Tuukka Rask 1 Toronto 0

There is NO way Rask gets 300 wins...NO WAY..No way Sorry Ray,Please come back another day.Boston won the cup now its doneYou had your day in the sun.
I doubt he gets 300. He'll most likely get more than that.
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys know that only 25 goalies have 300+ wins in their careers?I know it's inflated now by the shootout, but that would be some pretty good company for Rask, especially since he probably won't be a full on starter until he's 26 years old; he'll be 25 in March.)

Do you guys know that only 25 goalies have 300+ wins in their careers?I know it's inflated now by the shootout, but that would be some pretty good company for Rask, especially since he probably won't be a full on starter until he's 26 years old; he'll be 25 in March.)
That's huge!

Ok, did a little quick research.There were 289 shootouts last season, meaning 289 extra wins awarded that would not have been in the past. Assuming everything is equal, each goalie would win half of those games. So it works out to a bit fewer than 5 wins per season for a starting goalie. I'd estimate 4.5 for guys who play about 65 of their teams 80 games (seem about right for the average starter?)So, sure, that's 45 extra wins over a 10 year career, about 68 over a 15 year career.Definitely does make a pretty big difference. A lot bigger than I had originally guessed.

Rask was born March 10, 1987 so he's 24 years old.He currently has 40 NHL wins in 88 games played.Rask was drafted in the same draft as Carey Price.Price, also 24 years old, currently has 108 wins in 231 games played.I think they'll both get 300+ wins in their career.

You guys are making one HUGE assumption..Rask is going to step in and be a number one goalie for 10 years to come..Who says?Small sample size..He hasnt even had a year where he has been the clear cut number one goalie..Actually not even close..He had a year where he started 39 games...I guess James Reimer is a shoo in for 400 wins then.

You guys are making one HUGE assumption..Rask is going to step in and be a number one goalie for 10 years to come..Who says?Small sample size..He hasnt even had a year where he has been the clear cut number one goalie..Actually not even close..He had a year where he started 39 games...I guess James Reimer is a shoo in for 400 wins then.
Some guy named Peter Chiarelli says.http://www.telegram.com/article/20111118/N...mplate=printart"Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli is on record as saying that Rask is Boston's goaltender of the future after the retirement of the 37-year-old Thomas, which is probably still at least two years away. Bob McKenzie of TSN.ca reported this week that Chiarelli told him that there is a 'succession plan' in place for Rask to succeed Thomas, which is hardly a news flash, and that the 24-year-old backup wasn't available in a trade."
Some guy named Peter Chiarelli says.http://www.telegram.com/article/20111118/N...mplate=printart"Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli is on record as saying that Rask is Boston's goaltender of the future after the retirement of the 37-year-old Thomas, which is probably still at least two years away. Bob McKenzie of TSN.ca reported this week that Chiarelli told him that there is a 'succession plan' in place for Rask to succeed Thomas, which is hardly a news flash, and that the 24-year-old backup wasn't available in a trade."
A lot of goalies cant make that next step..Playing back up role 20-40 games is a lot different than 60 plus games..Backups are usually put in favourable starts..Against weaker teams, teams on back to back etc..
In 09-10 he came in and basically stole the starting job away from the defending Vezina trophy winner... Sure he didn't get 60 starts, because they wanted to keep Thomas going as well. It's a pretty sick feat to force yourself into half the starts that season when your partner is the friggen Vezina winner.Plus, he passes the eyeball test. He's a good goalie, you can see that, he's just buried behind one of the best ones in the league.Reimer passes that eyeball test too, IMO.And Schneider in Vancouver is in the same boat as Rask, really. Bernier in LA, to maybe a bit of a lesser extent.Doesn't guaranteed anything, because that's the future, and this is gambling...
  • 4 weeks later...