What Are Your Bets About What Daniel's "dramatic" Next Blog Is About?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel and Lori are super cool people and I wish nothing the best for both of them going forward.
Agreed.Good Luck to the both of you, and glad that it ended with such a positive note.

I'm not going to say sorry DN, but congrats in making a responsible and seemingly right decision for the both of you. It takes a bigger man to be able to sensibly discuss and end a relationship then it does to blow up and lead a miserable life of emotional abuse. Still sucks of course, but I'm not sorry and neither should you. I have to also say, you contiually put your personal and poker life in the spotlight to the public and that's never an easy thing and I respect it. You are brutally honest, and leave yourself open to criticism, and while the exposure has brought you much success as a well known figure in the poker world, I'm sure it has also brought you many headaches as well. All I can say is that, if I can call myself a colleague in poker and my pursuits, your honesty and insight into the poker world has helped me grow as a person and player, whether I agree or disagree. At 24, I have a lot to learn, but thanks for being open and telling it like you see it even if you are going to take sh*t for it. If I ever get the chance, I'll buy you a drink, not as a fanboy, a kiss ass, a friend, or an enemy, but as a colleague, a poker player...who could also kick your ass in wii.Cheers, congratulations, and good luck at Bellagio.

Also awesome how they kept the courts out of this, seemed to have it all worked out, and seem to still be great friends. Daniel and Lori are super cool people and I wish nothing the best for both of them going forward.
Agreed!I'm also sorry to hear about you and Lori. Good Luck to both you and I'm also glad also that it ended with such a positive note.Good luck at the Five Diamond !! Take it down!

I recall reading something in the past about Daniel rushing into marriage, partly because there were 'gay' rumours spreading. 2 years down the line, it does kinda look like DN and Lori rushed into it, and God only knows how long it will be before the 2+2 crowd get started on DN being gay. Anyway, I duno if I'm supposed to say hard luck, condolences, congratulations or good luck. Whatever I'm supposed to say, I wish DN and Lori the best in life.

The biggest hint most people seem to ignore is that he's said it effects others more than himself. Divorce / being gay / moving, etc. are all very personal and obviously not something he's likely to foreshadow in a blog. I'm guessing it has something to do with the legalization of online poker.
... Of course there is a small chance I'm completely wrong .... lol

best of luck daniel and lori...i remember commenting like 6 months ago asking if daniel and lori were still together because he never mentioned her, and I got shot down by everyone

Not trying to be a prick... this will sound weird at first.But, I'm happy for the both of you. Much better to end the way it has then with hatred. I wish both of you and both the dogs best of luck.

Best of luck to the both of you. My and my ex were together for 7 yrs and it was the EASIEST break-up ever. Like Lori & Daniel, we just sat down like mature adults and realized we both were better off splitting up. She is my BEST friend to this day. I am blessed to have her in my life even if she isnt my girlfriend anymore. P.S. She has the dogs, unfortunately. I didnt want to split them up, they are best friends also.

I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever... ever, leave FCP under any circumstances. I love the forums.
This might sound a tad petty, but there's some irony here.Daniel, you know you've got our support, and I do wish the best for both you and Lori, but I'm pretty loathing of convenience marriages/divorces. People are right that it's best that these issues came to light prior to having kids, but to be frank, these are issues that probably should've been brought to light before getting married in the first place. Marriage isn't easy. I'm not really sure how to advise you here...or if I even should. Y'all seem pretty decided/happy in your decision. I guess the best I can offer is that you should sit down with someone that you really trust that has life experience in this area. Have you talked with your mom about this much?

Well, I seem to have pretty much nailed this one. For all those people that say it isn't Daniel's fault, and blah blah blah, I don't understand how you can say that. He's a very idealistic guy, and when you read his blogs from the time he was getting married, I could tell he didn't know what he was in for. No big deal though, he's a better man for getting divorced, no more baggage, LOL. Thanks for replying to the post DN.

