they're not exactly tearing up the league they're barely over 500
Any more comments after last nights game? Way for Lebron to stuff the stat sheet and come away with a loss to a 500 team.Your lucky I don't have time to find pics of Wade tossing Lebrons shot into the 5th row
A surprising switch to zone defense not only stopped Cleveland's offense in its tracks, it sparked a 16-3 run over a 4-minute stretch of the final quarter
Lebron can't play vs zone? Lebron couldn't pull out the 4th quarter win when an opponent changes defenses... say it isn't so.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You didn't finish college, what's he supposed to think?

I remember Jalen Rose talking about taking money once. Like, people become outraged and act like it's a bunch of greedy assholes ruining the integrity of the game, but even if you have a problem with

LBJ > MJ

Any more comments after last nights game? Way for Lebron to stuff the stat sheet and come away with a loss to a 500 team.Your lucky I don't have time to find pics of Wade tossing Lebrons shot into the 5th rowLebron can't play vs zone? Lebron couldn't pull out the 4th quarter win when an opponent changes defenses... say it isn't so.
Any comments on my chart which responded to a point you made on inside scoring?
Any comments on my chart which responded to a point you made on inside scoring?
Only chart I remember seeing what the one posted about a made up stat, which post was it in?
According to 82games.com Inside shots only James Wade % of total shots 40% 35% FG% .731 .621 Ast% 43% 23% Blk % 4% 7% PPG 11.4 9.2% Dunks 57 43 And1 33 31 Foul % 19% 18%Edit: can't get that to format the way I want but you get the idea
This?Is that supposed to impress me somehow? That a guy who has 5 inches on another guy gets inside more? I'm not actually sure what that thing is telling, how about you link it back to the source.

they won at homethey played maybe their worst half of the year in the first half with the rest of the team bricking tons of jumpersLebron led them from 16 down to just one down and they ran out of steamWade hardly shot wellI think it was that Chalmers guy who hit like 100 threes that won the game for themLebron had a few blocks on wadeit's a long seasonhardly can fault Lebron for scoring 38 while his teammates bricked shot after open shotthe cavs have been out of sync lately for the last four games need to make some offensive adjustmentsWade's teammates were hardly inept last night

