Maybe you might want to step up and show what a "great debater" you are rather than just dildoing the asses of anyone who disagrees with me using your Shilock nose.
Nice try, but bad timing...
I give it to scram except for when LLY gets involved. He's the only one around here that can constantly beat scram in serious debates.
On this very page I said that you regularly win the debates you get involved in, except for certain exceptions. If anything I was shoving my nose up your ass. If you're so sensitive about my opinion that you'd get all upset that I compliment two people (out of a dozen in this thread) that disagree with you...I'm sorry.It's cute that you figured you'd try to start with me though.
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby Fischers father was a world class physicist who happened to have a 99.999999% percentile gift for spatial reasons. Think it was just a big co-ink-e-dink?
Are you saying he taught Bobby well when he was a child?Obviously there are both influences of genetics and environment, in fact a gene can't really have its effect without interacting with its environment in some way. The issue is that you cannot easily disentangle the effects of one from another.
Wow.Garbage.You spent a large portion of this discussion debating the fact that intelligence is all about environment, economics, etc, then accidentally brought up the fact that you yourself were a complete divergence from this- then, WHOOPS! started to backpedal and rationalize with gems like this. ... which, aside from being almost entirely nonsensical, assumes things like associations between academics and finances, even though you (and I, and every other kid who came from a shitty background but was brighter than his surroundings might suggest) are screaming examples to the contrary.I maintain that genetics dictate intelligence, which in turn dictate achievement (collective or otherwise).
i'm sorry that you misinterpreted my intentions from the start, i guess. i never really intended to argue FOR anything, desptie my rhetorical moves to the contrary. this is mostly because i don't think developing a theory of how characteristics work across generations is that important as long as there are going to be enough outliers to make any generalizations to that effect kinda stupid. it's a common argumentative technique to present one's argument in extreme terms in order to achieve a middle ground in the end that's more suitable to one's own beliefs. i thought i did that fairly well. my bad.
haha, it's cuz i misspelled sacrilegious, isn't it?
lol, but if I remember correctly you got me on another stupid mistake fairly soon after that.
as for appearing to be an idiot, i probably do that sometimes, but it's not a major concern of mine. i'm hardly going to work to overcome my typing-related shortcomings just to appear smarter on teh internetz. not worth it. :club:
Yeah, well now I know and will remember...and what I think is all that matters, so you're good to go.
Are you saying he taught Bobby well when he was a child?Obviously there are both influences of genetics and environment, in fact a gene can't really have its effect without interacting with its environment in some way. The issue is that you cannot easily disentangle the effects of one from another.
His father was absent. All he gave Bobby was his genes.
Nice try, but bad timing...On this very page I said that you regularly win the debates you get involved in, except for certain exceptions. If anything I was shoving my nose up your ass. If you're so sensitive about my opinion that you'd get all upset that I compliment two people (out of a dozen in this thread) that disagree with you...I'm sorry.It's cute that you figured you'd try to start with me though.
Yeah yeah, wakka wakka wakka wholesale wakka wakka free.asdf123.jpg
lol, but if I remember correctly you got me on another stupid mistake fairly soon after that.Yeah, well now I know and will remember...and what I think is all that matters, so you're good to go.
we cool. i always thought you were funny, which usually requires being smart, so i gave you the benefit of the doubt.
. this is mostly because i don't think developing a theory of how characteristics work across generations is that important as long as there are going to be enough outliers to make any generalizations to that effect kinda stupid.
That's the catch. There aren't enough 'outliers' to negate the bigger truth, particularly as it pertains to Negroes.Anomaly seeking as an effort to negate the larger truth is a terribly failed methodology, but whenever I see someone doing it, it tells me what kind of mind they have and I can basically lay 50-1 as to how they voted in any given election.
That's the catch. There aren't enough 'outliers' to negate the bigger truth, particularly as it pertains to Negroes.Anomaly seeking as an effort to negate the larger truth is a terribly failed methodology, but whenever I see someone doing it, it tells me what kind of mind they have and I can basically lay 50-1 as to how they voted in any given election.
it would be incumbent upon you to provide statistics surrounding the number of outliers relative to the general population, and then provide a theory to back up your claim that "there aren't enough 'outliers' to negate the bigger truth (sic)" here.i also don't see how my voting democrat has any bearing on the present discussion. but if it makes you feel superior to me, go right ahead. i don't have a lot vested in this in terms of my self-esteem.
