Ok, I have a situation here that I want your opinions on. 1-2NL live. All players play together almost every week. Most hands are live straddled UTG for $4, as this hand was. Hero (~$330) MP - I hardly ever raise with junk, and I think I play pretty solid. I have some of the worst luck against villian though because the donkey will call anyone on draws regardless of odds. Usually will go all-in on a flush draw. He either loses $1000 or wins $1000. Villain (~$500) LPI have pocket 6's and raise to $14 (straddle was $4). One caller before villian, villian calls, SB folds, BB calls, straddler calls.Flop is 476 rainbow, I flopped a set and the board isn't very scary except to maybe pocket 7's and the potential for a straight. I check hoping for the c/r and the person before the villian bets $20 (small bet, I put her on A7 suited probably) then the villain raises to $105 ($80 raise). Everyone folds back to me. The villain is known to play all sorts of pots, especially when I am in because the donkey has a thing for busting my nuts, I don't know why. Maybe it is because I call him a f**king donkey that has no clue how to play the game correctly and that is why he loses a grand a night, 3 nights a week then has a lucky night where he gets some of it back. I also have asked him to step outside a few times when he gets under my skin with some of his comments, so we don't really get along too well. What do you do?

Shove, slowroll your sixes when he shows 44, then have the girly fight you know you want.Side question, why do you keep correcting this guy that he's playing badly? If he was in my home game I'd keep him around, let him have a glass of whisky and eventually tell him that the new 52" TV in my living room was paid for with his money and I'm looking to get surround sound so lets play every day, HU.

I did shove, then he instacalls with 58o and I didn't hit any of my outs. As for the "girly fight" - whatever!This guy is a phucknut that seems to always outdraw me. I don't "correct" him so much as him and I just have a history. We used to argue all the time, that is his style. Over the past couple of months I have changed my tactic to being super nice to him and extremely polite. He hates it, but I love it. I know he will never change the way he plays so it isn't that big of a deal. I want him calling me with 58o all the time, I don't have a problem with him calling me, I have a problem with his attitude when he hits his miracle flop, or outdraws me. When this happened, I took a walk outside then rebought and ended up only a small loser for the session ($50 or so). This just happened to be the one night where he walked out up $1200 but then 2 nights later he walked out a $800 loser. He went something like 5 weeks losing an average of about $1000 3 times a week. Like I said, I want him calling me with his junk, what I don't like is that it seems like 90% of the time he outdraws me. I will continue to "play nice" and get my money in with the best of it most of the time.

I don't have a problem with him calling me, I have a problem when he hits his miracle flop, or outdraws me. Then you are looking for the bad beat forum, I believe it is located down the street.Sounds like you dealt with his attitude the right way, there's no place for violence at a poker game, it ain't the old West anymore.The "girly fight" comment was just a chop-buster, this is a strategy forum, I doubt anyone is interested in who can kick who's ass, unless you're screening it and we can bet on it!

I don't mind you busting my chops, no biggie. I don't care about the bad beat aspect of it, I know that happens especially with people like this guy. I was just wondering how you all would deal with this kind of a player. This guy just seems to want to bust my nuts and since I started being Mr. Rogers I have had a lot better results, not just against him but overall. It took me awhile to figure out what his buttons were, but he really hates it when I sincerely say, "Nice hand, Mr. Larry" or when I win a big pot from him I make sure and say, "Thank you very much, Sir. I appreciate your donation." That usually sets him into a little tirade and then he goes on tilt. HEEHEE!

It may sound patronizing, but he does the same thing to me, now it is just needling and it doesn't go much farther than that. If I was to limp with the 6's then there is no doubt more people will enter the pot and I would have really no idea where I am. I like to raise PF with small - middle pair or limp depending on the mood. I wouldn't say that I do the same every time, I limp with 8's or 9's, raise to 24 or whatever my mood is at the time. By raising to 14 I control how much I lose. Most of the time people make it 24 or so when the straddle is on. If I get re-raised then I am at the point where I need to make a decision, but other people are defining their hand by RR me.

What happened to the "I don't want to fight, I just want to play cards and smoke a Peace Pipe" guy?

Ok, this is insane. I am not a poker pro, I am a guy that lives in a van down by the river with my wife, 2.5 kids, a dog and 2 cats. I am not entitled to an opinion on that lawsuit, other than it MIGHT impact my ability to play online poker, but then I MIGHT be hit by a meteor when I sleep, so WTF. I leave the arguing to the people that it affects the most, Daniel and the real pros whose likeness might be infringed upon. After all, no matter how this insane suit rolls out, I will still be playing in my weekly poker game hosted by Bob the builder. I say we all should go back to the good old days, sit in a circle enjoy a peace pipe together and hash out the details of the issues. Of course we will have to go to Canada to do that! GO CANADA! There are so many things I love about being an American, but the scales of Lady Justice are balanced by the idiotic things about this country, like frivilous lawsuits, archaic laws, a retarded President, and so on. Screw all that stress worrying about that crap. I am going to meet Bob now and play some cards. Peace!
What happened to the "I don't want to fight, I just want to play cards and smoke a Peace Pipe" guy?
HAHA! I am still here, this guy just got under my skin a little. He knows some of my family and knows that I don't care for them too much, I haven't talked to my parents in 10 years and I only talk to a couple of my brothers and my sister. (I am the youngest of 8 kids, 7 boys and one girl, one brother committed suicide 18 years ago). He would say shit about me and my family which took things a little too far. You know we all have our soft spots and unfortunately this guys hit a couple of mine. Remember that walk I talked about, well it is times like that when the peace pipe comes in handy!!!
Ok, I have a situation here that I want your opinions on. 1-2NL live. All players play together almost every week. Most hands are live straddled UTG for $4, as this hand was. Hero (~$330) MP - I hardly ever raise with junk, and I think I play pretty solid. I have some of the worst luck against villian though because the donkey will call anyone on draws regardless of odds. Usually will go all-in on a flush draw. He either loses $1000 or wins $1000. Villain (~$500) LPI have pocket 6's and raise to $14 (straddle was $4). One caller before villian, villian calls, SB folds, BB calls, straddler calls.Flop is 476 rainbow, I flopped a set and the board isn't very scary except to maybe pocket 7's and the potential for a straight. I check hoping for the c/r and the person before the villian bets $20 (small bet, I put her on A7 suited probably) then the villain raises to $105 ($80 raise). Everyone folds back to me. The villain is known to play all sorts of pots, especially when I am in because the donkey has a thing for busting my nuts, I don't know why. Maybe it is because I call him a f**king donkey that has no clue how to play the game correctly and that is why he loses a grand a night, 3 nights a week then has a lucky night where he gets some of it back. I also have asked him to step outside a few times when he gets under my skin with some of his comments, so we don't really get along too well. What do you do?
You're behind 35 58 and 77. Not a very broad range to worry about. So your options are: smooth call and let him continue to bluff at/bet into youshove shoveshoveshoveshovefold and never play again shove shoveshoveshoveshoveor you could shoveWith an aggressive villain putting $100 in the pot and you only having $300, all the money is getting in here at some point. We're not folding any turn, so I don't care if you call/shove or shove now.And it's a gentleman's game. There's are many "right" ways to play. There are people who play for fun. We like them.Don't berate the other players. Especially the bad ones. Fix him a damn sammich and tell him to play all the time.
HAHA! I am still here, this guy just got under my skin a little. He knows some of my family and knows that I don't care for them too much, I haven't talked to my parents in 10 years and I only talk to a couple of my brothers and my sister. (I am the youngest of 8 kids, 7 boys and one girl, one brother committed suicide 18 years ago). He would say shit about me and my family which took things a little too far. You know we all have our soft spots and unfortunately this guys hit a couple of mine. Remember that walk I talked about, well it is times like that when the peace pipe comes in handy!!!
Many of us have our own "Arch Enemies". There is one guy that was my supervisor briefly almost 20 years ago. I was at a major golf tournament a few years ago and there he was walking down the path towards me. It was all I could to to keep myself from sucker punching the guy right there. And I'm not a violent guy - haven't thrown a punch in anger in well over 25 years (plenty thrown in sparring matches)...but at the Poker table, it is best to keep your personal feelings hidden and separate from the game.
Don't berate the other players. Especially the bad ones. Fix him a damn sammich and tell him to play all the time.
berating this player is causing this player to play poorly against him, which is a good thing. you say don't berate bad players, but you're forgetting about the reason why you shouldn't berate bad players. i wish i remember what poster on here said it because it was a great line -"i'd smash a wrecking ball through an aquarium if i thought it was +ev"