I was playing a $2-$10 spread limit cash game this past weekend when my Q10 got counterfeited on a board just like that after betting $10 on every street. I bet out $10 on the river, just in case the old lady in the hand with me didn't notice that the board was the nuts, and this other guy at the table, after I bet and before the lady acted, get's all pissy that I was "ridiculous for wasting time with a bet on that board".I've seen players fold in these situations too often in low limit cash games not to try. Especially when I have nothing to lose and the pot to gain if the other player(s) aren't paying attention and told the blow hard this after the hand.What would you do, bet for the off chance they do fold or just check to "speed up the game"?

I was playing a $2-$10 spread limit cash game this past weekend when my Q10 got counterfeited on a board just like that after betting $10 on every street. I bet out $10 on the river, just in case the old lady in the hand with me didn't notice that the board was the nuts, and this other guy at the table, after I bet and before the lady acted, get's all pissy that I was "ridiculous for wasting time with a bet on that board".I've seen players fold in these situations too often in low limit cash games not to try. Especially when I have nothing to lose and the pot to gain if the other player(s) aren't paying attention and told the blow hard this after the hand.What would you do, bet for the off chance they do fold or just check to "speed up the game"?
I've actually called someone an idiot for betting the river, it was HU and the pot was like $10 and they bet $40 into it, board AKQJT rainbow , and I'm like you idiot, I'm never folding, you just increased the rake for both of us.
Only dumb if the rake isnt maxed

I always do it in a tournament. It gets me upset that people will criticize you for it. The very first day I played for real money on Party Poker in a $5 sit and go a royal flush came on the board and I bet two other people out. You also cannot fully trust those hand updates.

Me too. I hate the "table know it all" who then critisizes the play, thus enlightening the idiot who folded.In your case, I would have asked the dealer to reprimand the guy for commenting on a hand while it's in play. I'm a bitch like that :club:
Too bad she didn't have aces, she would have danced around and then come back to the table and re-raised...
Second most annoying moment of the entire WSOP.(It almost wins just because of her ULTRA annoying voice - but Yang and that other babe doing the "Pray Off" during the Main Event is #1)
Second most annoying moment of the entire WSOP.(It almost wins just because of her ULTRA) annoying voice - but Yang and that other babe doing the "Pray Off" during the Main Event is #1)
We will one day probably view the "Pray off" as the "Dark Ages" of poker.
Me too. I hate the "table know it all" who then critisizes the play, thus enlightening the idiot who folded.In your case, I would have asked the dealer to reprimand the guy for commenting on a hand while it's in play. I'm a bitch like that :club:
Which is why we love you so!!!!
I'd fold, don't want to be risking all your chips there in case it isn't a chopped pot. You can't lose what you don't put in the middle.
I'm writing this one down. Can I use it in my book?
I'm writing this one down. Can I use it in my book?
Is it a Novel about an Old Guy teaching a Young guy about THE GAME and perhaps a little somethig about LIFE IN GENERAL with long drawn out (but AUTHENTIC!) dialogue which you've picked up in over 50 years of living THE LIFE on the road and will you then try and incoroprate that style (and references to said book) into all of your future postings?
Beth Shak gives private lessons, just fyi :)Mark
Boy is that lobbing up a softball for Gen. Poker.You may want to specify that they are poker-related. just sayin.Unless they aren't poker-related, in that case, disregard.
I've actually called someone an idiot for betting the river, it was HU and the pot was like $10 and they bet $40 into it, board AKQJT rainbow , and I'm like you idiot, I'm never folding, you just increased the rake for both of us.
Only dumb if the rake isnt maxed
Definitely agree obv. In this case, the rake was 10%/$3 max and we had reached the max rake after the flop betting.
Well it's a pretty standard fold against Men the Master, he probably has ace-king and an ace up his sleeve, giving him the full house.
Or a horse at the table that will slide on of his aces to him.

the guy in seat 3 this hand was Teddy Adalis, the guy who went into day 2 as the chipleader and busted a few hours later.testament to how good foxwoods players are...