Daniel Is Done.....

Randy: Hi, uh, my name is Randy Marsh. I'm-I'm Stan Marsh's father. Coach: Oh, so you're the father of the boy who's gonna get f'd in the a on Saturday? OC Member 3: Dang! OC Leader: Oooooo! Randy: Uh, listen. Ih-it was my fault that Stanley served your boys the other day. Uh, I told him to do it and I... Weh-well look I, I just came down here to tell you... Ih-it's not on. Coach: Oh, it's on! Randy: No-no-no, it's not on. Coach: Whoo, it's on all right! Randy: It isn't on. Nothing's on. It's off. Coach: It's on!
Seriously, Randy is so ridic funny.Everything he says is so awesome.I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA.
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bust you if you are bored....
I don't recall challenging you to a heads up match. I am not a gambler, I am a poker player. Not going to put my bankroll up in a heads up crapshoot.No, I am not bored making money. I enjoy crushing games with lesser talent. That is the point in poker isn't it? I do have an ego that forces me to play at levels where my profit is minimized.The big thing is that I am a poker player, and you have turned yourself into a media darling that hardly plays anymore or thinks he is too good to play in anything less than a 10K event and it has hurt your game. The game is about winning consistently and that is not something you have accomplished at all lately.If your going to tell me your the same player you were 3 years ago you are kidding yourself.I hope to see you at my table soon, but it will be in a major tournament and never in a heads up gambling crap shoot.To each their own and I am sure you making boat loads of cash outside the felt, but please do not refer yourself to a poker player any longer. It is embarrasing, and the novice poker public will eventually catch on.
I don't recall challenging you to a heads up match. I am not a gambler, I am a poker player. Not going to put my bankroll up in a heads up crapshoot.No, I am not bored making money. I enjoy crushing games with lesser talent. That is the point in poker isn't it? I do have an ego that forces me to play at levels where my profit is minimized.The big thing is that I am a poker player, and you have turned yourself into a media darling that hardly plays anymore or thinks he is too good to play in anything less than a 10K event and it has hurt your game. The game is about winning consistently and that is not something you have accomplished at all lately.If your going to tell me your the same player you were 3 years ago you are kidding yourself.I hope to see you at my table soon, but it will be in a major tournament and never in a heads up gambling crap shoot.To each their own and I am sure you making boat loads of cash outside the felt, but please do not refer yourself to a poker player any longer. It is embarrasing, and the novice poker public will eventually catch on.
In the event that Daniel is busy, or you don't want to play heads up for rollz..........I'll play you live. Just tell me the stakes that you feel comfortable with, and what games. I'm assuming that you want to play at Bellagio. By the way, this isn't about ego. I'm just curious to see how I would match up against someone who publicly calls Daniel out. I'm sure that you're a great player and all. So allow me the honor of learning a thing or two.
In the event that Daniel is busy, or you don't want to play heads up for rollz..........I'll play you live. Just tell me the stakes that you feel comfortable with, and what games. I'm assuming that you want to play at Bellagio. By the way, this isn't about ego. I'm just curious to see how I would match up against someone who publicly calls Daniel out. I'm sure that you're a great player and all. So allow me the honor of learning a thing or two.
Steve, why even respond to people like this? IMO it's best to just disregard these types of posts. This is what the guy wants, accomplished people like yourself and Daniel to give the thread some exposure.
Steve, why even respond to people like this? IMO it's best to just disregard these types of posts. This is what the guy wants, accomplished people like yourself and Daniel to give the thread some exposure.
And it sets a bad precedent for others to try to prod them.
I recently played Daniel in a high stakes horse match heads up and he beat me. It wasn't about ego. We both did it for fun, and were killing time. I wasn't very happy with how I played. Having said that, I thought that Daniel played pretty well. Unlike a random person who would just jump on the DN bandwagon for no apparent reason, I can honestly say, his game is still pretty sharp. I've also played in high stakes horse ring games with him in the past. This is long before Daniel was with PokerStars. I did much better against him at that time. But the bottom line is, I speak from experience when I say that I think he is a very good player. I also consider myself to be a good player. If someone wants to come on here and call people out, so be it. Hopefully the OP will be man enough to stand his ground and realize that he was inthe wrong, or he can play me or DN. I honestly don't see it as fueling fire in this instance. This guy believes that he has this "poker" thing figured out. There's not much to it really, either he wants to play, or he will come up with some lame excuse why he won't play either one of us.
I recently played Daniel in a high stakes horse match heads up and he beat me. It wasn't about ego. We both did it for fun, and were killing time. I wasn't very happy with how I played. Having said that, I thought that Daniel played pretty well. Unlike a random person who would just jump on the DN bandwagon for no apparent reason, I can honestly say, his game is still pretty sharp. I've also played in high stakes horse ring games with him in the past. This is long before Daniel was with PokerStars. I did much better against him at that time. But the bottom line is, I speak from experience when I say that I think he is a very good player. I also consider myself to be a good player. If someone wants to come on here and call people out, so be it. Hopefully the OP will be man enough to stand his ground and realize that he was inthe wrong, or he can play me or DN. I honestly don't see it as fueling fire in this instance. This guy believes that he has this "poker" thing figured out. There's not much to it really, either he wants to play, or he will come up with some lame excuse why he won't play either one of us.
Tru dat.
I do not play heads up, and I really do not need a bullseye on my back at the Bellagio. I am sure if you play 20-40 or 40-80 stud at the Bellagio I have been in your game. Also 40-80 to 200-400 mixed games. I know it seems like I am calling him out, but it is more of an obervation that many others in the bigger games and tournament circuit have that he has lost his "poker" focus and is not at the top of his game any longer. I am a very good player, not yet a "great" player. I hold my own and do comfortably well. Good luck to you.
I do not play heads up, and I really do not need a bullseye on my back at the Bellagio. I am sure if you play 20-40 or 40-80 stud at the Bellagio I have been in your game. Also 40-80 to 200-400 mixed games. I know it seems like I am calling him out, but it is more of an obervation that many others in the bigger games and tournament circuit have that he has lost his "poker" focus and is not at the top of his game any longer. I am a very good player, not yet a "great" player. I hold my own and do comfortably well. Good luck to you.
Do you really make this post or not know who Steve is if you are one of the few that plays these games?

