• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You didn't finish college, what's he supposed to think?

I remember Jalen Rose talking about taking money once. Like, people become outraged and act like it's a bunch of greedy assholes ruining the integrity of the game, but even if you have a problem with

LBJ > MJ

This year, I would have to say LeBron is the better player. But overall, it's still Kobe until LeBron proves best.
that doesnt make sense.and ask yourself who took over the gold medal game? who had the ball when team USA had to score? thats what i thought.
that doesnt make sense.and ask yourself who took over the gold medal game? who had the ball when team USA had to score? thats what i thought.
...and who shut down Lebron and hit the game winner in the Blue-Red game?
Joke posts? Sample sizes of one game, and, Jesus Christ, ONE SHOT FROM ONE GAME?This is getting so silly it's beyond words
He doesnt have the post game or jump shot to move Kobe off the throne.
Wrong. and by "wrong" i don't mean that he has a jump shot or a post game, but rather that his game, as it is now, is more unstoppable than kobe's. It's like saying "Well, until shaq learns how to shoot free throws he's not as good as David Robinson."But then again, you laker fans think Kobe's better than Jordan, so I know I'm just pounding my head into the wall with this. I would take Lebron over Kobe, right now, on my team, is what I'm saying, and I would have taken him last year when Kobe stole his MVP.
Oh my god, how many times do you have to be told that no one here has said that.
just once would be nice. and by " no one" I assume you don't mean suited, because i'm pretty sure he's said it ( as opposed to your beating around the bush and implying it). Though it's hard to tell what he actually thinks and means some times.
Oh my god, how many times do you have to be told that no one here has said that.
Nice, ignore all the other points made and focus on the least important and petty point made.
Nice, ignore all the other points made and focus on the least important and petty point made.
The points weren't worth responding to.If you're talking about your post about about the "one game", what else do we have to go on? Those were the two instances of the highest competition where the two were on the same court, and both were pretty convincing. Now if they meet in the Finals this year, we'll get our answer.
just once would be nice. and by " no one" I assume you don't mean suited, because i'm pretty sure he's said it ( as opposed to your beating around the bush and implying it). Though it's hard to tell what he actually thinks and means some times.
You have a very selective memory. I always know what SA means, we have a connection.
The points weren't worth responding to.If you're talking about your post about about the "one game", what else do we have to go on? Those were the two instances of the highest competition where the two were on the same court, and both were pretty convincing. Now if they meet in the Finals this year, we'll get our answer.
This just gets better and better.You are clearly clueless as to what consitutes a sample size and what doesn't, which makes it very challenging to have a logical discussion with you about most issues. I mean, seriously? If they meet in the finals we'll get our answer? If you really think like this there is no point is further responding to your posts.When you watch baseball you think someone that is 4 for 5 against a certain pitcher "has his number", don't you?
So, by this standard, you then admit Paul Pierce is better than Kobe? I wasn't expecting that.
This just gets better and better.You are clearly clueless as to what consitutes a sample size and what doesn't, which makes it very challenging to have a logical discussion with you about most issues. I mean, seriously? If they meet in the finals we'll get our answer? If you really think like this there is no point is further responding to your posts.When you watch baseball you think someone that is 4 for 5 against a certain pitcher "has his number", don't you?
It's so weird when we're on the same side about something.
Well, how can you be so sure that Lebron is better than Kobe? We don't have enough of a sample size right?
I would go into that, but we would just disagree, so there's no point.
Well, see, I wasn't really arguing that Paul Pierce is better than Kobe, I'm just using that as, you know, an example of how taking small sample size is a stupid way of judging the relative merits of players. Here's how I like to judge...Kobe 2008-9PPG 24.7RPG 4.90APG 3.9Efficiency 21.92Lebron 2008-9PPG 29.1RPG 7.8APG 7.0Efficiency 30.31And, just so we don't use a 12 game sample size... 2007-8KobePPG 26.6RPG 6.3APG 5.4EFF 26.6LebronPPG 30.0RPG 7.9APG 7.2EFF 30.3 ( 2 points higher than 2nd place Amare, which is a huge gap) I know you're not a stats guy, but Lebron is a significantly better statistical offensive player than Kobe. Kobe is a better defender, but that gap is closing. If you use the "eyeball test" I think Lebron passes that too, as he appears to be the most physically unstoppable offensive player I've seen ( except maybe Shaq in his prime, and centers/small forwards are apples and oranges). Jordan was more "unstoppable" offensively, but it was a combination of freakish physical talent and finesse. Lebron's physical talent is more freakish than anyone I've ever watched play. I think pro-Kobe folks will argue Kobe, because what he does takes more skill. He's a more skillful player, at this point in his career, than Lebron. But, it doesn't matter if Kobe looks prettier doing less. If Lebron is more efficient, it doesn't matter how he gets it done, it just matters that he gets it done.
