Hsp 500k Episode, Part Tres

If Jamie really did put him on Aces then he deserves some serious credit for convincing Sammy to check
Gabe kept saying that with any other player, Sammy would have bet. So I think Jamie does deserve credit for getting him to check.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are giving Gold way too much credit. He was not controlling the hand, he was whining about the cooler of having KK when someone else had AA and he could NEVER fold KK.He kept looking to Barry for sympathy, and even I could here Barry thinking, please let a K come on the river to let Saammy feel my pain.

You guys are giving Gold way too much credit.
I never thought I'd see that in print. Gold getting too much credit? What a concept... He was practically crying for mercy, "enough, enough, it's enough" The show was horrifyingly bad, except for Doyle's quip about his father, and the one about Phil/Antonio.
I never thought I'd see that in print. Gold getting too much credit? What a concept... He was practically crying for mercy, "enough, enough, it's enough" The show was horrifyingly bad, except for Doyle's quip about his father, and the one about Phil/Antonio.
I also laughed when Gold and Farha where arguing over running it twice and Farha did not want to tell Gold what he had. After a while Doyle says" He's got queens, now run it"

Guy doesn't felt Benyamine in the next episode really. I mean, yes, the producers will show him getting felted by Guy in a huge pot that is supposedly in the 800k-1M range from what I heard. Also, there is supposedly a sidepot with a player already allin, but the guy who told me that doesn't really know poker that well (he just edited the hand). The controversy was, according to the editor, they had to edit out the conversation between Guy and Benyamine where they make a huge side deal to only play for 100k or so and pull back the rest of their money. Not sure how it's going to air eventually since Im sure it's much more exciting for the producers to actually show a massive pot. We'll see.

Finally watched it off my Tivo. My take was that everyone at the table knew what both players had, including Farha and Gold. Gold knew he was beat when Farha reraised blind on the flop that never happened. But he is not a good enough player to fold that hand. I think Doyle's comment about everyone going broke to Sammy was said just to comfort Gold because he is the rich fish at the table and nobody wants to piss him off and have him stop playing. But if this was PAD every player would have gone over to Shana and told her exactly what was going on.Even though Sammy is super loose, I think he gives away his hand - and Jamie's comments show that he knew what Sammy had, he just wouldn't follow his instincts - something you have to learn early in your career before you move up to the big game. Doyle gets away from that hand. (I don't, BTW)