Should I Go To Vegas? Alone?

I'm officially doing this sometime during December, I haven't been and I'm just going to go anyways even if I can't find anybody to come with me. I'm thinking 3, 4, or 5 days depending on how much money I spend. All im going to do is low buy in tourneys wherever, cash games at cooler places like Bellagio, then strip clubs and shows (Tom Jones still in town?)

I went alone to Vegas last summer for 5 days 4 nights. My wife was visiting friends in Chicago and I didnt want to waste the opportunity. Stayed at the Mirage. Lived off of room service and noodle bars. Played cards non stop. Best thing about going alone is that you can play tournaments and/or marathon sessions.Really there are three Vegases. (Vegi??) One, is vegas with your wife/fiance/gf. This is a vegas where you play some blackjack, hit clubs, go see shows, eat in the nice restaurants which are plentiful. (food in vegas is outstanding). Second vegas is with your buddies. This Vegas can include lots of table games, lots of bars, food, strippers and maybe even golf depending on your group. Another great vegas. problem with these two vegas is they dont jive with poker. it is just rude to abandon people for a real poker session because a real poker session is so long. It doesnt work right unless of course you go with a bunch of poker fanatics. that is where the third vegas comes in.....alone vegas. it seems lonely or lame but in reality it is a poker player's dream. I played in at least 10 poker rooms, many small and medium tournaments, tons of 1/2 and 2/5 NL games. It was WSOP time so I even got to play in a live PLO game (2/5 at the Rio) which is something I have been trying to find for a while. Cleaned up too. Only bad thing is it sucks to eat alone so I stuck to noodle bars, sandwich shops (Carnegie at Mirage, my homebase, was huge) and room service. Have fun.

. Stayed at the Mirage. Lived off of room service and noodle bars. Played cards non stop. Best thing about going alone is that you can play tournaments and/or marathon sessions.
What places do you recommend to go play low limit tournaments and/or cash games? Also where to avoid. I'm trying to set up a schedule of all the places I want to play.I found a link that shows every tournament that is going on in Vegas everyday. There is just so many to choose from I'm having trouble deciding which one's I have to go to
  • 3 weeks later...

uh.... i got ****ed up at the orleans bowling for beers and jack and cokes at 9pm, with random people. Loser pays for drinks. I didnt lose a game. Ended up across the street at seemless (a adult establishment) and proceeded to stay there until 7am, blow 450 bucks and still get up to play a 10am poker tourney at the Luxor. My wallet hates the boob bar.thats my alone vegas story

Hmmm the OP hasnt been back to the forums since Nov 18 the day he left for Vegas. He was obviously murdered in Vegas. Let this be a lesson dont go to Vegas alone.RIP Byrsh :club:
prolly had a good time though. hopefully, lol.
prolly had a good time though. hopefully, lol.
Lol, I play at the orleans bowling alley once a week pretty much. Somehow there are always at least 100 asians out of the 110 people there. I still don't understand that.
Lol, I play at the orleans bowling alley once a week pretty much. Somehow there are always at least 100 asians out of the 110 people there. I still don't understand that.
Its funny cause I go to vegas quite a bit. I wanted to do something different. I started bowling by myself and these guys came up and anted to play for drinks and or money (and they were asian). Thats when I said, lets play for drinks. they obliged. so thats what happened to me. good think saki wasnt served there or else I wouldnt be here to tell about it. LOL
Coming to a poker forum to ask this question is like going to the Christian forum to ask if you should go to church.
This analogy was so awesomley on the spot it was uh.... er..... awesome?
Hmmm the OP hasnt been back to the forums since Nov 18 the day he left for Vegas. He was obviously murdered in Vegas. Let this be a lesson dont go to Vegas alone.RIP Byrsh :club:
Must have stayed at Imperial Palace...