I've got no response, so here's a picture of a jew.
I always like when our disagreements end this way.
we cool. i always thought you were funny, which usually requires being smart, so i gave you the benefit of the doubt.
Good, and the benefit of the doubt is pretty much all I ever get.
perpetuation
Nice usage.

oh man, this thread has blown up like the world trade while I was asleep.I'll say this for scram, at least he doesn't try to avoid and deny the fact that he's racist. He openly embraces and defends it. I can respect that. As someone who paradoxically finds racism appalling and hilarious at the same time, I some of his posts slay me. Captain Oblivious could learn a lot from him. Fortunately, scram is a religious capitalizer, so Jennings will be able to retain the knowledge scram spits.

oh man, this thread has blown up like the world trade while I was asleep.I'll say this for scram, at least he doesn't try to avoid and deny the fact that he's racist. He openly embraces and defends it. I can respect that. As someone who paradoxically finds racism appalling and hilarious at the same time, I some of his posts slay me. Captain Oblivious could learn a lot from him. Fortunately, scram is a religious capitalizer, so Jennings will be able to retain the knowledge scram spits.
I love passive-aggressive comments, they make my slave smile. And we all know that a happy slave makes a happy slave owner!
Why do people artificially group themselves? The Yankees lost in the playoffs recently. I'm a Yankee fan. Therefore, I'm a bad person, and their losing had something to do with me. If you're a Red Sox fan, you can be proud of yourself because your team winning had something to do with you.
Yeah, pretty much :club:
I love passive-aggressive comments, they make my slave smile. And we all know that a happy slave makes a happy slave owner!
Um.. I'm not sure you know what passive-aggressive means. And you shouldn't try racial humor, you're not good at it.
Even I have to say that the perpetuation of racist remarks, comedy, etc. is getting a bit over board on here/real life. It's just plain old.
Yeah... Says the ASIAN!port-rickshaw.jpgrice1_l.jpgGChebyshev.gifn16112140_32340797_4843.jpghome_img1_knock-offs.jpgthaibargirls.jpg
For being so pedantic about capitalization, it's odd that you're not familiar with comma splices.I took about an hour to read through this thread for some reason. The debate seems to revolve around intelligence now, but I'd like to revisit some earlier topics...Generally, I agree with LLY. I don't see much point to racial celebration in any form. However, I understand cultural celebration, and I can see how the two get intertwined.I've never had many black friends. I've had some, but I guess I just don't generally run in the same circles, and I've never actively sought out friends of particular races. If I had to guess, 90% of the people I know are caucasian. That said, I love meeting people of different cultural backgrounds. I think that finding 'truth' is about working our way through as many perspectives as possible.On a more base level...this was touched on light-heartedly, but I do have a somewhat serious inquiry. Does my lack of attraction to many black women make me racist? I think it may. I find some black women attractive: Vanessa Williams, Halle Berry, Rihanna, Beyonce. I remember not being attracted to asian women when I was younger, but I've somehow "integrated" them into my aesthetic ideals.
On a more base level...this was touched on light-heartedly, but I do have a somewhat serious inquiry. Does my lack of attraction to many black women make me racist? I think it may. I find some black women attractive: Vanessa Williams, Halle Berry, Rihanna, Beyonce. I remember not being attracted to asian women when I was younger, but I've somehow "integrated" them into my aesthetic ideals.
I'm not attracted to fat women and that doesn't make me racist.Oh wait, I think fat women are lazy.Therefore I prejudge fat women based on their fatness.So maybe you are a little racist.That's alright, it just limits our boning opportunities.We therefore pay for our transgressions.
thailand? I need to start making vacation plans.
I guarantee that you could spend less there having the best two weeks of your life than you would taking the kids to DisneyWorld.
I guarantee that you could spend less there having the best two weeks of your life than you would taking the kids to DisneyWorld.
and going to thailand is like getting a jelly of the month club membership, it's the gift that keeps on giving.
and going to thailand is like getting a jelly of the month club membership, it's the gift that keeps on giving.
Says the man who brought us "switch".Foreign objects deserve foreign objects. You buy the hour, gotta fill those other 40 minutes with something amusing while you are double-wrapping.