The hand from HSP. For those unaware, the action went something like this (specific figures may be wrong):Antonius - ~500kGold - ~370k - KdKsPA raised to 4kGold reraised in position to 12kPA calledFLOP: 3sTdQh (pot 30k)PA checkedGold bet 15kPA calledTURN: [3TQ] Kh (pot 60k)PA bet 45kGold???I'm sure most know what PA holds, but obviously we're trying to be unbiased.So what do you do here if your Gold?

Considering Patrik is only leading the turn with a made hand, this turn lead by Patrik is essentially a "value bet" while leading out on the turn , with all the action previous in the hand, the only thing Patrik could be doing was to try and maximize value. Now Gold obviously had a decision to make, call or raise, but simply, with Gold's level of thinking and play, there was no was he wasn't raising there.

The hand from HSP. For those unaware, the action went something like this (specific figures may be wrong):Antonius - ~500kGold - ~370k - KdKsPA raised to 4kGold reraised in position to 12kPA calledFLOP: 3sTdQh (pot 30k)PA checkedGold bet 15kPA calledTURN: [3TQ] Kh (pot 60k)PA bet 45kGold???I'm sure most know what PA holds, but obviously we're trying to be unbiased.So what do you do here if your Gold?
Bet $120K

I fold my cards face up. My superior levels of hand reading leads me to believe that Patrik has AJ and i'm a 3 to 1 underdog.

I fold my cards face up. My superior levels of hand reading leads me to believe that Patrik has AJ and i'm a 3 to 1 underdog.
lol I haven't seen this particular episode, but if this is what happened, that'd be hysterical. Would Patrik really float OOP with AJ? I'm thinking Patrik has a lower set.
lol I haven't seen this particular episode, but if this is what happened, that'd be hysterical. Would Patrik really float OOP with AJ? I'm thinking Patrik has a lower set.
I haven't seen it either, just taking a wild stab in the dark.I wish
Both these posts made me chuckle

This thread would have been so much cooler if you had posted it as a serious Strat question. No indication that it was linked to HSP. Just knock the "k" off of the Chip Stacks and see how people responded

I think they both played it fine.Gold's turn overbet is OK considering he's Gold. If I make that overbet, I might not get paid by worse hands, but I believe that Gold will.

Gold doesn't have an useful image against anyone who's good because he's so obvious and wouldn't be audacious enough to bluff that level.

Gold doesn't have an useful image against anyone who's good because he's so obvious and wouldn't be audacious enough to bluff that level.
I agree. I think the only reason Patrick can call is because he knows that Gold has a big hand and if he flops/turns big he can bust him. That's why Doyle laid down the 10 high flush to Golds 9 high flush. He read Gold as strong, and Gold indeed thought he was strong, and there weren't many flushes he could beat, so he made the correct fold against Gold's range IMO. It was pretty clear that Gold was out of his element in that game.
I think they both played it fine.Gold's turn overbet is OK considering he's Gold. If I make that overbet, I might not get paid by worse hands, but I believe that Gold will.
It was played alright I guess. Gold's turn bet was a little sketchy. I really think that he just didn't know what he was supposed to do there and he shoved figuring that he knew he'd have outs on the rare occasions when he was behind. That's how it seemed anyway. When he was thinking, I got the distinct impression that he thought that he might be behind in the hand, but that he couldn't just call the bet and he didn't know what raise to make.
I agree. I think the only reason Patrick can call is because he knows that Gold has a big hand and if he flops/turns big he can bust him. That's why Doyle laid down the 10 high flush to Golds 9 high flush. He read Gold as strong, and Gold indeed thought he was strong, and there weren't many flushes he could beat, so he made the correct fold against Gold's range IMO. It was pretty clear that Gold was out of his element in that game.
That hand was pretty standard from Jamie's end. I think his turn raise is a little large and was probably a mistake, but it turned out to be a great move.I mean, he calls so lightly and floats so much in and OOP and everyone knows this, so their ranges are way wider too. From Doyle's end it was also really straight forward. He KNEW Jamie had a flush and Jamie thought he had the best hand (not unreasonable considering the action) and decided to raise Doyle's overbet on the turn when I am pretty sure he bet 25k into a 20k pot. Doyle's hand just can't stand a lot of heat there.Really, I think that's a more interesting hand. With Doyle having the T8 and Jamie being confident, Doyle folded because Jamie had really the only flush combination (97ss) that was lower than Doyle's (T8ss) that was really playable and was big enough to be confident in. I don't think Jamie makes that raise with 45ss, but or 67ss or something and there are way more Axss combos and then the J9ss combo for Jamie to have. Also, it's only the turn and if Jamie has a flush, he's obv betting the river and Doyle's hand can't really take calling 2 big bets when you read your opponent and he feels he's got the best hand.
Am I the only one who likes Jamie Gold?
I really like him. He is an genuinely nice as he seems on TV too. I played 10/20 NL with him at the Bellagio earlier this year while he was waiting for his 25/50 seat. He's a lot of fun and played almost every hand at 10/20, so you can imagine how that went down.
That's why Doyle laid down the 10 high flush to Golds 9 high flush. He read Gold as strong, and Gold indeed thought he was strong, and there weren't many flushes he could beat, so he made the correct fold against Gold's range IMO.
Reading your opponent is useless without understanding his interpretation of his own position in the hand.
I'm I the only one who likes Jamie Gold?
I use to hate him but he just plays a different style than most. He plays metagame really well against your average businessman fish from LA but at this table his little tricks.Now I think I like him, he is clearly trying to bluff off this money so people will give him action in sides games for ever. In conclusion I don't know if I like him or not, but I think he isn't as dumb as he looks. I do want to see Guy felt everyone though.Also I thought I hated Antonio but I don't after High Stakes. I liked Phil Lakk before High Stakes Poker, now I think he is kind of annoying.
I'm I the only one who likes Jamie Gold?
I like him too, he can hold his own, which is not easy. Even tho so many people hate him, he's probably the best main event winner out of the last 5. Raymer being a slight exception. although Gold might even be a better overall holdem player than raymer.
Really, I think that's a more interesting hand. With Doyle having the T8 and Jamie being confident, Doyle folded because Jamie had really the only flush combination (97ss) that was lower than Doyle's (T8ss) that was really playable and was big enough to be confident in. I don't think Jamie makes that raise with 45ss, but or 67ss or something and there are way more Axss combos and then the J9ss combo for Jamie to have. Also, it's only the turn and if Jamie has a flush, he's obv betting the river and Doyle's hand can't really take calling 2 big bets when you read your opponent and he feels he's got the best hand.
I completely agree. At first when I saw the hand I was shocked, but the more I thought about it the more I realized that Doyle actually makes a really good fold there in that situation with the really deep stacks everyone has. Oh and I like Jamie Gold as a person though. I knew a guy like him once, very confident and outgoing to the point of seeming too much sometimes, but one of the nicest guys you'll meet if you get to know him. But if you just view him at a distance its easy to thing he's just an arrogant ass.