Hsp 500k Episode, Part Tres

Personally, I'm disappointed in Sammy. The way the hand went is was obv that Jamie had KK/QQ. Checking on the river was cowardly and against the spirit of poker. You play to make money, not to be friendly. There no way he put him on a ten. He lost points in my book :club:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'm disappointed in Sammy. The way the hand went is was obv that Jamie had KK/QQ. Checking on the river was cowardly and against the spirit of poker. You play to make money, not to be friendly. There no way he put him on a ten. He lost points in my book :club:
Actually, I think the ten on the river is what made him finally check.Pre Flop Farha really could have anything so the raising blind by Gold is not too crazy vs waiting to see the flop and get away from it. I think originally Gold thought for sure he had the best hand and realized he didn't once Farha put in the 100 on the turn.Very poor editing .... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much time spent on it. The amount of hands played per episode is really getting annoying. Guy saying he had 10 6 was brutal! Gold didn't hear him either (based on his reaction whne told). Imagine if Guy had said it before Gold called (or bet ... can't remember) woulda changed everything completely.

I think the check check on the river was because the board paired possibly? Scared of trips or a boat? Gold's range of hands is pretty huge... and like people said Farha wasn't able to put Jamie on a hand.

This may really be the strangest hand I have seen in my life. Actually I thought the first half of it was really hilarious, I nearly fell off my chair laughing with all the "in the dark"-betting going on, but in the hand it got kinda annoying IMO, I still don't know how Jamie got Sammie to check that, sure it's easy to say when you see the holecards but wasn't it completely obvious by the turn what they had?

i cant wait to see a million dollar pot, esp when its a river 2 outer or something and someone screams 'omfg rigged'
i know, i cant wait to see a million dollar pot, then hear them discuss how many times they want to run it for 10 mins....then running the river 8 times and the loser of the hand taking a whopping $25k hit.that first hand was unbearable to watch....just shut the **** up and put the money in the middle.

I seem to remember a time when High Stakes Poker was entertaining, but that episode was about as much fun as watching 2girls1cup on repeat for 40 minutes and probably a little bit more disgusting too. Doyle just looks embarrassed to be there.

I seem to remember a time when High Stakes Poker was entertaining, but that episode was about as much fun as watching 2girls1cup on repeat for 40 minutes and probably a little bit more disgusting too. Doyle just looks embarrassed to be there.
maybe bme pain olympics would be more entertaining.

If Jamie really did put him on Aces then he deserves some serious credit for convincing Sammy to check

maybe bme pain olympics would be more entertaining.
Damn my inquisitive nature. Why the hell did I Google that? Fair enough, so in terms of disgust BME pain Olympics > HSP ep 13 > 2girls1cup.Now I'm off to be sick again.
.I think that Guy felts Benyamine in the next episode...
Hard to tell because we dont know the order of the hands they show... at the end when patrick pushes DB looks to have a ton of cash on the table still, so it really depends on when the hand takes place and if they chopped/ran it twice or even if he rebuys after.I guess we will have to wait till next week to find out, sammys stack at the end when he says call looks alot smaller too, but it could already be in the pot.
Jamie Gold is a ****in weasel.He knew that he was beat but was trying to act like he was being the good saint to Sammy and saving him money.Jamie knew he was beat there.
If Jamie knew he was beat (but still knew that he'd have to call bet), then surely doing all he can to get a free showdown is the right thing to do, and the most +EV,I think Barry played his hands kinda poorly and seemed to be a bit tilty. Not so sure if I agree with the statement Sammy is there for the taking. He has not been playing like an ultra fish or anything. He's not spewing chips.
...but I still really dig that woman from the Disaronno Commercial.
You're not talking about the one with the jacked up nose who sucks on the ice cube, are you? That chick has a horse face.

lol Farha plays soo bad I don't understand how he could not shove the river in the first hand, especially after Jamie called the 60k rereraise preflop, the chances of 10Js are much lower than KK. The only thing Farha could've been scared of was 10Js but if Jamie has either that hand or a set of 9s he's obv not gonna check the river unless he puts Farha on a pure bluff, but in that case he wouldn't say I CALL over and over again with essentially the nuts while Farha is thinking what to do. You could tell after the cards were flipped over Sammy was really pissed that Jamie "talked/begged" him out of at least another 100k river valuebet.

I had a headache before this episode and it is soooooooooooooooo much worse now. I'm not kidding this was painful to watch, I actually felt bad for Doyle and Barry.Pretty funny when he said if his dad heard he was loser in this game he would come out of his grave and smack him, LOL.
this show has definitely been pretty terrible lately.don't those tv guys know we want to see poker, not negotiation 101?and all the cash on the table, it looks so forced.ya, we get it, biggest cash game in tv history, blah, blah.use more chips. show more hands.