The Official (haha) Hat Trick Thread

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally getting to play with some good wingers...

cindy

Pacioretty with the natural.

While looking at those stats, I'm surprised to see Ovechkin only has 8 PPGs. Crosby's got 9, and we all know how awful the Pens PP has been.Edit - Another funny observation. If the season ended now, Crosby would have more goals than Ovechkin, while Ovechkin would have more assists than Crosby. Kinda backwards.

Yea thanks, I found it after I asked ... I am a donk. BTW Sid has 4 EN goals in his whole career, Ovechkin has 4 this year already.... Its a difference in game philosophy, ovechkin goes out of his way to pad his stats while Crosby just cares about winning.
I didn't say that! :club:
Yea thanks, I found it after I asked ... I am a donk. BTW Sid has 4 EN goals in his whole career, Ovechkin has 4 this year already.... Its a difference in game philosophy, ovechkin goes out of his way to pad his stats while Crosby just cares about winning.
It's not THAT bad. He has the most this year, but its only 1 more than a big group. Last year he had the most too (5), but there were several with 4. Best part - 3 of PJ Axelsson's 6 were empty-nettings.He had 5 in the three years combined before that.So...maybe he takes an extra shot or two, but its not making a big difference.
lol..talk about biased comments..BTW when you lead the league in scoring the last few years, obviously you will lead in EN goals..I will argue that no one has a love for the game and loves to win more than Ovy..
[/b]lol..talk about biased comments..BTW when you lead the league in scoring the last few years, obviously you will lead in EN goals..I will argue that no one has a love for the game and loves to win more than Ovy..
I don't think the two are related.Ovechkin certainly will get more chances to get an empty netter than most players though. For one, he's a winger, for two, he DOES float up a bit and cheat a bit on them (with his coach's blessing, I assume), and I would guess the Caps have more 2-goal leads than 1-goal empty net situations too, so he CAN cheat without it being dangerous.Plus he's a selfish SOB who only cares about his stats and not the teams. :club:
I randomly checked 2003-04 for a non-Ovechkin year, and the guy who led the NHL in EN goals was tied for 55th in total goals. It was Jason Blake, heh.
Isn't that the year he scored 40 for the Islanders (and then was signed by JFJ)?
Isn't that the year he scored 40 for the Islanders (and then was signed by JFJ)?
No, he only had 22. 5 were empty netters. The 3 guys who tied for the league lead in goals (with 41, god bless the lockout), the most they each had was 3.

Every Penguin Empty Netter this year.Jan 19 (NYI @ Pens) Evgeni Malkin (Brooks Orpik, Sidney Crosby)Dec 3 (Avs @ Pens) Sidney Crosby (Jordan Staal, Evgeni Malkin)Nov 30 (Pens @ Rags) Michael Rupp (Sidney Crosby)Nov 16 (Ducks @ Pens) Matt Cooke (Jordan Staal)Nov 3 (Pens @ Ducks) Matt Cooke (Jordan Staal)Looks like NHL.com gave Staal credit for one of Matt Cooke's empty netters as the pens are listed on there with 5 different guys having just 1 ENG.

Brooks Laich gets the hatty to complete a caps comeback from a 5-2 deficit to force OT where they lose on a Plekanec goal to end their streak of 14 straight wins.

• 2 weeks later...