for your.. CHICAGO BULLS... at small forward from akron ohio.. Nuuuuumber 6... LEEEEEEEBROOOOON.......... JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEEEESSSS
That's the rumor on the street.

Put LeBron on a real team like San Antonio and they will guaranteed win the championship.... Cleveland is a one-trick pony called "Lebron James"

Put LeBron on a real team like San Antonio and they will guaranteed win the championship.... Cleveland is a one-trick pony called "Lebron James"
Because taking Tim Duncan off the Spurs for the last decade wouldn't have changed a thing for that franchise.
Because taking Tim Duncan off the Spurs for the last decade wouldn't have changed a thing for that franchise.
Only difference is that Duncan has 4 championships by himself and James quit on his team because he couldn't win with them
  • 3 months later...

so i hung with one of my best friends from high school last night who is a really successful orthopedic surgeon in cleveland and has worked at the clinic and with sports teams and used to be a really good high school basketball player and here's what he told me he was told by the Cavs doctor about game 5 in Boston - take it for what you willif you remember JJ Hickson started most of the season and then after the Cavs picked up Jamison he barely played a minute in the Chicago seriesaccording to my friend - During the Boston series Lebron and Mike Brown were at each others throats constantly because Lebron wanted Hickson on the courtfinally at some point Shaq stood up and told Lebron that he should stop disrespecting the coach at which point - Game 5 - Lebron's reaction was F it we'll see who's more important and how well you all do without me