Wouldn't take an hour, but no no call as of yet.I hope all is well for the man though, whatever he tells.Writing down things is kind of morbid. If you are right, is a "I guessed it" really valuable? and if you're wrong, then you have to live with looking like a bigger loser than you already are. Lose/LoseBut I think he is voting for Guilani and is having a hard time admitting it.
LMAO + 2
Posts likes these are really annoying and silly, lol. It's as though you "think" you know me better than I do! If you bet on old me vs new me I'd crush old me bad, real bad. That loss didn't affect ME, it affected my BR! Since that time I've only played three times in the "big game," but the game doesn't even go anymore as people are playing online now. Since losing in the "big game" that one time I've won virtually all of it back in four sessions including a NL session at Bellagio. Plus I had a really good tournament run at the end of the year and beginning of the year. I've played less poker this year, but the reason for that has nothing to do with confidence or bankroll my dear boy, it has to do with being an experienced gambler and knowing when to take it easy
I actually agree with a lot of what Daniel Negreanu said. For one thing I've posted about how I feel he isn't very good at cash games because he doesn't follow his reads too often, and doesn't play as hungrily as he should. When he should make a play on HSP he doesn't and when he should raise he just calls. He plays weak in cash games in my opinion, and I think that his NL cash game play is weak in a lot of aspects. But as far as tournaments go, his record speaks for itself. He made quite a few final tables in both 2006 and 2007, and honestly I have no reason to argue about his tournament play because that is where he got rich and that is where I think he'll always find success. Honestly I think the guy is a very good poker player, but he's like a great boxer after he's won a lot already, and he just ain't hungry no more, IMO. He might get hungry though, I like his talk about the Lion. Although, it sounded a bit like he's trying to wish the lion back though, LOL.
It's "ugh" because I just think that theory about DN coming out was completely outlandish....he's been over that subject before and he's not gay. I threw "ugh" in there because it has no hope of being true.Oh yeah....And being gay is an abomination to God. :club:
LMAO
The biggest hint most people seem to ignore is that he's said it effects others more than himself. Divorce / being gay / moving, etc. are all very personal and obviously not something he's likely to foreshadow in a blog. I'm guessing it has something to do with the legalization of online poker.
Another brilliant deduction
If you think on the positive side of this, finding out that you guys are more friends than anything else, is better now than later..... Imagine if you and Lori had kids together...... Let me tell you that just thinking that if me and my wife would have to break up, with our two daughters... It would be HELL..... I really wouldn't want to go through this....Let me tell you Daniel, you are one special individual..... Answering to "clowns" calling you out on your game, your personal life, your BR and the gay stuff..... Man you have class dude..... I wouldn't be as classy as you are, that's for sure.....For people calling you out on your blogs, I for one trully enjoy them. Your personal views on things and stuff that you go through in your life as a pro poker player are very cool... Maybe it doesn't hurt that my life is Poker, hockey, golf and stats :lol:For people calling you out on your game...... Well they are just dumb... These are the same people that only wish they could play in a big game for once in their lives...... Pure jaleousy and envy...... What can you do, some people can't handle other people's success. Instead of being happy for someone, they just bash them to make themselves feel better....Like I said, you're a class act and always will be. :club:..... You need lots of positives in times like this, don't listen to the haters.....Good luck with everything.Peace out
Yeah, real special. I have no doubt that Daniel Negreanu is a genuinely nice person, or at least tries to be. But honestly, if I was him, I would DEFINITELY NOT reply to the peasants and plebs on this board, including me, but the guy actually cares what people think about him. I consider it a trait of weakness to respond to other peoples gossip, let the plebs talk about shit that doesn't matter to us. Honestly, I know things aren't going to be the same with his blog, so I'm not one of the people hoping that he goes back to posting more about poker. Sometimes, certain periods of time are just over. His blog was pretty damn informative and enlightening about the poker lifestyle at first, but those days might be long gone as we move into the new era of online poker, a better era if you ask me.

My prescription for Daniel Negranu is to go see a doctor and get a prescription for 40mg of Adderall, and 40mg of Ritalin. Stay on that for three months and play poker everyday. LOL, it would be very enlightening to see what a dose of real aggression, not just "small ball, bet preflop check flop or small bet on flop, pussy play". Lets see some raises and check raises with nothing but a read of weakness. Would be fun because if there are two guys that don't play like this that probably could and be very successful, it's Daniel Negreanu and Phil Hellmuth, but they both play so weak at times, its annoying.

I'm just curious how the invisible man views divorces ? Isn't that a sin ? Or does religion's laws get bent around if it unsuits you ?
I've been reading this thread trying to find someone who raised this issue, and I'm glad I've found it. I'll put my flame suit on, but I do have to say that I am disappointed in this news. Part of the reason I follow FCP and DN is because of DN's professed faith as a Christian. Sorry to say, DN, but the actions of you and Lori in this situation are not Christian-like. I won't bore you with all of the details, but suffice it to say that Christians believe divorce is a sin unless one of the parties commits adultery, or unless one party is a Christian and the other is not. Unless there's something you're not telling us here (ie, a cheating issue that you've never discussed, etc.), then the act of divorce in this instance is not justified by the Bible. I enjoy reading DN's blog and following him, but this news changes my view of him. Sorry. Flame suit on.cdd

Daniel, I have a few questions:1) People are saying that you never mentioned Lori in the blog. I noticed this too, but I also remember you saying that she prefers to be private. So is there more 'stories' about Lori that you didn't include in your blog, because you didn't to make it public because she didn't want it public? BTW, when I say stories, I just mean like anything you could include in your blog (eg. going out with friends, playing Wii bowling, spending a few hours at the driving range, are all 'stories')2) What's your religious stance on the issue? Are you getting an actual divorce or just a seperation? I'm now sure about the laws in the US, but in Ireland, if you get a divorce, the Catholic church will not allow you to remarry under the church ie you can only be married in the eyes of the state. Does this affect you at all?3) Any comments from a financial point of view? Did you have a pre-num agreement before you got married?