What Are Your Bets About What Daniel's "dramatic" Next Blog Is About?

Posts likes these are really annoying and silly, lol. It's as though you "think" you know me better than I do! If you bet on old me vs new me I'd crush old me bad, real bad. That loss didn't affect ME, it affected my BR! Since that time I've only played three times in the "big game," but the game doesn't even go anymore as people are playing online now. Since losing in the "big game" that one time I've won virtually all of it back in four sessions including a NL session at Bellagio. Plus I had a really good tournament run at the end of the year and beginning of the year. I've played less poker this year, but the reason for that has nothing to do with confidence or bankroll my dear boy, it has to do with being an experienced gambler and knowing when to take it easy
I don't think you give young Daniel enough credit. Just from casually reading your blogs you seem more passionate about Wii and Golf than poker right now. Like i said I'm sure technically you are a better player now with more knowledge but on the other hand clearly less hunger for the game.Interesting to hear the big game doesn't run anymore though.
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quiting poker and opening a vegan restraunt in Tunica? DN really knows how to build suspence. Truth is I dont really care what the announcement is I always will be a fan. My guess is in 08 he will dramatically be cutting his travel schedule to concentrate on personel life, online poker and pokervt.

Lots of seriously homophobic people over at that site, lol. I always found it kind of funny that people thought I might be gay. Doesn't offend me in the least, seriously, but it shows me how bad people's gaydar can be when they focus on the wrong things. Earrings + Vegan doesn't equal gay! Actually, one of my best friends is the most homophobic dude in the world. If you drink lite beer he thinks your gay, lol. If you use a rescue club instead of an iron- gay. If you don't eat meat- gay. He is hilarious.

Lots of seriously homophobic people over at that site, lol. I always found it kind of funny that people thought I might be gay. Doesn't offend me in the least, seriously, but it shows me how bad people's gaydar can be when they focus on the wrong things. Earrings + Vegan doesn't equal gay! Actually, one of my best friends is the most homophobic dude in the world. If you drink lite beer he thinks your gay, lol. If you use a rescue club instead of an iron- gay. If you don't eat meat- gay. He is hilarious.
Your way to cheery to be straight! :club:
Other "gayisms" from my friend:Watching romance movies- gayLong hair- gayTaking too long before a golf shot- gayLeaving putts short- gay, hit it like a MAN!!!!
I didn't know Phil Ivey was like that.
Fun thread. A lot of you think you know way more about me than you really do! :-) My poker play since the WSOP has been better than ever. I didn't get results but anyone who knows anything about poker should realize that it's not results that dictate your skill level at all. I've been losing my key hands, but in may, in fact most tournaments I've been getting the chips. I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever... ever, leave FCP under any circumstances. I love the forums. When I'm not playing poker I'm mostly in the NHL forum or this one, but hey, that's just what I'm into at the time. My blog usually reflects what I've been up to so when a blog doesn't contain poker content, guess what, I haven't been playing. The blog is the easiest bit of writing I ever do and it's the last thing I'd ever give up. As for the next blog, I wanted to write it yesterday as I'd said but I didn't think it went well with a blog about the Comedy Festival. It's a serious topic about a serious deal. I truly believe that the blog will be a bigger deal for others than it is to me at this point. I'm very happy with everything and the direction I'm headed. As for my lack of hours playing poker, I'm TOTALLY doing the right thing in every way. If you had "big things" going on in your life, the last thing you should be doing is playing high stakes poker. Instead, you deal with stuff, take it easy, avoid making any bad decisions, and when it's done, you come back like a Lion... the Lion returns at the Bellagio 5 Diamond in December...
Why are you posting stuff about Richard Brodie?
So you ARE voting Republican.Welcome
Obvioulsy, he just said he wasn't gay.
Wait drinking lite beer doesn't mean your gay? I've been getting fat for no reason................damnit.
Other "gayisms" from my friend:Watching romance movies- gayLong hair- gayTaking too long before a golf shot- gayLeaving putts short- gay, hit it like a MAN!!!!
If your next blog is about getting a job as a Starbucks barrista I will have my suspicions.
Kind of think he's right here.But the rest...no that's not gay. Not that there's anything wrong with it not being gay