LMAO again at this thread.The criticism of DN (or any other pro really that has taken a turn atop pokers throne at one point or another) is laughable.None of the guys who were at the top are still there, but they are all still damn close. There are just SO MANY more good players now that it would be impossible to expect that the best known pro or pros of '04 and '05 would be able to hold onto the top spot. But that does not make them any less lethal at a poker table. Many of these guys are still better than most of us will ever be.Regarding Daniel's current apparent lack of interest in poker, who cares? It is totally rational to take a break or to lose the taste a bit after all these years (if that is what this is). Nothing wrong with that in my book.Daniel has had tremendous success and is now moving onto other things. He is having a great life, enjoying his other interests and has successfully parlayed his accomplishments into other project sthat will hopefully bring steadier income for many years. The guy is super smart for seeing money making opportunities outside of having to play for a living and seizing the moment. Doyle, Lederer, Ivey, Hachem, Sexton, etc... the list is long of great players that don't play as much as they once did.....because now they don't HAVE to!DN isn't going anywhere. He even admitted himself he may never have another year like '04, but so what? The fact is he HAD that great year and many beyond that, and that was all he needed to get to where he is now. O.P. you just sound jealous. Hell, I know I am. I think DN is burned out a bit but has earned the right to sit back and reap the rewards and freedom those great years brought him. The guy has a great life imo, as do many of the top level pros who no longer play as much as they once did.But one thing is for sure...they are all still very good. And I think most would love to have to have their lives.

There's not much to it really, either he wants to play, or he will come up with some lame excuse why he won't play either one of us.
I do not play heads up, and I really do not need a bullseye on my back at the Bellagio.
/thread
This guy believes that he has this "poker" thing figured out. There's not much to it really, either he wants to play, or he will come up with some lame excuse why he won't play either one of us.
lol, so true.

Not defending the OP here, but trying to solve a poker dispute over a game of poker is never going to work unless both sides agree to play a ridiculous amount of hands together.

So if vegas king doesnt want to play for rollz, just play DN or steve for a smaller amount, like a buy-in or two at a regular game.
Hell, I'd love to do that myself during the WSOP for the hell of it - who knows, I might even learn something.
Seriously, Randy is so ridic funny.Everything he says is so awesome.I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA.
N_GGERS
You, sir, will always be theone making accusations and excuses. Your type of "talk" always leaves a little room for you to weasel out of something like Daniel challenging you to a HU match. Why not put up or shut up? Besides, if you're such a big talker, why not name yourself so people can come and find you? I'm sure there's no shortage of people who want to try you and your ego on for size.PS: When's your book coming out? <sw>
You're a good man, Steve, and a fine player. I hope the guy accepts and we get to hear the story.

I said it at the beginning and I will say it again. The OP is just having fun. He knows that coming on here and talking crap about DN will make a bunch of people go batty. Now he is playing this new game. He won't reveal himself because he isn't anything close to what he describes himself to be. He is an internet troll and probably in sales.

I said it at the beginning and I will say it again. The OP is just having fun. He knows that coming on here and talking crap about DN will make a bunch of people go batty. Now he is playing this new game. He won't reveal himself because he isn't anything close to what he describes himself to be. He is an internet troll and probably a car salesman.
fyp
I will take that action Steve. I will give you a shot a hole for 10 dimes, regulation match play. If we are talking poker I will pass. How about golf lessons for poker lessons? Good swap huh?
You actually don't fully understand the goal of playing poker for a living if you think that is true. When I was young I grinded day in and day out with one goal in mind... one day I hope that I can make enough money where I don't "have to" play poker unless I want to. Heard of Chip Reese, Doyle Brunson, Phil Ivey, etc.? They paid their dues and don't have to do anything they don't want to do anymore. Instead, they can golf, go on vacation, play live once in a while, and maybe play in 10k buy in here and there. If I were to have to "grind it out" again I'd be miserable. I paid my dues and am happy with my schedule now. I hardly play poker unless I'm motivated to play my best. The last five tournaments I played my butt off and played great. Made some amazing plays and was reading people very well. Way, way, way, way, better than I did in 2004. Not even close. Only person that could know that is...er... well, me. Not you. I needed a break... and took one! Yeah baby, cause I am my own boss thanks to years of grinding at the poker table. I put in some serious travel hours overseas and now it's time to relax until December's 5 Diamond and then it gets busy again in January as always. As for playing in $1000 and $2000 preliminary events, it has NOTHING to do with me thinking "I'm too good" for those events, but everything to do with me having things I'd rather do besides play in those. You know how many events outside of the WSOP I cashed in 2004 that had a buyin of less than 10k? If you guessed none, you'd be right. Why? Because I didn't play them and and not about to start now. Grinding it out should be seen as a stepping stone to true freedom. You work hard when you are young so that when you are older... you don't have to.
I will take that action Steve. I will give you a shot a hole for 10 dimes, regulation match play. If we are talking poker I will pass. How about golf lessons for poker lessons? Good swap huh?
I'll take that action with a tee spot. Stroke a hole and a tee spot sounds fair to me. Remember, I hit the ball like a Vegan so I can't play the back tees :-)