they won at homethey played maybe their worst half of the year in the first half with the rest of the team bricking tons of jumpersLebron led them from 16 down to just one down and they ran out of steamWade hardly shot wellI think it was that Chalmers guy who hit like 100 threes that won the game for themLebron had a few blocks on wadeit's a long seasonhardly can fault Lebron for scoring 38 while his teammates bricked shot after open shotthe cavs have been out of sync lately for the last four games need to make some offensive adjustmentsWade's teammates were hardly inept last night
Yea, and Wade 12 assists had nothing to do with it, or the 3 steals, or the blocks, or the 21 points... and Lebron had to foul him when he blocked his shot, Wade got his clean.Any more excuses? Or you just gonna go back to the "teammates suck" argument.
Yea, and Wade 12 assists had nothing to do with it, or the 3 steals, or the blocks, or the 21 points... and Lebron had to foul him when he blocked his shot, Wade got his clean.Any more excuses? Or you just gonna go back to the "teammates suck" argument.
No, I think I'll go back to my statistically based efficiency argument..1 LeBron James , CLE 29.742 Chris Paul , NOH 29.463 Dwyane Wade , MIA 27.34 Dwight Howard , ORL 26.415 Carlos Boozer , UTA 26.06 Dirk Nowitzki , DAL 25.477 Chris Bosh , TOR 25.268 Al Jefferson , MIN24.589 Tim Duncan , SAS 24.4810 Amar'e Stoudemire , PHX 24.43 The gap has closed considerably, but Lebron still rules the roost. It makes me happy that the gap has closed, actually, 'cause I took CP3 first overall in my fantasy B-Ball league.
No, I think I'll go back to my statistically based efficiency argument..
You know whats interesting about that. How you use it for this argument, but seeing how Carlos Boozer is 5th on that list how quick he gets dismissed in the "best bigs in the nba" discussion. Your list there supports my argument that Lebron isn't light years ahead of anyone, namely Paul and Wade which I was ridiculed for saying I would take ahead of Lebron if starting a team today. Thanks.
Blocks don't mean shit when you foul the other player.So your telling me a rookie PG is better than Mo Williams... okay.
Oh look, two more completely retarded arguments.
Blocks don't mean shit when you foul the other player.So your telling me a rookie PG is better than Mo Williams... okay.
he didnt get credit for that oneanybody can have a good night - chalmers was on fire - cavs were out of syncBoston has lost 3 of 4 do they suddenly suck?Lebron sucks he only scored 38 on a night where he had little supportGiven the night they had most teams would have laid down - the cavs cut a 16 point lead to 1they lost it happensbut Wade was hardly dominant last night and his supporting cast outplayed the Cavs supporting cast last night
Oh look, two more completely retarded arguments.
So blocks count when you foul and put the other player on the line... do you watch the same sport?And considering how much Keith whines about Lebrons teammates, he should not be telling me how a rookie PG burned the Cavs when defense is their trademark or how he outplayed a veteran all star level guard. Nothing was retarded about either comment, if you followed the thread and listened to the constant flip flopping Keith does it would make sense, but the two lines you have added to this thread have done nothing to further either side of the discussion.
he didnt get credit for that oneanybody can have a good night - chalmers was on fire - cavs were out of syncBoston has lost 3 of 4 do they suddenly suck?Lebron sucks he only scored 38 on a night where he had little supportGiven the night they had most teams would have laid down - the cavs cut a 16 point lead to 1they lost it happensbut Wade was hardly dominant last night and his supporting cast outplayed the Cavs supporting cast last night
Obviously.So when it happens against the Cav's its a good night, but Wade's 21 points, 12 assist, 3 steals mean nothing... they didn't help his team at all. It was one outside shooter... who might have been left open from the Cavs clogging the lane when Wade blew by defenders. How do you think he got those assists exactly?This thread's not about Boston, but let me know when the Cav's go play LA and Portland on the road.38 points in a losing effort doesn't mean shit. Don't sit there and make a post saying wade didn't step up in the 4th quarter agaisnt the Cav's on Sunday, then when he does and Lebron doesn't you can't handle it. Wanna take your ball and go home yet?Every team in the NBA makes a run, the Cav's didn't do anything special last night, and if you look at the box score they were down 3 of the 4 quarters.I'm still confused at how 21 points, 12 assists, 3 steals, 5 reb game isn't helping his team win. He lead his team in everything but rebounding, and it was an off night for Wade shooting. He still made things happen and got his guys open, fed them the ball, and got the win. But I'm sure whatever 2 guard the Cavs are trotting out can do that in his sleep right? So Wade had a bad game and won*, Lebron had a great game and lost... the question is whats more important, and I bet today you say it's lebrons 38 points, but if he scored 21 and had 12 assists with a win while Wade dropped 38, you would be telling me what a great team player he is.You are a hypocrite, I'm just making that clear.*I'm not saying Wade had a bad game, I'm just mocking you because apparently anyone not named Lebron is incapable of having a good game, least of tall the guy leading the league in scoring and who is second in steals.
So blocks count when you foul and put the other player on the line... do you watch the same sport?And considering how much Keith whines about Lebrons teammates, he should not be telling me how a rookie PG burned the Cavs when defense is their trademark or how he outplayed a veteran all star level guard. Nothing was retarded about either comment, if you followed the thread and listened to the constant flip flopping Keith does it would make sense, but the two lines you have added to this thread have done nothing to further either side of the discussion.Obviously.So when it happens against the Cav's its a good night, but Wade's 21 points, 12 assist, 3 steals mean nothing... they didn't help his team at all. It was one outside shooter... who might have been left open from the Cavs clogging the lane when Wade blew by defenders. How do you think he got those assists exactly?This thread's not about Boston, but let me know when the Cav's go play LA and Portland on the road.38 points in a losing effort doesn't mean shit. Don't sit there and make a post saying wade didn't step up in the 4th quarter agaisnt the Cav's on Sunday, then when he does and Lebron doesn't you can't handle it. Wanna take your ball and go home yet?Every team in the NBA makes a run, the Cav's didn't do anything special last night, and if you look at the box score they were down 3 of the 4 quarters.I'm still confused at how 21 points, 12 assists, 3 steals, 5 reb game isn't helping his team win. He lead his team in everything but rebounding, and it was an off night for Wade shooting. He still made things happen and got his guys open, fed them the ball, and got the win. But I'm sure whatever 2 guard the Cavs are trotting out can do that in his sleep right? So Wade had a bad game and won*, Lebron had a great game and lost... the question is whats more important, and I bet today you say it's lebrons 38 points, but if he scored 21 and had 12 assists with a win while Wade dropped 38, you would be telling me what a great team player he is.You are a hypocrite, I'm just making that clear.*I'm not saying Wade had a bad game, I'm just mocking you because apparently anyone not named Lebron is incapable of having a good game, least of tall the guy leading the league in scoring and who is second in steals.
