They're my choice to win it all this year. Collison is nasty, Shipp will fill in fine for Afflalo, and Love is going to be dirty.
I'm actually glad to see Afflalo gone. He was one of the most overrated college players I can remember.I can't even express my feelings about Kevin Love yet. Maybe later in the season I'll find a way to do that.

We look very good (obv Bruins fan), but we should know better after we play Maryland etc. I'd feel much better about the game if Collison was healthy, but Westbrook has been pretty solid in his absence, and there is no reason to rush Collison back this early. Love looks like the real deal, and his passing ability has been _very_ impressive.The Pac 10 is pretty f'n stacked this year though, so I can't see undefeated being realistic. I'd settle for 30 wins, and a #1 seed out west so we don't have to travel far until the Final 4. Plus, the west regionals are usualy held in Oakland or San Jose, so I can try and get out there for a game.

I'm actually glad to see Afflalo gone. He was one of the most overrated college players I can remember.
Meh, to me it wasn't a talent thing by any means, he just seemed to choke/not show up in big games. Seems like Detroit has found a place for him, if anything he is a good on the ball defender and can hit a jumper, which is getting harder and harder to find in the NBA.
So, he can't play man to man, can't shoot, and their is a plethora of those type of players in the NBA? :club:
Shooting in the NBA. It's very good contrary to the perception of some. Now if you were talking about the combination of Afflalo's D and ability to shoot I would agree it's hard to find, if he was actually that good at either aspect. I'm an Afflalo hater, I saw too many times when he disappeared as the level of competition improved.
Shooting in the NBA. It's very good contrary to the perception of some. Now if you were talking about the combination of Afflalo's D and ability to shoot I would agree it's hard to find, if he was actually that good at either aspect. I'm an Afflalo hater, I saw too many times when he disappeared as the level of competition improved.
One of my friends is a diehard UCLA basketball fan and pretty much feels the exact same way.
Oh, ok. I just wasn't sure which thing you disagreed with in my statement. You could be right; out of the 3 major sports in America, I admit that I follow the NBA less closely then the NFL/MLB, so I would be more likely to be influenced by what most people in the media believe etc.Meh it's hard for me to be an AA hater based on what type of person he seemed to be, but I agree on the disappearing thing. He seemed to get really down on himself too in those situations, and things would snowball.Is the Maryland game tonight or tomorrow? Any idea if that is an ESPN game? Opening another tab in IE and using google seems like a ton of work. :club:

Pac-10 looks like it might be the best conference in the country if all the preseason hype is to be believed. I don't see UCLA winning 30 games if the conference is as good as advertised. 27-28 wins and a #2 out West where they will get homecourt on the #1 seed... maybe Kansas.

Seriously who taught Kevin Love how to play basketball? That guy needs to teach every basketball player how to play. It's a good thing he's not very athletic or it wouldn't be fair.I really hope the Phoenix Suns don't use their Atlanta pick to get this guy in the draft. He would be great on their team.

Seriously who taught Kevin Love how to play basketball? That guy needs to teach every basketball player how to play. It's a good thing he's not very athletic or it wouldn't be fair.I really hope the Phoenix Suns don't use their Atlanta pick to get this guy in the draft. He would be great on their team.
Meh I only was able to watch the last 10 min of the 2nd half or so, and they were a little sloppy down the stretch. Annoying that I forgot about the game and didn't dvr it so I could have seen the 1st 30 min or so, when I presume they played well (when I turned it on they were up 17).
It's a good thing he's not very athletic or it wouldn't be fair.
Watching him run the floor was painful. But he is spectaculary sound fundamentally. Im not sure how well his game will translate to the NBA though.
uh oh, down 4 13:00 left. Just turned it on.
You should be happy you didn't watch the first 27 minutes...They looked horrible on offense, and the only bright side was getting MSU into foul trouble. Nice comeback win though, Westbrook was very good down the stretch, and Love continues to impress. Missing 3 scholarship players too, with Collison obv the best of them. Like Vitale pointed out, all these minutes Westbrook is getting will only help him later in the year.

****ing horrible loss. The slow start thing is getting kinda old as well...I didn't get Collison taking a quick jumper after Texas hit that 3 to cut it from 4 to 1, and I didn't like them holding to ball on their 2nd to last possesion possibly eliminating the chance at a 2 for 1 (although Texas did leave them plenty of time). Obv missed free throw at end cost us, but that last Texas dunk looked so sloppy/like travelling...Meh whatever. We'll be fine, but I hate losing, esp on a Sunday when I'm already on semi-tilt from poker.Our cheerleaders are still #1 though.

****ing horrible loss. The slow start thing is getting kinda old as well...I didn't get Collison taking a quick jumper after Texas hit that 3 to cut it from 4 to 1, and I didn't like them holding to ball on their 2nd to last possesion possibly eliminating the chance at a 2 for 1 (although Texas did leave them plenty of time). Obv missed free throw at end cost us, but that last Texas dunk looked so sloppy/like travelling...Meh whatever. We'll be fine, but I hate losing, esp on a Sunday when I'm already on semi-tilt from poker.Our cheerleaders are still #1 though.
QFTFunny story, I go to Indiana and a friend of mine is the top sports photographer for the paper and was able to go to Sacramento last year to shoot the Indiana-UCLA game. He got some very nice pictures of the UCLA cheerleaders.