Official Firearms Thread

I did, just got the ship confirmation yesterday (much quicker than I had anticipated). and yeah, it's a pretty long one, but I opted for highest capacity possible instead of maneuverability. those are more likely to be banned/better against zombies (more likely to use my pistol for home defense anyways). and yeah I already ordered a pistol grip and bandolier sling, and I already have a flashlight rail adapter for it. past that there's probably not a lot more to do. maybe one of those side holsters that hold another 6 rounds or something, but those are more expensive than they should be so I don't know.

yep, private seller and be prepared to pay like $3k. I doubt any store has any more in stock. really your only hope at this point is that the house keeps any gun control bill from passing. and I don't think that's at all likely.

Nah, it's not that bad yet. People are definitely gouging on lowers, but I've been seeing them go for $700-900 where they should rightfully be selling for $150-200.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being a Winnner is like playing with the cheat codes on.

Ouc, I cant see an image but I assume its just a stripped lower?       Buy a fire control group, which has the trigger, hammer, disconnector, safety, and the pins and springs. I like DPMS parts. S

I take it back. She's flippin' gorgeous!   http://i.imgur.com/f38kVtJ.jpg       Boooooo, I don't know the code to make that show up as a pic instead of a link.

I filled out the background check last Saturday thinking it'd take a few days to get cleared, no biggie. My local gun shop received my gun today but the background check is still in queue. He said it's taking 8 days. Still not a big deal because I may not be able to get .223 rounds anyway. I got a text today that a local feed/seed store got in 600 rounds but it'll probably be gone by the time I get off work. LOL @ me.

where in the world do you live? I've never had a background check take more than 20 minutes or so. I hope they aren't really that backed up...?

Yep, when he called to tell me know he had the gun he said there were still 12K people in front of me. The gun was purchased from a pawn/gun shop in Georgia(i'm in CO) and I paid about 30% more than it would have been the week before my purchase. Now they've doubled in price. Guess I was just ahead of the freak out.

Early this month I got another gun and it took me about an hour from deciding to buy to leaving the store.

god damn it. that means when I finally get my shotgun in I'll still have to wait another damn week and a half. stupid school shooters ruining my life.

hmm, on further inspection though when I googled background check backlog a few articles came up but they were all about colorado. so it might just be your state background system is the one backed up. hopefully va is still running smoothly. I'm sure nobody in va is trying to buy a gun now.

You should go to your gun shop and fill it out now!

Is my shops $25 FFL transfer fee about the standard price?

edit: I'm not falling for that. Well, maybe I will but it's quitin' time and I'm gotta get to the feed and seed.

buds gun shop said that the place I had it shipped to charged 22.50 so that does sound about right. and yeah, I wonder if I can do that, go in early. not sure you can do that without the actual gun you're buying on premises though. might call them monday.

You should go to your gun shop and fill it out now!

Is my shops $25 FFL transfer fee about the standard price?

edit: I'm not falling for that. Well, maybe I will but it's quitin' time and I'm gotta get to the feed and seed.

A $25 transfer fee is extremely reasonable. Most everyone private around here charges $35-50, and Gander Mountain wanted $75 when I asked them about having a special order shipped to them for transfer.

• 2 weeks later...

oh, forgot to do updates. finally came in this monday and I picked it up tuesday. really impressed so far. really smooth action, not as long and cumbersome as I thought it might be, and really nice looking. the rails aren't uncomfortable or in the way either. I'll take pics this weekend

can't find anything but birdshot to shoot though. damn near every round of ammunition in the country is sold out

oh, and my background check only took like ten minutes. boom.

Oh shriek.....you're in NY too right?

You carry concealed right?

Are you gonna carry an extra mag?

Was your mag capacity law at 10 so you already carried an extra mag?

Who the freak has 7 round mags?

Who the freak came up with the magic 7 number?

at least this guy gets it:

http://youtu.be/2rRSUEaLKvA

Oh shriek.....you're in NY too right?

You carry concealed right?

Are you gonna carry an extra mag?

Was your mag capacity law at 10 so you already carried an extra mag?

Who the freak has 7 round mags?

Who the freak came up with the magic 7 number?

Yes, Rochester NY.

Occasionally but not regularly. I carry on my person when I'm walking in the city, which isn't often. I should carry everyday, but it's forbidden in my office and kind of a hassle transferring all the time.

My primary carry is a 5-shot revolver, and I carry a speedloader for it.

Yes, was already 10 rounds. I have many 10-rd mags for my P229. Thankfully they're grandfathered in...but according to the law I'm not allowed to load more than 7 rounds into them (for whatever kind of idiot sense that makes).

Some pistols have 7 rounds or less capacity (usually the single-stack pocket pistols, and some 1911 variants). I would imagine by this time next year 7-round NY Legal options will be available, but right now there's nothing.

Clearly someone who has no idea how to write an effective law aimed at actually doing anything to prevent crime. All this law does is screw with those of us who actually care to follow the law. And let me tell you, that number shrank by a couple million NY citizens on Monday.

Oh, and I applauded Greg Ball when he made that statement on Monday night. One of only two Republican Senators to actually stand up and say "this is bullshit".

There was a lot more testicle shown in the NY Assembly the next day, though to be fair the Assemblymen who stood up to debate the bill actually had some time to read it...not just "here's the printed bill, we're voting in twenty minutes in the middle of the night".

Google "Steve Katz" "Steve McLaughlin" and "Tony Jordan" if you'd like to see some of the very good arguments put forward in the Assembly.

I think the state should take away your kids and throw you in jail for a minimum of 6 years.

handgunlaw.us is the best resource I've found for tracking down different state laws. Always check with your state's website obv.

"With limited exceptions, California law prohibits any person from manufacturing, importing into the state, keeping for sale, offering or exposing for sale, giving, or lending any large capacity magazine. Cal. Penal Code § 16740. A "large capacity magazine" is defined as any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than ten rounds, but does not include any .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device, any feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than ten rounds, or any tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action firearm. PC Section 16740. California does not ban the possession of large capacity magazines."

edit: Apparently I can't read. Looks like you're good but you can't ever sell those mags in your state.

For my Smith and Wesson 9MM I have 12 round clips, they came with the gun when it was purchased 20+ years ago. Any idea if this is an issue?

I don't know what state you live in, but if it's New York then yes, it's an issue. Anything over 10 rounds won't be legal in NY anymore, doesn't matter when they were made.

RE: 7 round mags.

The bill I read stated that 10 rd mags were still legal to possess but could not be filled past 7 rds.

I mean... there's just no way that anybody with an IQ over 20 can honestly believe that will stop any crime whatsoever, can they? it's on the level of those "you can't pet your donkey on tuesdays if it's raining" laws. jesus.

I mean... there's just no way that anybody with an IQ over 20 can honestly believe that will stop any crime whatsoever, can they? it's on the level of those "you can't pet your donkey on tuesdays if it's raining" laws. jesus.

They're just using Newtown to further the agenda...which is disarming the public. They know full well they can't get guns out of the hands of criminals and they don't care, that's not what this legislation is about. If they cared about crime, they would be going after illegal handguns, which are used in 90% of all gun-related violence. But, that's hard and stuff, and it's easier to say you're doing something and disarm law-abiding people because we're such a soft target. Or at least we were.