Official Firearms Thread

It's a Smith Model 629..44 Magnum with 8-3/8" barrel in stainless steel.
good lord, the .44. my wrist gets enough punishment as it is, I don't know if it could handle that.
  • Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being a Winnner is like playing with the cheat codes on.

Ouc, I cant see an image but I assume its just a stripped lower?       Buy a fire control group, which has the trigger, hammer, disconnector, safety, and the pins and springs. I like DPMS parts. S

I take it back. She's flippin' gorgeous!   http://i.imgur.com/f38kVtJ.jpg       Boooooo, I don't know the code to make that show up as a pic instead of a link.

I don't even like to shoot my .44 It's just fo show
I would imagine. shooting my .357 is bad enough with the kick, although I think it would be better with a 360 degree covered hand grip. the one I have is like the one above where the metal of the handle is still exposed on the back. pinches like a bitch.
I would imagine. shooting my .357 is bad enough with the kick, although I think it would be better with a 360 degree covered hand grip. the one I have is like the one above where the metal of the handle is still exposed on the back. pinches like a bitch.
I've got a Super Black Hawk that is a beast to get a hold of. Kind of like yours if you aint carefull it will pinch the shit outa you.

It came with wood grips. They really beat the crap out of your hands!I got the gun when I was 18. I had a friend buy it for me. He had one just like it, but in nickel. We used to go to the range where all the cops would shoot their little .38s. They would come over to check out what was making all the noise and ask us if they could shoot our guns. One of the cops gave me a 1" orange dot to put on the target. I sent it out and proceded to do the best six shot grouping in my life! I had all six in less than a 4" circle with one dead center. I quit shooting and let the cops spray bullets all over the target. :club: We always declined to shoot their .38s.Shooting bowling pins is fun with big hand guns.I had a chancet to shoot a .454 Casull. That's a fun gun! It's only a five shot revolver.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.454_Casull

So I watched a show about the green berets this weekend in which a significant amount of time discussed arms utilized by SF operators. They mentioned the HK416 as the new carbine of choice over the M4, so of course my curiousity was piqued. Sounds interesting.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_HK416

XM8 - Is slated to replace the M16. I just found this, thought it was cool, and I don't know anything else about it.www.murdoconline.net/archives/000905.html
They mention the XM8 in there a bit as well. But according to the following article, it sounds as if the XM (XM29 which begat the XM8) project may be shelved until materials tech advances enough to overcome weight issues.http://www.armytimes.com/news/2007/02/atCarbine070219/
The major problem with XM29 is that the combined weight of the carbine, airburst launcher and fire-control system was six to eight pounds heavier than the goal of a 10- to 12-pound system.“So in addition to costing more than we wanted to pay and being bigger and bulkier and not meeting weight, the technology wasn’t there,” said Stone.One Army general tried to salvage the stagnated program by developing the components of XM29 separately. Ret. Gen. James Moran transformed the XM29’s carbine into the XM8, a new family of small arms intended to replace the M16 family.After spending three years and $33 million, the Army canceled the program in October 2005 amid mounting opposition in the joint world.
So I watched a show about the green berets this weekend in which a significant amount of time discussed arms utilized by SF operators. They mentioned the HK416 as the new carbine of choice over the M4, so of course my curiousity was piqued. Sounds interesting.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_HK416
It is only available to government and military organizations currently, but there are plans for a semi-automatic civilian version, the MR223, to be released in 2008.
great. something else I have to start saving money for.
great. something else I have to start saving money for.
The good news, is that the HK 416 upper will work on AR lowers. So we wouldn't need to purchase the entire carbine. Though I don't know for sure that HK will maintain that kind of modular adaptability in the civilian version when it hits the US market. But it seems like it would be a giant pain in the bottom line for them to modify the design to change that capability.
Just picked this up......45 Ruger Vaquero.....cheap too.vaqlh.jpg
Very nice.My dad loves those. He's got two with faux ivory grips in a double cross draw rig. Yeah, he wants to be Doc Holiday or somethin.
Very nice.My dad loves those. He's got two with faux ivory grips in a double cross draw rig. Yeah, he wants to be Doc Holiday or somethin.
I'm gonna keep snake shot in this one. I'm tired of running up on those buggers unarmed.
Just picked this up......45 Ruger Vaquero.....cheap too.vaqlh.jpg
I'm a total revolver know-nothing, so forgive me, I'm an auto guy:What is the purpose for the spring under the barrell? Something to dampen recoil?
I'm a total revolver know-nothing, so forgive me, I'm an auto guy:What is the purpose for the spring under the barrell? Something to dampen recoil?
I believe it's to eject spent shells.Let me go look.

Yeah it's to assist in ejecting spent shells. When the gun is all clean and shiny the shells drop out fairly easy. But, at the range after a couple hundred rounds it helps pull em outta the muck.And...

Guns suck.
So does your mom. To completion I might add.
Only when someone else has one and you don't.
QFT
Yeah it's to assist in ejecting spent shells. When the gun is all clean and shiny the shells drop out fairly easy. But, at the range after a couple hundred rounds it helps pull em outta the muck.
Gotcha, thanks.
  • 2 weeks later...
Hank/Shakehttp://rustyland.com/Check out this website, this is a big drinking/fourwheeling/shooting/camping weekend my buddy does every year. You guys would love it. I have not been in a couple years, but its pretty fun.
Holy shit !My kind of people. Damn shame it's a in freakin California.
Hank/Shakehttp://rustyland.com/Check out this website, this is a big drinking/fourwheeling/shooting/camping weekend my buddy does every year. You guys would love it. I have not been in a couple years, but its pretty fun.
thatlooksawesome.
  • 1 month later...

Watched Shooter with the old man the other day and we were trying to figure out what the rifle was that he had in the AGs office toward the end of the flick.Shooter032.jpgSo I went to this website to look it up and found this rifle, which sounds and looks pretty amazing.They did a piece about it on FutrueWeapons too.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpRHdjBj5ZII bet it's 10 bucks a shot though given that it's a proprietary bullet.

oh I JUST saw that episode of future weapons yesterday over at my buddy's house. we both agreed that we must have one. what was it, like 2500 yards away that he made a shot with it? something ridiculous like that.

oh I JUST saw that episode of future weapons yesterday over at my buddy's house. we both agreed that we must have one. what was it, like 2500 yards away that he made a shot with it? something ridiculous like that.
Yeah. 2530 yards. The ~900 yard still went through the steel plate. But I think the grouping and penetration (huhuhuh penetration) on the night shoot at 600 yards was jaw droppingly awesome.Dad said he did some looking and the civilian model is around 10k.
  • 3 weeks later...