Well, see, I wasn't really arguing that Paul Pierce is better than Kobe, I'm just using that as, you know, an example of how taking small sample size is a stupid way of judging the relative merits of players. Here's how I like to judge...Kobe 2008-9PPG 24.7RPG 4.90APG 3.9Efficiency 21.92Lebron 2008-9PPG 29.1RPG 7.8APG 7.0Efficiency 30.31And, just so we don't use a 12 game sample size... 2007-8KobePPG 26.6RPG 6.3APG 5.4EFF 26.6LebronPPG 30.0RPG 7.9APG 7.2EFF 30.3 ( 2 points higher than 2nd place Amare, which is a huge gap) I know you're not a stats guy, but Lebron is a significantly better statistical offensive player than Kobe. Kobe is a better defender, but that gap is closing. If you use the "eyeball test" I think Lebron passes that too, as he appears to be the most physically unstoppable offensive player I've seen ( except maybe Shaq in his prime, and centers/small forwards are apples and oranges). Jordan was more "unstoppable" offensively, but it was a combination of freakish physical talent and finesse. Lebron's physical talent is more freakish than anyone I've ever watched play. I think pro-Kobe folks will argue Kobe, because what he does takes more skill. He's a more skillful player, at this point in his career, than Lebron. But, it doesn't matter if Kobe looks prettier doing less. If Lebron is more efficient, it doesn't matter how he gets it done, it just matters that he gets it done.
Yeah, I'm not a stats guy. I don't even really respond to stats as they just kind of measure how you do against inferior competition in the regular season. Although, I didn't look it up, but I'm pretty sure Kobe avg over 28 last year. And this year he's only playing 33 mins/gm.Alright, here's the thing (as Carolla would say). I would definitely agree with the bold. He's unstoppable, especially in the regular season when teams are more occupied with how their playing and less on how to gameplan for the opposition, as well as against weaker defensive teams. The difference between Kobe and Lebron is Kobe has no weaknesses. There is nothing you can do to stop him from scoring when he wants to, unless you completely take the ball out of his hands exactly how Boston did in the Finals. With Lebron, he has a weakness and that's shooting the ball consistently. You cut down the driving lanes and ask him to beat you from the outside, that's why he'll have one of those explosions in a playoff game, because they're asking him to do it. That's why I said earlier that if Lebron ever can get an adequate enough team and one other guy who can score on his own combined with him consistently hitting the outside shot, the league will be over. Shut it down, give him is 5, 6, 8 rings, put him in the Hall as the best ever and tell him to go to the NFL.Defensively, the gap is definitely closing, and might be real close now. I'm scared of Lebron and what he might become, especially defensively, because of how he is physically, it's just a mindset with him and he seems to be getting it.Edit: Or a post game with a mid-range jumper, if he gets that, it's over.Edit Edit: Who's the girl in the sig? Kinda reminds me of Lebron, just needs tits and it'd be over.
Yeah, I'm not a stats guy. I don't even really respond to stats as they just kind of measure how you do against inferior competition in the regular season. Although, I didn't look it up, but I'm pretty sure Kobe avg over 28 last year. And this year he's only playing 33 mins/gm.Alright, here's the thing (as Carolla would say). I would definitely agree with the bold. He's unstoppable, especially in the regular season when teams are more occupied with how their playing and less on how to gameplan for the opposition, as well as against weaker defensive teams. The difference between Kobe and Lebron is Kobe has no weaknesses.
you're right, itwas 28, I can't wait for my new monitor so I don't have to squint. Still, 2 ppg is signigicant. The stat I think is most important there is the efficiency, which I think is the best statistic that measures a player's value. Here's how it's figured..((Points + Rebounds + Assists + Steals + Blocks) - ((Field Goals Att. - Field Goals Made) + (Free Throws Att. - Free Throws Made) + Turnovers)).It's an "all in one" stat, that takes into account all of the significant statistical catagories. To here's the NBA efficiency leaders from last season..1 LeBron James , CLE 30.332 Amare Stoudemire , PHX 28.443 Chris Paul , NOH 27.894 Dwight Howard , ORL 26.765 Kobe Bryant , LAL 26.66 Ming Yao , HOU 25.537 Dirk Nowitzki , DAL 25.38 Carlos Boozer , UTA 25.09 Kevin Garnett , BOS 24.8 10 Tim Duncan , SAS24.6 It's a one stop stat, that at a glance can tell you the relative importance of a player, the "MVP" stat, IMO. Here's last season post season top ten. You can also see that Lebron's 2 point edge over Amare is huge, compared to all the other gaps. 1 Dirk Nowitzki , DAL 30.82 Chris Paul , NOH 30.333 Dwight Howard , ORL 27.64 Kobe Bryant , LAL 26.865 LeBron James , CLE 26.626 Tim Duncan , SAS 26.247 Kevin Garnett , BOS 25.278 Chris Bosh , TOR 25.29 Tracy McGrady , HOU 24.09 Deron Williams , UTA 24.0 Keep in mind Dirk only played 5 games. CP3 had a monster post season, and Kobe and Lebron had virtually the same score, with Lebron on a vastly inferior team, and having a few real stinker shooting nights. It's an interesting argument, but I think if you get Lebron's regular season performance that's superior ( and MVP worthy) and then a basically identical post season performance, I'd personally give the edge to Lebron. Right now. When you take into consideration what his ceiling is, or how he'd do with someone like Wade? It gives you chills.
Edit: Or a post game with a mid-range jumper, if he gets that, it's over.
If he develops those, his ceiling is higher than everyone who's ever played.
Edit Edit: Who's the girl in the sig? Kinda reminds me of Lebron, just needs tits and it'd be over.
A lady friend of IQCrashes. She's already had some work done, and I believe a boob job is probably in the cards sometime soon.Here's a before pic.l819ebeceed15ba97b3dc9clb1.jpg
Man, it's going to take a long, long time for that reaction to get old.
Kinger IM'd me the pic and I was on the verge of asking him if he'd finally gotten the sex change he'd always wished for. Then my good sense decided against it in case it was somebody he knew. I wish I trusted my gut :club: