What Are Your Bets About What Daniel's "dramatic" Next Blog Is About?

I'm sorry to hear about the divorce. I'm glad that it's an amicable split and that it won't be a messy one like a lot of divorces are. It's good that you and Lori will still be friends after this. I wish both you and Lori the best of luck in your respective futures.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel, I have a few questions:1) People are saying that you never mentioned Lori in the blog. I noticed this too, but I also remember you saying that she prefers to be private. So is there more 'stories' about Lori that you didn't include in your blog, because you didn't to make it public because she didn't want it public? BTW, when I say stories, I just mean like anything you could include in your blog (eg. going out with friends, playing Wii bowling, spending a few hours at the driving range, are all 'stories')2) What's your religious stance on the issue? Are you getting an actual divorce or just a seperation? I'm now sure about the laws in the US, but in Ireland, if you get a divorce, the Catholic church will not allow you to remarry under the church ie you can only be married in the eyes of the state. Does this affect you at all?3) Any comments from a financial point of view? Did you have a pre-num agreement before you got married?
Daniel is very open about his life but please don't think that means you should expect answers to personal questions such as above.
My prescription for Daniel Negranu is to go see a doctor and get a prescription for 40mg of Adderall, and 40mg of Ritalin. Stay on that for three months and play poker everyday. LOL, it would be very enlightening to see what a dose of real aggression, not just "small ball, bet preflop check flop or small bet on flop, pussy play". Lets see some raises and check raises with nothing but a read of weakness. Would be fun because if there are two guys that don't play like this that probably could and be very successful, it's Daniel Negreanu and Phil Hellmuth, but they both play so weak at times, its annoying.
obsessed much :club:
... Part of the reason I follow FCP and DN is because of DN's professed faith as a Christian. Sorry to say, DN, but the actions of you and Lori in this situation are not Christian-like.cdd
Judge not lest you be judged.....It is bad enough to judge someone let alone do it in a public forum, in a post of which you profess to have liked DN for being Christ like.I am glad you had your flame suit on, although you probably didn't need the full suit for what I offered.Edit:I notice Nutz beat me to it. NH sir.

Good poker players in general are highly emphatic.They learn to see the world through other people's eyes.That in itself is good thing for relationship.But I have seen lot of them lacking sympathy.After giving and receiving numerous bad beatsthey don't feel sympathy towards bad beats.Compassion is nothing but combination of empathy and sympathy.

Judge not lest you be judged.....It is bad enough to judge someone let alone do it in a public forum, in a post of which you profess to have liked DN for being Christ like.I am glad you had your flame suit on, although you probably didn't need the full suit for what I offered.
I don't want to hijack this thread, but here's the Biblical perspective on both judgment of others and on divorce. I hope DN takes the time to respond, because I suspect I'm not the only one wondering about his take on this.A. Judgment. "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things." Romans 2:1So I acknowledge that I should not judge DN for his actions. However, I do think it is permissible for a Christian to question another Christian's motivation for an action, and to hold a Christian accountable if a sin has been committed. I'll find scripture to support that later.B. Divorce. In the words of Jesus himself, "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery." Matthew 19:9. Further, "To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife." I Corinthians 7:10-11. I'd like to hear DN's response. Not trying to start a religious debate, and if this needs to be moved to a different forum, then my apologies, and mods please move.Thanks.cdd
Daniel, I have a few questions:1) People are saying that you never mentioned Lori in the blog. I noticed this too, but I also remember you saying that she prefers to be private. So is there more 'stories' about Lori that you didn't include in your blog, because you didn't to make it public because she didn't want it public? BTW, when I say stories, I just mean like anything you could include in your blog (eg. going out with friends, playing Wii bowling, spending a few hours at the driving range, are all 'stories')
If Lori preferred to be private, any stories like this are locked in the vault.
2) What's your religious stance on the issue? Are you getting an actual divorce or just a seperation? I'm now sure about the laws in the US, but in Ireland, if you get a divorce, the Catholic church will not allow you to remarry under the church ie you can only be married in the eyes of the state. Does this affect you at all?
He said "divorce." He doesn't live in Ireland.
3) Any comments from a financial point of view? Did you have a pre-num agreement before you got married?
NOYFB(None Of Your F'ing Business).And what's a "pre-num" agreement?
Aren't you guys judging him about judging Daniel?
Yes, but we are not the ones acting holier than thou or holding Daniel up to a higher standard and IMO mocking him.
A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.
How do you compare yourself with other golfers?And as a slight hijack; I got a new Burner driver, a new vocky 60 degree (replaces old vocky 60 degree), and new shoes.Must be at least 5 strokes of my next round, maybe 6
So I acknowledge that I should not judge DN for his actions. However, I do think it is permissible for a Christian to question another Christian's motivation for an action, and to hold a Christian accountable if a sin has been committed. I'll find scripture to support that later.
But is it Christian like to call him out in a public forum? Not in my opinion. I do see the irony of my calling you out here in a public forum. I believe the bible also talks about looking for a splinter in someone else's eye and ignoring the board in yours. I am also big enough to admit I should have pm'd you if I am going to expect you to do the same.This is my last post on this issue. Be well.

lol @ the people turning this into a religious issue..He's a Christian, I don't recall him being a Catholic. This isn't Dark Ages Europe, this is 20th century America. We no longer set dubious young women on fire if our cattle die, and we don't run divorcees directly to Cleveland hell. He is of strong faith, this doesn't appear to be the result of snap-judgement or indigestion. Best of luck Daniel. I hope you manage to sleep at night knowing a handful of FCPers who have logged almost a dozen total posts may quit the forum due to your heathen lifestyle ;)I (like countless others) am a child of divorce and even at that young age I knew my folks were better off parting ways. They were both devout Catholics, so I know they didn't tread lightly. Ironically, I actually felt quite guilty at the time because they were walking on eggshells and overreacting to anything i'd say or do out of their own guilt, where being "divorced kid" actually helped me relate to the majority of my classmates anyways. lol. Hard to convey to guilt-ridden and emotional parents that you are "cool" and understand, because they hardly give you the capacity to do so (esp. since they obviously can't).Point being, just living your life is all you can do. Sounds like the two of you may remain friends, which is always a nice thing. Just make sure you are completely honest with yourself about your poker. I had some major personal $#!t happen in my life recently and I nixed poker completely during it, too. I didn't miss playing poker as much as I thought I would, but I'll be honest and say not being able to watch poker and read the forums would have been much more difficult. Obviously you have enough other engaging pursuits so that poker doesn't even remotely dominate your life, that's good and healthy.Once again, best of luck, and godspeed.

But is it Christian like to call him out in a public forum? Not in my opinion. I do see the irony of my calling you out here in a public forum. I believe the bible also talks about looking for a splinter in someone else's eye and ignoring the board in yours. I am also big enough to admit I should have pm'd you if I am going to expect you to do the same.This is my last post on this issue. Be well.
Its a plank not a splinter..but i digress....We all have things and so called sins. But if your a christian by any means I think u should relize forgiveness of these things. People only want to look at god as a dictator who set a bunch of rules and not one that forgives or helps. I myself have this problem at times as I have fought with believing in this my whole life as most southeners have. Thats how we were raised not to think for ourselves. But one thing I do know is that if u do believe in god u should look at it as a good thing and not as a bunch of rules that u know will be broken. Thats my only religious post I will ever make as I dont feel Im in the postion to have an opinion as I'm trying to figure it out myself. Where I stand.
If Lori preferred to be private, any stories like this are locked in the vault.He said "divorce." He doesn't live in Ireland.NOYFB(None Of Your F'ing Business).And what's a "pre-num" agreement?
Did he actually say divorce in the blog? I just skimmed over it again and didn't see the specific word (obv everything was there to indicate it was a divorce but I just want to clarify that it is a legal divorce, not jus a seperation)lol, I know he doesn't live in Ireland, how bout telling me what the situation is like in Americaa prenumptial agreement is when two people, before they are married, agree on divorce terms (who gets what) if they happend to split
I've been reading this thread trying to find someone who raised this issue, and I'm glad I've found it. I'll put my flame suit on, but I do have to say that I am disappointed in this news. Part of the reason I follow FCP and DN is because of DN's professed faith as a Christian. Sorry to say, DN, but the actions of you and Lori in this situation are not Christian-like. I won't bore you with all of the details, but suffice it to say that Christians believe divorce is a sin unless one of the parties commits adultery, or unless one party is a Christian and the other is not. Unless there's something you're not telling us here (ie, a cheating issue that you've never discussed, etc.), then the act of divorce in this instance is not justified by the Bible. I enjoy reading DN's blog and following him, but this news changes my view of him. Sorry. Flame suit on.cdd
CDD, you're a retard. You're a gullible retard if you actually believe Daniel Negranu's "I read a book about faith and now I'm a believer" brand of faith.
CDD, you're a retard. You're a gullible retard if you actually believe Daniel Negranu's "I read a book about faith and now I'm a believer" brand of faith.
Whoa, easy fella. I'm not in any way judging his faith. I simply asked for a response from him, to get his view on divorce in light of his religious beliefs that he professed. Trust me when I say, I'd never getting into a shouting match about "who's the better Christian" with anyone, DN or otherwise.Thanks for your exemplary use of the English language, by the way, by conjuring up the word "retard" as your take on my intellect. :club: cdd
a prenumptial agreement is when two people, before they are married, agree on divorce terms (who gets what) if they happend to split
The word you're looking for is prenuptial. No "m" in there.People say pre-nup, not pre-num.Dane was just being intentionally obtuse.If you ain't no punk holla we want prenupWE WANT PRENUP! YeahIt's something that you need to have'Cause when she leave yo ass she gone leave with half
Dane was just being intentionally obtuse.If you ain't no punk holla we want prenupWE WANT PRENUP! YeahIt's something that you need to have'Cause when she leave yo ass she gone leave with half
You ain't saying she's a gold-digger (unh).As for re-marrying in the US some churches will and some won't. In the Catholic church I think you typically need to get the previous marriage annulled. Some other flavors will allow you to remarry in the church even if you're divorced.