What Are Your Bets About What Daniel's "dramatic" Next Blog Is About?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blog is ending...................... 100% :club:
I dont think he would end his blog or his relationship with FCP at least until Pokervt is launched. Gives him a free captive audience to sell the service.
Oh jeez, he called Balloon Guy didn't he? Had the 1 hour telephone call and BG warped his mind......he's turning Republican, carnivorous, and buying a humidor.... All is lost!!
Wouldn't take an hour, but no no call as of yet.I hope all is well for the man though, whatever he tells.Writing down things is kind of morbid. If you are right, is a "I guessed it" really valuable? and if you're wrong, then you have to live with looking like a bigger loser than you already are. Lose/LoseBut I think he is voting for Guilani and is having a hard time admitting it.
I could see him ending his blog or removing himself from this site. His poker room was a bust, he isn't playing good poker and he rarely even talks about poker in his blog anyways. He also rarely posts in the forums anymore for anything but hockey pools. He seems to have pretty much disassociated himself from this site anyways. It wouldn't be a big shock at all if he just up and left this site. Think about it. If he just ended his article for Cardplayer for which he was getting paid why would continue writing his blog for which he doesn't get paid? He says he is tired and needs to prioritize things. Honestly he doesn't seem like a really happy or focused guy. I think he has lost his passion for the game but all his income comes from poker so it would be pretty hard to up and leave the game altogether.
Winner
I'm betting it's one of two things. 1) He's getting divorced. 2) He's taking a long sabbatical off of poker and his lifestyle to try to be a "better man". Honestly, I feel that both of them have a solid chance of being what he's going to write about but the second one might be less likely because of the Poker VT thing he keeps talking about. Honestly his blogs are becoming boring as hell, especially the ones that don't talk about poker. Like I give a crap about if he went to see a comedy show, blah blah blah, went to an autism benefit and suddenly has opinions on a disease that he doesn't understand technically blah blah blah, spouting off on his poorly informed opinions on politics blah blah blah. The dude is so liberal and weak willed that it would be irritating talking to him for an extended period of time because you knnow he's one of those people that judges other people's beliefs, as long as they are slightly immoral, aggressive, or selfish. I used to read his blogs for poker information, but now he just prattles on about stuff most people couldn't care about. Honestly, I feel he should blog about that stuff on Myspace or Facebook, or something like that, instead of a blog at Full Contact Poker. Plus his poker style doesn't even reflect what you'd expect from a site named Full Contact Poker as he plays so weak now, at least in cash games. The dude's becoming kind of unfocused and annoying.
hey pal, quit putting my friend daniel down. you're just a hater cause you're jealous.my guess is he's trading up in the wife department. i mean why not. when you have a net worth of $7.34 million ya gotta go fer the gusto (or at the very least, taking on a 2nd wife)
all his income comes from poker so it would be pretty hard to up and leave the game altogether.
I dont think this is the case, he has not been playing as much in last two years. I think he has poker related income from: articles, books, games, Pokerstars. So he has to appear at tournaments every once in awhile, but I think he lives off his winnings from the past, his investments and gambling on golf (wii too) for his income these days.
Honestly, I'm pretty sure Daniel is above blogging a 'teaser' about something as personal as a pending divorce.please.
QFT.It could certainly be a child on the way. Good thing at becoming a dad, bad thing (in a way) having to cut down time with his friends and stay closer to home.
I dont think this is the case, he has not been playing as much in last two years. I think he has poker related income from: articles, books, games, Pokerstars. So he has to appear at tournaments every once in awhile, but I think he lives off his winnings from the past, his investments and gambling on golf (wii too) for his income these days.
We aren't really disagreeing. I didn't mean to imply he makes most of his money off of playing poker. I meant he made most of his money from being a POKER celebrity. He can't leave the game altogether because all the tie in money would disappear quickly.He really has had a very down year in actual poker income. He had the big cash at the world poker open, one good cash at the Wsop and that is about it.He had a nice run in tourneys late last year and early this year but I still wonder if his confidence was forever shaken the day he lost over a million in the big game at the Bellagio. Before then he had a real cockiness about being the best but I think that night gave dealt him a real blow. I haven't followed all his blogs and posts since but I don't think he has played in the big game often since.