you're being inane - he leads lebron in scoring by a point and in steals by a fractionWade is a great player - but to say that he schooled Lebron last night is insanethey both played wellmiami's other guys outplayed the Cavsif Mo Williams hit 6 threes instead of chalmers does that make Lebron better than Wade - noSo Chalmers doing it instead doesn't say the oppositeYou make one foul sound like a reason to execute Lebron - how inane is thatBesides fouling Wade once what exactly did Lebron do last night that made him look bad - he scored 38 points he had two blocks and played great DWades great - you're bias against Lebron is silly
You know whats interesting about that. How you use it for this argument, but seeing how Carlos Boozer is 5th on that list how quick he gets dismissed in the "best bigs in the nba" discussion. Your list there supports my argument that Lebron isn't light years ahead of anyone, namely Paul and Wade which I was ridiculed for saying I would take ahead of Lebron if starting a team today. Thanks.
1) I've never ridiculed you about taking Wade or Paul. Particularly Paul. I've ridiculed you for taking the likes of Pierce and Mello, but not Wade or Paul. In fact, I myself took Paul over Lebron in a fantasy league. Between CP3 and Lebron, I think the decision on who you would take would be based on what kind of team you had more than anything else. I think with Wade's injury history, you'd be foolish to take him over Lebron in starting a franchise. But right now, this season, he's the best 2 in the league ( yeah, you heard me suited) 2) I haven't participated in the NBA bigs thread in many a moon, but I certainly wouldn't dismiss Boozer as one of the best bigs in the league. People probably don't give him the credit he deserves because of where he plays. 3) Lebron isn't light years ahead of CP3, that's true. But 2.5 points, which is the gap between him and wade, is highly significant. Look at how bunched the other players are... Only 2 points separate 4th and 10th on that list. Wade is significantly better than the pack, but Lebron and CP3 are significantly better than Wade
you're being inane - he leads lebron in scoring by a point and in steals by a fraction
And blocks by .5, from a 2 guard who is 5 inches shorter. And assists... blah blah blah...
Wade is a great player - but to say that he schooled Lebron last night is insane
Please tell me where I said "Wade schooled Lebron" anywhere in this thread. I said its funny how quick you were to rip Wade when his team lost, but how quick you make excuses for Lebron when his team loses. The Cavs are a better team than the Heat period, there should be no excuses. Lebron has better defenders and role players around him than Wade, end of story.
they both played wellmiami's other guys outplayed the Cavs
Whoa there, are you backing off the Wade played like crap and Chalers is the one man savior bandwagon that you inhabit by yourself?
if Mo Williams hit 6 threes instead of chalmers does that make Lebron better than Wade - noSo Chalmers doing it instead doesn't say the opposite
See now you are making up arguments. I bring up Wade for MVP which I can make a perfectly legitimate case for, your response was Wade chocked in the 4th quarter against the Cavs on Sunday. When I point out that he didn't choke Tuesday, you side track the conversation into 20 other places like Chalmers suddenly being a 3 point shooting god and him carrying the team even though Wade lead the team in 4 of 5 major statistical categories. I never said because Chalmers hit shots Wade was better than Lebron. I said Wade's 12 assist point out how he penetrated the Cav's defense and found open players. If Lebron does this, he is a basketball god, if anyone else does it you downplay it. I'm actually in shock at your backtrack saying Wade played well.
You make one foul sound like a reason to execute Lebron - how inane is that
No, I'm just pointing out Wade didn't need to foul to put Lebrons shot back in his face.
Besides fouling Wade once what exactly did Lebron do last night that made him look bad - he scored 38 points he had two blocks and played great DWades great - you're bias against Lebron is silly
When you brag about your guy beating another guys team, and he turns around and loses the next game to the same team. You are the guy who can dish it but can't take it, which is why I find this thread highly amusing. I particularly love the "most teams down by 16 give up" statement. Lebrons great, your bias against everyone else is flat out ridiculous.
1) I've never ridiculed you about taking Wade or Paul. Particularly Paul. I've ridiculed you for taking the likes of Pierce and Mello, but not Wade or Paul. In fact, I myself took Paul over Lebron in a fantasy league. Between CP3 and Lebron, I think the decision on who you would take would be based on what kind of team you had more than anything else. I think with Wade's injury history, you'd be foolish to take him over Lebron in starting a franchise. But right now, this season, he's the best 2 in the league ( yeah, you heard me suited)
Whoa there, I never said I would take Melo over Lebron. I think Melo is highly overrated. You can make a case for taking Piece right now as a better fit on various teams. If I was starting a team today Pierce would not be in the discussion at all because of his age. I agree Wade's injury history would be a factor, but it really is the only downside to choosing between the two.
2) I haven't participated in the NBA bigs thread in many a moon, but I certainly wouldn't dismiss Boozer as one of the best bigs in the league. People probably don't give him the credit he deserves because of where he plays.
Neither have I, and I agree.
3) Lebron isn't light years ahead of CP3, that's true. But 2.5 points, which is the gap between him and wade, is highly significant. Look at how bunched the other players are... Only 2 points separate 4th and 10th on that list. Wade is significantly better than the pack, but Lebron and CP3 are significantly better than Wade
And then there are things that stats cant measure, and when I've watched Wade since he played at Marquette he has something that I don't think Lebron does that more than makes up for it. Call it heart, basketball IQ, will, determination or whatever you want. Wade has it in spades.Completely sidetracking this... anyone who does the Karl Malone dunk looks extremely fucking gay and I say that in all seriousness. No one can make that retarded dunk look good.
Whoa there, I never said I would take Melo over Lebron. I think Melo is highly overrated.
I can promise you I can find you a quote in this thread where you do just that. BUt it was last year, and you backed down after ridicule.
And then there are things that stats cant measure, and when I've watched Wade since he played at Marquette he has something that I don't think Lebron does that more than makes up for it. Call it heart, basketball IQ, will, determination or whatever you want. Wade has it in spades.
yes, of course. But I don't really like talking about those, because they are extremely hard to quantify. Wade has come up big, in the clutch, and so has Lebron. I don't think Lebron lacks in either heart of B-Ball IQ. If Lebron starts having a Malone-esque history of coming up short in the playoffs, that will be one thing. But Lebron, as a very young player who was completely carrying his team, has come up very big in the playoffs. The reason I like stats, is that they aren't prejudiced or biased, they aren't effected by feelings or gut. They may be sometimes misleading ( like, say, if a player is in D'antoni's offense, their core statistics are going to be inflated because of the increase of total shots in the game), but they are emotionless, and I prefer using stats analysis a player's worth over almost anything

