Weird Call I Just Got

Maybe someone like (JJProdigy, SlippyJacks or User 363) wanted to do a fake interview...... They would ask bunch of fake questions, but basically what they really wanted to ask you is "How the hell did you win the Sunday Mill. tournament without any outside help at all ???"

Be carefull of identity theft not just your poker accounts but elsewhere (bank credit cards etc.). People don't take this seriously until it happens to them. Start to protect yourself by checking your credit reports for people trying to take out loans and credit cards in your name. There are even services available now that monitor this for you. Anyway, be very carefull when giving out your name, DOB, address etc. to anyone who cold calls you like that. Hopefully this is not a scam and just a mixup at stars, but now a lot of people know your net worth has shot up and you may become a target. Other things you can do....Call your credit card companies and have them change your password (usualy mother's maiden name) to something harder to guess. Also make sure this and other passwords are not stored on your PC in case you get hacked.Protect your PC!! spend money, get a firewall/virusscan/antispyware/keylogger detector. This is your livelyhood and you should protect it as much as you can (you take enough risks at the tables, be a nit when it comes to protecting yourself outside poker).Google your on screen id's periodicly and make sure there is no public link to your name/address. Also google your real name and check it out that way as well.Anyway, this is just what came to mind....About the call, did you get their phone number from call display? Pokerstars should have your phone number, I remember Lee Jones once calling a player when he disconnected on teh final table of the Sunday Million.

People started randomly messaging me on MSN and adding me as a friend...so I took it down.. im gonna start up a new one soon.
I messaged TJ and he said we couldn't be friends anymore because my bankroll wasn't big enough.True story.Seriously.

Hello Thomas, Thank you for emailing us. I have reviewed your claim, and after a quick google search of that name, it appears you received a phone call from PrimeNewswire and their Public Relations team. I have attached his contact information below:looks like it was legit.. thanks for the write up Armen:_)

Wow, Q wins this thread, too. And he only needed one picture. You know we're going to be expecting this genius from you constantly, right?
Hello Thomas, Thank you for emailing us. I have reviewed your claim, and after a quick google search of that name, it appears you received a phone call from PrimeNewswire and their Public Relations team. I have attached his contact information below:looks like it was legit.. thanks for the write up Armen:_)
awsome let us know how it goes and when we can read
I messaged TJ and he said we couldn't be friends anymore because my bankroll wasn't big enough.True story.Seriously.
Its ok buddy, Rama has a home for people like you. people who love getting their chips in bad.

[22:26] ForRealDD: Hello, Thomas ! You have just won the Egyptian lottery for $1,000,000,000USD ! please send $20,000 USD to Full Tilt Poker, acct name ForRealDD to pay the taxes on these monies so that we may release your funds of approx. $1,000,000,0000,000 USD !Still waiting on a response.

[22:26] ForRealDD: Hello, Thomas ! You have just won the Egyptian lottery for $1,000,000,000USD ! please send $20,000 USD to Full Tilt Poker, acct name ForRealDD to pay the taxes on these monies so that we may release your funds of approx. $1,000,000,0000,000 USD !Still waiting on a response.
wow i won the egyptian lottery just last week, but i had to send it to 'Its Erik Ryland' on FTP and they only needed $500 for taxes
i like how it grows by 4 zerosegyptian lottery ftw
i like how it grows by 4 zerosegyptian lottery ftw
lmaoi like those commercials about identity theft now too when the guy walks into the bus is like all i need is a small fee to transact the transaction to you can obtain the money