Shooting Guard A belongs to the Bulls Center B belongs to the Heat.etc.I think that's how it works at least.
That's what I don't get.The did a developmental draft, so does one team get to pick player A and another get to make the pick on player B, how do they work together?
  • 3 weeks later...

Eventually each NBDL team will have only one affiliate--think Triple A baseball. Until then, they're splitting 'em up. Not every player on the team is affiliated with the Heat or with the Bulls. A lot of them are just free agents that signed with the team directly. If Chicago wants to assign a player to the NBDL, they assign them to Iowa..I don't really know what you're not understanding?

Eventually each NBDL team will have only one affiliate--think Triple A baseball. Until then, they're splitting 'em up. Not every player on the team is affiliated with the Heat or with the Bulls. A lot of them are just free agents that signed with the team directly. If Chicago wants to assign a player to the NBDL, they assign them to Iowa..I don't really know what you're not understanding?
I know it's eventually going to be like how triple A ball works, but right now they have a developmental draft and I was wondering how they split those picks up. From what I read it sounded like the D league teams make the picks but that doesn't really make sense. It would make more sense if each NBA team did the draft then assigned those players down to the D league.
I know it's eventually going to be like how triple A ball works, but right now they have a developmental draft and I was wondering how they split those picks up. From what I read it sounded like the D league teams make the picks but that doesn't really make sense. It would make more sense if each NBA team did the draft then assigned those players down to the D league.
None of the D-league players are affiliated with any NBA team unless they are on an NBA roster and are sent down. The only thing the affiliation means is if for example the Lakers wanted to send Javaris Crittenton to the D-league, he would then go to the Lakers affiliate which is the LA Defenders, but no one else on the Defenders has anything to do with the Lakers. Any of those players can be called up by any NBA team except Crittenton.
None of the D-league players are affiliated with any NBA team unless they are on an NBA roster and are sent down. The only thing the affiliation means is if for example the Lakers wanted to send Javaris Crittenton to the D-league, he would then go to the Lakers affiliate which is the LA Defenders, but no one else on the Defenders has anything to do with the Lakers. Any of those players can be called up by any NBA team except Crittenton.
Yes.
  • 4 weeks later...

I was watching a game the other night and they said the Spurs and Lakers are the only two teams who don't share a D-league team, they each have their own. I know the Lakers made use out of their team last year to get that one PG (can't think of his name) some game experience.

I was watching a game the other night and they said the Spurs and Lakers are the only two teams who don't share a D-league team, they each have their own. I know the Lakers made use out of their team last year to get that one PG (can't think of his name) some game experience.
That JamesOn Curry from the Iowa team got called up by Chicago.