What Are Your Bets About What Daniel's "dramatic" Next Blog Is About?

Daniel, I have no doubt you will pull through this rough time like a champ, and be stronger because of it. It's great that you and Lori handled this like mature human beings, Wish you the best of luck in finding the "right" girl for you.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About a year ago when I was a little overly obsessed with poker and it was putting a strain on my relationships I asked him what he would do if he had to choose between poker and his wife. He said he'd choose poker...guess he wasn't lying. Obviously this is about more than poker though.I must admit that when I was reading the blog I kept waiting for him to tell us he's just kidding and give us the "real" news...and when it didn't happen it made me a bit depressed. I hope it works out well for them both.

When you make as much money as he does playing poker- not just playing poker but as a "poker celebrity"- it's pretty hard to turn that down for anyone.Really, any woman who marries him ought to know what she's getting in to. He's a C list celebrity, an A list celebrity in his field and makes lots of money by way of traveling all over the world. Not much of a shocker that there isn't a whole lot of "us" time.

About a year ago when I was a little overly obsessed with poker and it was putting a strain on my relationships I asked him what he would do if he had to choose between poker and his wife. He said he'd choose poker...guess he wasn't lying.
I think it may be a little more complicated than that.How about just wishing them both well?
I think it may be a little more complicated than that.How about just wishing them both well?
Of course its more complicated than that. But his life is pretty much consumed by it either directly or indirectly...so it must be part of it.

If you think on the positive side of this, finding out that you guys are more friends than anything else, is better now than later..... Imagine if you and Lori had kids together...... Let me tell you that just thinking that if me and my wife would have to break up, with our two daughters... It would be HELL..... I really wouldn't want to go through this....Let me tell you Daniel, you are one special individual..... Answering to "clowns" calling you out on your game, your personal life, your BR and the gay stuff..... Man you have class dude..... I wouldn't be as classy as you are, that's for sure.....For people calling you out on your blogs, I for one trully enjoy them. Your personal views on things and stuff that you go through in your life as a pro poker player are very cool... Maybe it doesn't hurt that my life is Poker, hockey, golf and stats :lol:For people calling you out on your game...... Well they are just dumb... These are the same people that only wish they could play in a big game for once in their lives...... Pure jaleousy and envy...... What can you do, some people can't handle other people's success. Instead of being happy for someone, they just bash them to make themselves feel better....Like I said, you're a class act and always will be. :club:..... You need lots of positives in times like this, don't listen to the haters.....Good luck with everything.Peace out

About a year ago when I was a little overly obsessed with poker and it was putting a strain on my relationships I asked him what he would do if he had to choose between poker and his wife. He said he'd choose poker...guess he wasn't lying.
Wow...just wow. Not to the statement...to the quote. It sounds like it was very amicable which makes things easier, but they are never easy. Best of luck to both you and Lori.

A Billionaire split with his wife about a year ago out here.They broke out a bottle of wine, and split their estate.She got the house with the golf course out here, he got the one in Montana.There were divorce lawyers around the world crying.

As much as people critize Daniel they need to look at themselves. This guy is probly more open with his life then most of your family or friends are.To people he doesn't have a"real" relationship with. Best of luck to you Dn and hopefully both of you guys will find happiness wherever that is. GL

Selfish prick. Divorce lawyers send their kids to standford on the commissions they get from cases like yours and lori's. DId you even think for a moment what an amicable break up would do to them? Typical.On a serious note, Good luck and best wishes. It's better you know it's not going to work now than 20 years from now.

Well there are varying views on it; Daniel's is undoubtedly the most liberal one. I guess when he said his wedding vows he just meant "i do, at least for now". *shrug*
Nonsense.Do you post this crap at everyone's website who has a relationship that doesn't work out?How about every friend you have who splits with someone they loved?...oh, no friends and don't understand love?Gotcha.

Daniel, Been there, done that. Not with all the publicity and celebrity, of course. Great news that it's gonna end as friends because that's usually pretty difficult. Better news that you and Lori realized this before there were mucho Daniels and Loris running around because then it would be especially painful and most likely not as friendly. Not every spouse is going to find it easy to be in the limelight......or in the shadow of the limelight. I sure wish you and Lori both the best and continued success in life. May each of you find the happiness you deserve.And now for the advice: FOCUS! From reading your blogs and such, you're running around like a rat on crack. Do what you can to the absolute best of your ability and don't half-ass anything. If it's time for some golf instruction, take a sabatical from poker. If it's time to play at the Bellagio, leave golf on the golf course. I know I'M being selfish but I truly miss you playing poker. That is the whole reason I joined this site, because I am a DN poker fan. When I read about you practicing your golf swing during the middle of a big tourny, I just die a little inside. Your are THE most awesome poker player and I want to be a personal witness to another year like 2004. FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS Good luck and best wishes!!!!

I remember back in the early days of this site....Daniel and Lori had broken up and then he blogged about how he went to Michigan to win her back...it shows thhat you've always been very open and honest about your personal life even when it's really none of our business.Good luck to both of you in the future.

Hey DN you're already my hero since you landed my dream job of playing golf/gambling. And now you're a single celebrity out in Vegas? The ladies out there are pretty darn good lookin, practice safe sex, especially at Pure.

not sure i should be saying 'sorry' for hearing about the split, since the both of you seem to be very fine with it.congrats on not bringing lawyers into it, that could have gotten messy.it's cool both of you are so mature about it. good luck to you and lori in the future.

Hey DN you're already my hero since you landed my dream job of playing golf/gambling. And now you're a single celebrity out in Vegas? The ladies out there are pretty darn good lookin, practice safe sex, especially at Pure.
lol....You run into some bad meat there?

Very sad, but they gave it 2+ years so you can't say they didn't try.Also awesome how they kept the courts out of this, seemed to have it all worked out, and seem to still be great friends. I have friends in Michigan who had a similar break 9 years ago and still are great friends, have both re-married, and the families have since even taken vacations together. I know that seems crazy to some, but they are so much better friends than they ever were a married couple. And they are happy.Daniel and Lori are super cool people and I wish nothing the best for both of them going forward.

not sure i should be saying 'sorry' for hearing about the split, since the both of you seem to be very fine with it.congrats on not bringing lawyers into it, that could have gotten messy.it's cool both of you are so mature about it. good luck to you and lori in the future.
Very sad, but they gave it 2+ years so you can't say they didn't try.Also awesome how they kept the courts out of this, seemed to have it all worked out, and seem to still be great friends.