• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi. i started this thread and completely forgot about it. Some interesting talk the last few pages. I'd still like to see the Jays pull something off to improve. I'm not convinced they'll hit enough to contend, but their pitching should keep them in games.Too bad the winter meetings turned out to be the biggest dud ever

hi. i started this thread and completely forgot about it. Some interesting talk the last few pages. I'd still like to see the Jays pull something off to improve. I'm not convinced they'll hit enough to contend, but their pitching should keep them in games.Too bad the winter meetings turned out to be the biggest dud ever
I doubt the Tigers and Marlins thought it was a dud.
I doubt the Tigers and Marlins thought it was a dud.
Everyone knew Cabrera was going to be dealt. Other than that deal, the meetings didn't live up to expectations. Hopefully some groundwork was laid for the upcoming six weeks or so until pitchers/catchers.
  • 4 weeks later...

Johan to the Mets is really heating back up. The buzz right now is stronger than it has been over the past few weeks. It seems that the Mets including Fernando Martinez in the trade is what is holding it up. Johan also wants to be traded before pitchers and catchers report. i dont think its gonna happen though and if it does I expect the Yankees to swoop in at the last minute and give Minnesota what they want and make the deal.

I just wish the damn thing would get done. God damn soap opera
I feel the same way. I wouldnt be surprised if it dragged out until the all star break though.

cross posted from the Cincinnati Reds thread

There are a lot of rumors floating around that the Reds could be a suitor for Erik Bedard, but they would most likely have to give up Homer Bailey and Jay Bruce to get him. That aside if Bedard does land in Cincinnati that starting rotation has the potential of being lethal, and the Reds could probably be considered the favorite in the NL Central.
  • 2 weeks later...

From what I have read...The Bedard to the M's trade for prospect Adam Jones is done pending Jone's physical...Johan will be traded in the next 10 days...

• 10 months later...

Time to bump this back up.Renteria goes to the Giants, Laird to the Tigers, Vazquez to Atlanta.Lots of free agents out there this season and plenty of trade talk going on this week in Vegas.I love the baseball offseason.

Time to bump this back up.Renteria goes to the Giants, Laird to the Tigers, Vazquez to Atlanta.Lots of free agents out there this season and plenty of trade talk going on this week in Vegas.I love the baseball offseason.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLI <3 Sabean so much.Furcal turned down Oakland's 4 year/40m offer, which makes little to no sense considering almost all of his suitors are out of the running now. Maybe he is thinking he will come back to LA for a 1-2 year deal and more money, but I have no problem with the Dodgers going w/ Berroa next year (with Hu and DeJesus waiting in the wings).Once CC signs, it will start a chain reaction throughout the league and a lot of deals will get done.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLI <3 Sabean so much.Furcal turned down Oakland's 4 year/40m offer, which makes little to no sense considering almost all of his suitors are out of the running now. Maybe he is thinking he will come back to LA for a 1-2 year deal and more money, but I have no problem with the Dodgers going w/ Berroa next year (with Hu and DeJesus waiting in the wings).Once CC signs, it will start a chain reaction throughout the league and a lot of deals will get done.
Trust me, you are not OK with that. He stinks. You might be OK with it now, but come May when he has 1 walk, and 10 errors on routine plays, you will not be OK with it.
Trust me, you are not OK with that. He stinks. You might be OK with it now, but come May when he has 1 walk, and 10 errors on routine plays, you will not be OK with it.
Heh, he was our SS for the better part of last year and was surprisingly ok (which was better then I expected). He obviously can't hit, but he was solid in the field and a good guy in the clubhouse. I of course would rather have someone with a much better bat, but none of the other options are that attractive. Orlando Cabrerra would be decent, but I def did not want to spend 19.5m/2 years for Renteria, and was happy to see the Giants took him off the market. Furcal would be fine if he settles for a short term deal, but I don't want to see him get a 4 year deal from the Dodgers.Hu just can't seem to hit MLB pitching, and really looks lost up there. I haven't had a chance to see DeJesus Jr. play much, but hopefully he develops into someone that can at least put up respectable numbers from that position. If we re-sign Manny (or somehow replace him with equal offensive punch in the lineup), then I would be ok playing an all glove/no bat guy at SS, but if our lineup is back to pre-Manny ineptness, then someone like Berroa/Hu might drag their offense down even further and I'd agree with you. The Dodgers have a ton of holes at this point though and I really don't have a good feel for what their plan is. Once CC signs with whomever, I think things clear up a bit for them, but still they will be losing (most likely): Furcal, Kent, Lowe, Penny, possibly Manny, Pierre & Andruw want to be traded (pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee one time), Nomar, possibly Casey Blake, etc etc. That's a lot of holes to fill....
i seriously hope someone will slit sabeans throat, or he gets ****ing plowed by a bus doing 80. what's this about colletti saying that the dodgers are in the hunt for cc? can they land him?
Wow, busy today. K-Rod to the Mets, Wood to the Indians, Ramon Hernandez for Freel.
And the Dodgers signed Casey Blake and Mark Loretta...not Manny or CC, but at least our infield is a bit more set now. Loretta will be the primary backup, prob play a lot against lefties at 2b instead of DeWitt.