So I actually just read the blog.Caymus FTW, that is one of my top 10 favorite wines. Much better than the over rated Opus and some other high priced cabs. The winery has a sister wine, its a white wine called conundrum, it is probably one of my favorite whites. If any of your are ever here in NoCal you have to head to Napa to taste some of these wines.To the OP, and others you guys are ridiculous. Do you really want to read about DN and his wife cuddling up to watch Knocked Up on a Thursday night? If you do you have problems. I am guessing Daniel writes as a release and also as a way to inform us on some of the cool things he gets to do.If I remember correctly from the past (video blog maybe?) his wife is not as comfortable with the lime light, and he probably does not feel the need to share all of that with us. How is that difficult to understand?

You are absolutely right....but it does equal 235 MAX off the tee. I eat steak once every two weeks and hit it about 285 avg off the tee. Im gonna die young from cancer but I hit it long.........well almost as long as Balloon Guy!Oh, I also have a Rescue TP 16 degree that replaced my 2 iron.....Im not gay either.

I'm thinking a baby Negreanu is on the way. But who knows, the suspense is killing me.I hope it's really good news, though. Daniel has done allot of good stuff for charities, people, animals, etc. Good karma should be coming back his way.

I'm thinking a baby Negreanu is on the way. But who knows, the suspense is killing me.I hope it's really good news, though. Daniel has done allot of good stuff for charities, people, animals, etc. Good karma should be coming back his way.
I agree about the Daniel is deserving of some good Karma line of thinking, but .... How could it possibly be Baby Negreanu? Daniel would never say a baby was a bigger thing to other people that it is to him. He also said he never expected to be writing a blog the one he is going to be writing -- and certianly he has thought about having children someday. Finally, I doubt he would ever refer to a pregnancy as a good news/bad news situation..... unless there is something wrong with Baby Negraunu .... some serious congenital defect .... It would be bad news paired with good news ... It wouldn't be a big thing to Lori and Daniel. They would love the baby anyway, but it might be a big deal to other people.Gee. That scenario fits his previous comments. But I think (and hope) that my "entry" in this unofficial contest is wrong.

You guys are missing the whole JefF Foxworthy "Married or Gay?" bit in all of this.If you have not had sex with a woman for over a year, you are either married or gay........If you know what a Loofa is and know how to use it............Yada YadaWhatever the news is, as long as everyone is healthy, that is key.

Well, I was going to guess, from watching the video blogs, that this was gavin, but he has the long haired, scruffy Canado-mullet, so that rules him out. I'd love it if Daniel was making a whistle-blowing type announcement about the corruption and cheating that goes on in high stakes poker, but I'm not holding my breath.

He's moving to Switzerland for tax reasons.Either that or his handicap has been cut by 3 strokes. The good news being he's now only playing off 20, the bad news is that while on a major golfing high he got hustled out of $10m by Ivey at TPC Summerlin.

why is coming out "ugh". divorce is "ugh". having a baby could be "ugh", i don't know daniel personally so i cant say. but whats "ugh" about being gay?
It's "ugh" because I just think that theory about DN coming out was completely outlandish....he's been over that subject before and he's not gay. I threw "ugh" in there because it has no hope of being true.Oh yeah....And being gay is an abomination to God. :club:

Ok im gonna chuck a guess out there, well two actually.I think Leaving vegas is a big possibility, was thinking he might be keen on a move back to Canada but i dunno.Ill admit my first reaction to all this was the D word, something Daniel has never talked about before... his marriage etc. Divorce can be a good and bad thing at the same time.To DN: Sorry for any offense caused but your teasers have left it wide open for speculation dude. Whatever it is, I hope all is well.

People used to think Mike Piazza was gay. He needed a press conference to deny it. Since then look who he has dated/married. Two playmates.
What about a log-cabin republican?