Bad News From My Doctor

Nothing serious, but my foot had been bothering me for a couple days. Finally it had swollen up and hurt so bad I couldn't walk on it. It felt like needles were piercing my foot with every step. So my sister takes me to the doctor and he tells me I have gout. He said it was very uncommon for someone my age to have this (I'm 29 btw). Anyone here ever had this? It hurt like a mutha, but the meds have reduced the swelling and pain.

Nothing serious, but my foot had been bothering me for a couple days. Finally it had swollen up and hurt so bad I couldn't walk on it. It felt like needles were piercing my foot with every step. So my sister takes me to the doctor and he tells me I have gout. He said it was very uncommon for someone my age to have this (I'm 29 btw). Anyone here ever had this? It hurt like a mutha, but the meds have reduced the swelling and pain.
I doubt many hear have had this because as the doc says, it is strange at that age. My grandfather had it when he was 75. I will call him and ask him how it was.
I doubt many hear have had this because as the doc says, it is strange at that age. My grandfather had it when he was 75. I will call him and ask him how it was.
That's what kind of scares me. The doctor said it can be in the family, and a couple of my mom's brothers had it, but much later in life. My dad is not my biological father, so I have no history on that side.Oh and thx for calling your grandpops, lol
It is hereditary but is easily treated with meds and diet. Unfortunately obstaining from alcohol is usually recommended. A google gout search will give you tons of info but being young it shouldn't be an issue.
That is never gonna happen. I'll have em cut it off before I quit drinking.
It is hereditary but is easily treated with meds and diet. Unfortunately obstaining from alcohol is usually recommended. A google gout search will give you tons of info but being young it shouldn't be an issue.
because he has lots of time to read it all?
I have a friend that had Gout. Well, I should say had a friend. I couldn't hang out with him once I found out he had Gout.
So now I have a declined social standing? Damn this swollen foot!
That is never gonna happen. I'll have em cut it off before I quit drinking.
Well, since I live in Miamisburg we might just have to have a gout drinking night somewhere local.
because he has lots of time to read it all?
GODDAMMIT!
The Dangling Modifiers strike again!
Okay, newbie or joke account? Not bad effort for either and you obviously know English. Now if you could get some godddam humor!
I had a bout of gout a couple of years ago, the most excruciating pain in the main joint on my big right toe. I've dislocated, broken and sprained nearly everything in my body, but pain-wise, gout was right up there with kidney stones.Luckily, it's never come back after that one time.
I had a bout of gout a couple of years ago, the most excruciating pain in the main joint on my big right toe. I've dislocated, broken and sprained nearly everything in my body, but pain-wise, gout was right up there with kidney stones.Luckily, it's never come back after that one time.
QFT. I snapped my ankle in a basketball game years ago, and this was BY FAR more painful. It was from my big toe all the way down to the arch on my foot. Swelled up like I've never seen, but most of all was the pain.
Well, since I live in Miamisburg we might just have to have a gout drinking night somewhere local.
Really? I'm in Beavercreek. Maybe we should hit up Cheeks some night :club:
QFT. I snapped my ankle in a basketball game years ago, and this was BY FAR more painful. It was from my big toe all the way down to the arch on my foot. Swelled up like I've never seen, but most of all was the pain.
i couldn't get a shoe on and drove to work with one foot...quite a feat in a manual transmission, i might add. wore a slipper for a couple days. The pill they gave me cleared it up...little yellow one.
i couldn't get a shoe on and drove to work with one foot...quite a feat in a manual transmission, i might add. wore a slipper for a couple days. The pill they gave me cleared it up...little yellow one.
Yeah he prescribed Prednisone and Indomethacin. Its a whole lot better than the other day. Couldn't even sleep a couple nights ago it hurt so bad.

i sorryI know whats its like to deal with a nasty disease. Most things are uncertian, and that can upset you. If you ever wanna chat about it..let me know...im chrozzo on AIM or PM me for my emailCHristian

i sorryI know whats its like to deal with a nasty disease. Most things are uncertian, and that can upset you. If you ever wanna chat about it..let me know...im chrozzo on AIM or PM me for my emailCHristian
Thanks buddy

sucks bro, my moms husband had Gout and it would act up every now and then, he had a cane to walk around otherwise he really couldn't get out of bed. Don't know exactly how it works though, but I think red meat and Alcohol don't help. hope it doesn't get too bad, GL..