I was just teasing about the other nightBut Wade was hardly dominant in that game last nighthe had more assists than Lebron because the guys he passed the ball to hit their shots and the guys lebron passed to didn'tWade is great - no one with a brain thinks hes better than Lebron well except pat riley maybe

I can promise you I can find you a quote in this thread where you do just that. BUt it was last year, and you backed down after ridicule.
If I did (and I don't think I did) it was completely a trolling post. He does 1 or two things better than Lebron, but Lebron outclasses him in 90% of everything. I really can't stand Melo, I just want to bang his wife.
Wade is great - no one with a brain thinks hes better than Lebron well except pat riley maybe
I do, and so do a lot of other people. Not everyone is on the Lebron bandwagon, I don't think you would be if he played for LA, or Utah, or Portland, or anywhere but Cleveland.
I don't think Lebron lacks in either heart of B-Ball IQ.
I question his basketball IQ more than his heart for reasons I've stated in this thread. Namely he looks lost without the ball in the half court and he doesn't take full advantage of his physical dominance of other 3's in the league. His lack of a post up game, or maybe just his unwillingness to take smaller defenders into the post and abuse them baffles me. Then teams can do things to him like the Heat did the other night and change up defenses to confuse him. Sure there are some reasons for it, but a player with a higher basketball IQ would adapt much faster than he has.He has some heart, it's been on display a few times. When it comes to things that are intangible however, I think Wade has an advantage.

it's the opposite i read the other day about how the reason so many of Lebron's passes are crosscourt is that he's so dominant teams totally stack his side of the floor to stop him and make the rest beat themi agree he should post more - it's coming tho

it's the opposite i read the other day about how the reason so many of Lebron's passes are crosscourt is that he's so dominant teams totally stack his side of the floor to stop him and make the rest beat themi agree he should post more - it's coming tho
That's pretty standard for most teams to do that against the oppositions best player. Lebron gets the ball at the top of the key a lot though because he has more room to work to either side and it keeps defenses from shifting like that.