LOL. No shit.The nickname for somebody who's name is Guy is "Gee".Doyle even calls him that.It's like somebody calling someone named Charles "Chuck".
...or it might just be the way you pronounce the letter combination 'guy' in French. =P

While we are on the subject of Ivey and cos i dont want ot start another thread, what happened to that golf debt/dispute he had with Ramdin? Did they sort it out at the WSOP like they said they would? Did Ivey get paid?I haven't heard this story, anybody got a link to where I can read about it?Thanks

I thought that was from a UK cash game show?
Yes it was, the Million Dollar Cash Game, it hasn't aired yet, but it had PA, Ivey, Townsend, and I think Gus and Benyamine but I'm not 100% sure. It was on last year too but it was awful, they had a multi millionaire who just came to spew on the final show basically and it was bad to watch. I'm looking forward to the new one though.
I think if I remember from the reports when it was being taped the blinds were higher for the 500k buy in day. I tried looking back at DN blogs from the time but couldnt find the info. For some reason 1500/3000 500a seems to ring a bell.
Somewhere in DN's blog he said taht pretty much every hand was straddled, and about 90% was double straddled, and that triple straddling was frequent as well.so if every hadn was straddled at the regular blinds, it would be 300/600/1200. 90% of the time it would be 300/600/1200/2400/ and then sometimes 300/600/1200/2400/4800. THe double straddle or the triple straddle would seem to be reasonable considering the stacks.
LOL. No shit.The nickname for somebody who's name is Guy is "Gee".Doyle even calls him that.It's like somebody calling someone named Charles "Chuck".
:D
...or it might just be the way you pronounce the letter combination 'guy' in French. =P
:club:

300-600-1200-2400-4800 would mean they are playing with barely 100BB stacks which isn't very deep stacked. Having that many blinds must be weird, with the position post flop etc. like, being last to act pre flop, also means being in middle position, lol.BTW, I think what some people are remembering is the cardplayer article which had a typo saying the blinds were 3000-6000 on the last day (they meant to say 300-600, as usual). Also, what are these guys bankrolls? Judging from online results, guys like Benyamine and Antonius make in the region of $5m/yr. Guys like Brunson and Greenstein supposedly make money from the big game. So do Negreanu, Farha, Gold and Antonio have so much "other income" (endorsements, seperate businesses, stocks + shares etc.) that they can afford a $500k buy-in? (btw, I'm sure, Benyamine, Antonius, Brunson and Greenstein have other income aswell, I was just saying that they seem to be the only ones that could yield a substantial [ie $4m+] income from poker strictly). IMO, these guys should grind it out at 200k NL where all the fish are, play maybe 50,000, and after establishing a consistant win rate, move up to 500k NL. lol.Whatever happens, this is sure to be a sick show.

Also, what are these guys bankrolls? Judging from online results, guys like Benyamine and Antonius make in the region of $5m/yr.
A lot of people seem to be saying that Benyamine is in debt. Not sure if it is true or how anyone would really know.
300-600-1200-2400-4800 would mean they are playing with barely 100BB stacks which isn't very deep stacked. Having that many blinds must be weird, with the position post flop etc. like, being last to act pre flop, also means being in middle position, lol.BTW, I think what some people are remembering is the cardplayer article which had a typo saying the blinds were 3000-6000 on the last day (they meant to say 300-600, as usual). Also, what are these guys bankrolls? Judging from online results, guys like Benyamine and Antonius make in the region of $5m/yr. Guys like Brunson and Greenstein supposedly make money from the big game. So do Negreanu, Farha, Gold and Antonio have so much "other income" (endorsements, seperate businesses, stocks + shares etc.) that they can afford a $500k buy-in? (btw, I'm sure, Benyamine, Antonius, Brunson and Greenstein have other income aswell, I was just saying that they seem to be the only ones that could yield a substantial [ie $4m+] income from poker strictly). IMO, these guys should grind it out at 200k NL where all the fish are, play maybe 50,000, and after establishing a consistant win rate, move up to 500k NL. lol.Whatever happens, this is sure to be a sick show.
they play this game what once twice a year....its not like you need the roll to play this game fulltime, if your playing it 2 or 3 times a year.
Also, what are these guys bankrolls? Judging from online results, guys like Benyamine and Antonius make in the region of $5m/yr. Guys like Brunson and Greenstein supposedly make money from the big game. So do Negreanu, Farha, Gold and Antonio have so much "other income" (endorsements, seperate businesses, stocks + shares etc.) that they can afford a $500k buy-in? (btw, I'm sure, Benyamine, Antonius, Brunson and Greenstein have other income aswell, I was just saying that they seem to be the only ones that could yield a substantial [ie $4m+] income from poker strictly). IMO, these guys should grind it out at 200k NL where all the fish are, play maybe 50,000, and after establishing a consistant win rate, move up to 500k NL. lol.Whatever happens, this is sure to be a sick show.
Unless I'm mistaken, at the end of the last episode Doyle said something like "None of us really have the money to play this high.. except Guy".

You are correct sir.So, if you want to have 100 buy-ins to play at a game, this one would need:100 x 500,000 = 50,000,000Even at their best, Ivy, Brunson and others are not sitting on a 50 million egg for poker.

You are correct sir.So, if you want to have 100 buy-ins to play at a game, this one would need:100 x 500,000 = 50,000,000Even at their best, Ivy, Brunson and others are not sitting on a 50 million egg for poker.
QFT but as someone said, its not lke that plays this everyday, or close to it
QFT but as someone said, its not lke that plays this everyday, or close to it
Exactly. The "Bankroll Rule of Thumb" is for determining if you have the depth to sustain the normal ups & downs ("variance") of playing at a certain level without fear of going busto.
So do Negreanu, Farha, Gold and Antonio have so much "other income" (endorsements, seperate businesses, stocks + shares etc.) that they can afford a $500k buy-in?
DN 500k HU matches. Yeah, he probably doesn't have enough to sit right in this game. Not to mention that even if the bb is 1200, they're sitting ith over 400 bb's, which is 4x more than a standard nl buyin. Meaning they're less likely to lose it all in one session.

Slightly disappointing to me. Though the Benyamine vs Gold hand was a beauty.I was left wondering if Laliberte really plays like what we saw. If so he'd better not play high stakes often or Doyle will be the new owner of Cirque.