Like nothing he's ever written before, so it isn't about golf or wii or fantasy hockey. DN is the only guy in the blogosphere who does "coming attractions" in his blog. It has a good news/bad news feel, so it isn't (shouldn't be) marriage or baby. I think guesses about abandoning blog and/or FCP are strong possibilities. Quitting poker completely is also possible, but unlikely (how could he play LESS?).Sick gambling rehab? Move to Europe? Professional Wii tour?

when in Barcelona he fell in love with a male painter and has decided to give up following professional sports, being vegetarian, using computers, gambling, all forms of TV and his family. His life is ruined and we will never hear of him as of next week.you heard it here first.oh and the good news: The Toronto Maple Leafs have decided to trade all their valuable vets and rebuild with strong potential youth that they traded for.

Fun thread. A lot of you think you know way more about me than you really do! :-) My poker play since the WSOP has been better than ever. I didn't get results but anyone who knows anything about poker should realize that it's not results that dictate your skill level at all. I've been losing my key hands, but in may, in fact most tournaments I've been getting the chips. I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever... ever, leave FCP under any circumstances. I love the forums. When I'm not playing poker I'm mostly in the NHL forum or this one, but hey, that's just what I'm into at the time. My blog usually reflects what I've been up to so when a blog doesn't contain poker content, guess what, I haven't been playing. The blog is the easiest bit of writing I ever do and it's the last thing I'd ever give up. As for the next blog, I wanted to write it yesterday as I'd said but I didn't think it went well with a blog about the Comedy Festival. It's a serious topic about a serious deal. I truly believe that the blog will be a bigger deal for others than it is to me at this point. I'm very happy with everything and the direction I'm headed. As for my lack of hours playing poker, I'm TOTALLY doing the right thing in every way. If you had "big things" going on in your life, the last thing you should be doing is playing high stakes poker. Instead, you deal with stuff, take it easy, avoid making any bad decisions, and when it's done, you come back like a Lion... the Lion returns at the Bellagio 5 Diamond in December...

Fun thread. A lot of you think you know way more about me than you really do! :-) My poker play since the WSOP has been better than ever. I didn't get results but anyone who knows anything about poker should realize that it's not results that dictate your skill level at all. I've been losing my key hands, but in may, in fact most tournaments I've been getting the chips. I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever... ever, leave FCP under any circumstances. I love the forums. When I'm not playing poker I'm mostly in the NHL forum or this one, but hey, that's just what I'm into at the time. My blog usually reflects what I've been up to so when a blog doesn't contain poker content, guess what, I haven't been playing. The blog is the easiest bit of writing I ever do and it's the last thing I'd ever give up. As for the next blog, I wanted to write it yesterday as I'd said but I didn't think it went well with a blog about the Comedy Festival. It's a serious topic about a serious deal. I truly believe that the blog will be a bigger deal for others than it is to me at this point. I'm very happy with everything and the direction I'm headed. As for my lack of hours playing poker, I'm TOTALLY doing the right thing in every way. If you had "big things" going on in your life, the last thing you should be doing is playing high stakes poker. Instead, you deal with stuff, take it easy, avoid making any bad decisions, and when it's done, you come back like a Lion... the Lion returns at the Bellagio 5 Diamond in December...
WOOOOOHOOOOOOO now I can finally get some sleep!!!!!!! :D:club:
Fun thread. A lot of you think you know way more about me than you really do! :-) My poker play since the WSOP has been better than ever. I didn't get results but anyone who knows anything about poker should realize that it's not results that dictate your skill level at all. I've been losing my key hands, but in may, in fact most tournaments I've been getting the chips. I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever... ever, leave FCP under any circumstances. I love the forums. When I'm not playing poker I'm mostly in the NHL forum or this one, but hey, that's just what I'm into at the time. My blog usually reflects what I've been up to so when a blog doesn't contain poker content, guess what, I haven't been playing. The blog is the easiest bit of writing I ever do and it's the last thing I'd ever give up. As for the next blog, I wanted to write it yesterday as I'd said but I didn't think it went well with a blog about the Comedy Festival. It's a serious topic about a serious deal. I truly believe that the blog will be a bigger deal for others than it is to me at this point. I'm very happy with everything and the direction I'm headed.As for my lack of hours playing poker, I'm TOTALLY doing the right thing in every way. If you had "big things" going on in your life, the last thing you should be doing is playing high stakes poker. Instead, you deal with stuff, take it easy, avoid making any bad decisions, and when it's done, you come back like a Lion... the Lion returns at the Bellagio 5 Diamond in December...
Just win the flippin thing plsthxbye :club:

so there is a huge thread about this in nvg on 2+2 and everybody thinks that he is either getting divorced or is coming out of the closet or both. it actually wasn't very funny. i expect more from them.

Wouldn't take an hour, but no no call as of yet.I hope all is well for the man though, whatever he tells.Writing down things is kind of morbid. If you are right, is a "I guessed it" really valuable? and if you're wrong, then you have to live with looking like [b]a bigger loser than you already are[/b]. Lose/LoseBut I think he is voting for Guilani and is having a hard time admitting it.
I'm confused, was this one directed at me?
Well, of all the things he chose to deny, divorce, baby, or (ugh) coming out wasn't one of them. Interesting...
why is coming out "ugh". divorce is "ugh". having a baby could be "ugh", i don't know daniel personally so i cant say. but whats "ugh" about being gay?

Seriously though Daniel, I know you say you are playing good poker and you probably are but I would bet on the younger version of yourself over you today any day.Why? Technically you may be better now but you were hungrier then and a hungry poker player always has the advantage in my books. And you can't really say that losing $1.2 million in that one night at the Bellagio didn't affect you. It clearly did. Read your blogs before that loss and after. July 24 2006 was the date I believe. Before you were confident about playing in the big game. Have you ever played it in since? You clearly lost confidence that night and you must believe the players in that game had you figured out as a player at the time.

Seriously though Daniel, I know you say you are playing good poker and you probably are but I would bet on the younger version of yourself over you today any day.Why? Technically you may be better now but you were hungrier then and a hungry poker player always has the advantage in my books. And you can't really say that losing $1.2 million in that one night at the Bellagio didn't affect you. It clearly did. Read your blogs before that loss and after. July 24 2006 was the date I believe. Before you were confident about playing in the big game. Have you ever played it in since? You clearly lost confidence that night and you must believe the players in that game had you figured out as a player at the time.
Posts likes these are really annoying and silly, lol. It's as though you "think" you know me better than I do! If you bet on old me vs new me I'd crush old me bad, real bad. That loss didn't affect ME, it affected my BR! Since that time I've only played three times in the "big game," but the game doesn't even go anymore as people are playing online now. Since losing in the "big game" that one time I've won virtually all of it back in four sessions including a NL session at Bellagio. Plus I had a really good tournament run at the end of the year and beginning of the year. I've played less poker this year, but the reason for that has nothing to do with confidence or bankroll my dear boy, it has to do with being an experienced gambler and knowing when to take it easy
Posts likes these are really annoying and silly, lol. It's as though you "think" you know me better than I do!
It takes all the fun out of random speculation and punditry if the subject/object keeps popping our balloons! Of course we don't know you as well as you do... on the other hand, as Robbie Burns said, "no greater gift...than to see ourselves as others see us". You do get a lot of benefit, if you can ignore the ego bruises, from having people being brutally honest in how they perceive you. Of course, you also get some folks halfway up your alimentary canal. So, you're playing great poker, and you're an experienced and controlled gambler. You will never leave FCP. The handicappers are going to have a tough outing here. There are still a few bubbles you haven't popped, though...