Poker StarsLimit Omaha Hi-Lo Ring gameLimit: $1/$210 playersConverterPre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP1 with 2 :) 3 :D 6 :club: 4 :) UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, 2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB checks.Flop: 5 :D 8 :D K :icon_dance: (5SB, 5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, CO calls, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls.Turn: 6 :) (4BB, 3 players)UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, CO calls, UTG+1 calls.River: 3 :D (7BB, 3 players)UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, CO calls, UTG+1 folds.Results:Final pot: 9BBjust trying to learn some new things. any thoughts?

Can you explain the reasoning behind playing this very mediocre hand in mediocre position please, so that we can better assess the line to take against these particular opponents (I assume that the playstyle of your opponents is at least part of the reason you played the hand in the first place).

Can you explain the reasoning behind playing this very mediocre hand in mediocre position please, so that we can better assess the line to take against these particular opponents (I assume that the playstyle of your opponents is at least part of the reason you played the hand in the first place).
you would be wrong.i didn't have any reads other than they all suck.
lmao. perfect response. Only issue I have with the hand is the river bet: you aren't getting anyone to fold a better low, or fold a better high, and we aren't good either way often enough here to justify building the pot.
Only issue I have with the hand is the river bet: you aren't getting anyone to fold a better low, or fold a better high, and we aren't good either way often enough here to justify building the pot.
Agreed - It's a bet that certainly only gets raised by better hands, and if anyone calls you're at best getting half. No point in risking getting raised or building a split pot just to get less than your money back after it's raked.
Well, Ive heard somewhere that you shouldn't play hands like this in the first place, so since you cant seem to justify playing it, i'll ignore pre-flop and just assume you had to post with it. Lol.Flop is fine. Turn is fine. River is a check-call to one bet. Re-evaluate if facing two or more(depends on where the raising comes from).

preflop is fine. 2346 isn't junky at all unless you're at a table where a bunch of limps means that the aces are all taken and you won't be seeing one very often at all.that said, you pretty much bricked this flop, and i'm c/fing the flop, and then turn unless the pot somehow got big and i managed to get there. this isn't the sort of board where you can reasonably expect a bet or two to take it down, so just get out and move on to the next hand.by the time you get to the river, betting out is just fine, but betting before your hand gets made in spots like this is a leak. it's hard to get reads on your opponents here because you took charge of the hand, but sometimes c/cing the river, betting out, or even c/fing (albeit the latter pretty rarely) would be correct depending on the action to that point.

how are some of you saying the flop is fine? he has nothing on that flop. betting there is very bad.oh and rocketwadster - hands like this are actually some of my favorites. they don't hit often, but when you do hit with them against bad players you tend to get paid off huge. if this was pot limit i would actually raise preflop after two limpers because i want to start getting at their stacks.think of them like small pocket pairs in holdem. they are good for isolating people (like three betting a mp open raiser with 77 from the button) or multiway and scooping a huge pot (like playing for set value).

With position, I would agree with you, but in bad position, I think they are a no-no (in PL and NL). In limit, no problem at all playing them regardless of position. I just think they are more of a drain on your bankroll over time. Yes, you will make some money on favorable boards against certain opponents, but will it necessarily offset all the times you miss completely?

I like playing hands like this, because you have 3 to a wheel, and a 6. The 6 is key for when you and another player make a wheel, and you take 3/4 off them. It's weird though, because with a hand like this you need more people in the pot to make it worthwhile, however when more people are in the pot, then it's more likely they have aces, and we'll brick most flops.That is IMO the main reason why it's a better hand to have on the button, so you can see how many limpers and aces are probably out. That said, I'm an action junky, and confident with post flop skills, so I'll play this hand almost all the time.

PF hand selection was fine and it's confusing that people would disagree with it... I don't know how tight they expect people to play. If it was 2348 or 234J then I would say lay it down, but getting good use out of all 4 cards is enough justification at those limits and in that position with a limper in front of you. I'm used to playing 4/8 live against some crazy people so I know that 1/2 online HAS to be passive loose... right?After seeing the flop, I would probably c/f... why? you have to hit good good to maybe be able to scoop. 7/9ths of your hand is decided on the flop and it's cheap to find out what your hand is, how good you are comparatively, and what you're up against. Chasing for cards after the flop with that much weakness is dangerous. You got very lucky that the people calling you down weren't holding onto A2 A3 (which is much more likely then what ended up happening). Your high draw was pretty crappy, too.A couple of things that worked in your favor.... flop was rainbow, flop was uncoordinated, and you were taking charge of the hand. The turn and river bets make me nervous if it wasn't for the fact that you were the aggressor. Do this hand in the same way 10 more times and I see you getting popped on 4th and 5th street and our hand is not strong enough to desire a raise.Sorry about the long winded review :-P