Official Buffalo Sabres Thread

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 29m

LaFontaine IMO is perfectly qualified for the job. Was a minor midget coach from 08-12 for the Long Island Royals of the AYHL. He's ready.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know why giving someone the benefit of the doubt would be so hard.   Like, at any point in life. Maybe I'm a push over, but I'm more than happy to give most people the benefit of the doubt in

Ted Nolan's dream job? Coaching the Sabres without a GM.

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 1m Mikhail Grigorenko has informed the #Sabres that he will be reporting to the Quebec Remparts.

Regier and Rolston gone too.

This now makes sense..

IMO, Regier has to pay the price for the moves..If you are rebuilding, start fresh..Bring in new people and start the process.

Speculation is Rick Dudley would be a great candidate..

I dont really get the new President of Hockey Operations role..Its the same role as Brian Burke has..

Does the GM have control or no? Can he make a huge trade without consulting and getting the ok from LA LA LA LA LAFONTAINE, probably not..

I dont know if its an ideal job for a GM to have someone on top of you that is your boss, other than the obvious owners, who dont really know the hockey, but still have a say ..

Why not make Pat Lafontaine GM and President of Hockey Operations..Then he can work with the assistants on day to day operations of the club..

Waiting for Adam to chime in, and I love to hear his two cents, as his knowledge is well respected..

Maybe he has been busy interviewing for the job.

I loved Lafontaine as a player, and he struck me as an intelligent/good guy, but I either really dont understand the position or how he is qualified for it.

My hope, if I were a Sabre fan, would be that Lafontaine hires a qualified, experienced GM and stays out of his way for the most part.

It was time for the moves, and I'm fine with what's been done. LaFontaine and Nolan are good hockey minds and they care about the team and the town.

I still think Regier was taking the team in a positive direction and making good moves, but it's very clear from listening to the press conference that Terry Pegula and Ted Black wanted to get PL on board and inserting him over Darcy would have been a major slap in the face. Seeing as its abundantly clear that Ron Rolston not only isnt the guy but that he's actively harming the team by being there, a housecleaning was appropriate and I'm sure Darcy isn't heartbroken over it.

For the new GM, since I haven't been able to get PL to return my calls today, I'm endorsing Mike Johnston from the Portland Winterhawks. Smart, young guy who knows how to resurrect a team from the ashes and build a consistent winner with young talent. He's exactly what we need.

Head coach...I'm not opposed to seeing Ted Nolan keep the job longer than interim status, if that's what the new GM wants. I've been assuming for a while now that Randy Cunneyworth will finally get his crack at the Sabres, but who really knows until a GM is in place.

Good luck to Darcy Regier, and honestly good riddance to Ron Rolston, right around the time your superstar recent acquisition (Moulson) goes on record as saying your coaching decision left him more embarrassed than he's ever been in his career, your days are sorely numbered.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Wife wants to go to Buffalo for shopping next week. Damn lady, we got back from shopping last week.

You should take her..keep the wife happy

Was going to hit buffalo for the weekend. Actually booked a hotel but took the non refundable rate. Saw the storm and thought hey maybe I should not go. Called the hotel and they refunded my money

Was going to hit buffalo for the weekend. Actually booked a hotel but took the non refundable rate. Saw the storm and thought hey maybe I should not go. Called the hotel and they refunded my money

Nice, I guess Buffalo hotels are used to people not being able to make it because of snow