• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously it was an exaggeration.. And yes.. I have black friends, some of the best people I know are black.. But have you ever been around black people? That's generally what they call themselves... and I'm not saying that makes them any less of a person, but what I'm saying is that the N word has different relevance nowadays..
You realize you just asked a guy who has two kids with a black woman if he has ever been around black people.
Obviously it was an exaggeration.. And yes.. I have black friends, some of the best people I know are black.. But have you ever been around black people? That's generally what they call themselves... and I'm not saying that makes them any less of a person, but what I'm saying is that the N word has different relevance nowadays..
Are you saying we should switch it up to make it more effective? Like, start using 'spook' more often to really get their goat..? That way they'll have two words to 'take back' instead of just one. I like where your heads at.
That's not the province next to Alberta?
It's the province just outside of civilization. It's 90% inbred hillbillies and 10% genetic researchers having an absolute field day.
This argument makes no sense, though. You are happy that you are bright. Fine. That's perfectly acceptable.But you are saying that you are bright because you are white. Rather, you are saying that white people are smarter than black people, and you're white, so if you weren't white you may not be as smart because white people are generally smart.Why would you be happy to be white because it makes you smart (if you believe that it does). Why don't you just be happy that you're smart and a part of the smart group.Honestly, I think you need to study up on Bayes' Theorem. It would do your outlook on the world wonders. You are happy that you are B, because the probability of A conditions on B is high. Why don't you just be happy that you're in A.
You completely fail to address my premise.I am happy that I am a member of a particular group given that said membership substantially increased the likelihood that I would eventually grow into a bright person. Had I been a member of other groups, my chances of growing up into a bright person wouldn't have simply been "less likely"- they would've been outright "unlikely".
Just admit that you're not sophisticated to ignore the innate urges that evolution has placed within you to want to group yourself with those similar to you. Just admit that you'll use any argument that you can find to justify grouping yourself in that way.
LOL. Sophist bullshit.Your desire to ignore human nature to further a delusional ideal isn't really "sophistication".You're why the Khmer Rouge killed academics.
Also, your argument about being justified in being racist because you were in prison and saw how black people "really were," and you decided that they had unappealing characteristics. Most likely this was the case. The black people you encountered in prison were probably horrible people. They were probably morons and the scum of society. (I"m almost embarrassed to have to make the next logical step for you...) But, what did you expect..... THEY WERE IN PRISON. Your entire argument as admittedly based on the fact that you judge all black people based on your experiences with black people in prison. I"m not going to go step by step and point out how insane that is. I'm sure you can figure it out yourself.
Yeah, assuming that black people being in prison were some sort of distant anomaly and that I was only experiencing the "worst" of the lot... Do you really need be to break out the statistics here? My outlook on Negroes is based on my overall life experience. My time in the joint is simply a sliver of it, but it confirmed everything I had learned about Negroes prior to entering that environment, and everything I've experienced about Negroes since leaving it has been generally consistent as well.I know that anomaly-seeking is, like, the absolute basis for the "points" people like you try and make- as long as there is some divergent example out there somewhere, then by god the larger truth is just a damn lie trying to keep you down, but really, if you take it too far, you leave reality. Yes, they were the "worst of the worst" but the median was still far "worse" than almost every other race.
And, as to your personal use of the N word: I want you to think hard about why you use the word. Rather, try to figure out what drives you to use it, what you get out of it, or what you actually mean when you say it. I would venture to guess that for you, the N word is used to condescend. You use it to hurt, to insult, to belittle. So, you can't be surprised that people are offended by your use of "just a word" if the intention of the word in the first place is to hurt. Are we getting this now? It's not the word, it's the meaning behind the word. That's why there's a difference when a black person calls another "my nigga" and when you call a black woman a "Negress" or a black guy "some ******." Are we all getting this now?
Actually, I use it with about as much thought and consideration as I do when I refer to a highway as a road. To you, it's shocking and "hateful" and motivated by some underlying desire to belittle. To me, it's colloquial.
there are two kinds of people I hate:people who are intolerant of other people's culures, and the dutch
Fuck you, you intolerant fagot. I hope your first daughter gets raped by Mexican day labor...oh, the Dutch? Yeah, screw them, I don't even like chocolate milk.
Come into my work, I do all 3 of those things on a nightly basis, and get paid by the bar and women for my troubles. Dream jobs are awesome.I'd hate to put you in line, but me and Rivergirl have about a dozen more things in common than me and you. I have a knack for having the exact same hobbies and quirks as women-in-relationships. Not sure if it comes from my work environment or me being in a serious relationship myself.Of course, the thought of a minature me in pig-tails may cause me to throw caution to the wind, but I'd at least ask ahead of time you brush up on your billiards skills and develop an unhealthy addiction to old and new school Degrassi Junior High.
Such is life. I can definitely hold my own at pool but Im not a Degrassi fan. Now 90210 reruns.. thats where its at.
You realize you just asked a guy who has two kids with a black woman if he has ever been around black people.
If I knew that before I posted do you honestly think I would have asked the question? Way to point out the most meaningless part of my post and ignore the rest..But this is the last i'll say on the matter, because those who disagree with what I say I won't convince and nor should I, you are open to your opinion as I am to mine..But you proved my point out of this.. The second I posted it the people that disagreed with it immediately called me a racist.. Please people, find in any part of that post where I am racist.. I am in no way racist, I just embrace my race, as should other races.. there's nothing wrong with that.. I can't control what others have done in the past.. but please keep in mind, whites are not the only race to own black slaves... The Spanish, the arabs did (maybe still do).. The persian empire owned slaves, the egyptians owned slaves.... There's nothing wrong in liking the fact that you are white, or black.. but it's a double-standard.. Think about it, if there was a white history month, there would be a public outcry that racism is back and rampant in the U.S.... Anyways.. I appreciate and respect the comments, I'm glad it got a discussion going..
This argument makes no sense, though. You are happy that you are bright. Fine. That's perfectly acceptable.But you are saying that you are bright because you are white. Rather, you are saying that white people are smarter than black people, and you're white, so if you weren't white you may not be as smart because white people are generally smart.Why would you be happy to be white because it makes you smart (if you believe that it does). Why don't you just be happy that you're smart and a part of the smart group.Honestly, I think you need to study up on Bayes' Theorem. It would do your outlook on the world wonders. You are happy that you are B, because the probability of A conditions on B is high. Why don't you just be happy that you're in A.Just admit that you're not sophisticated to ignore the innate urges that evolution has placed within you to want to group yourself with those similar to you. Just admit that you'll use any argument that you can find to justify grouping yourself in that way.
why is the N word a problem then? no black people today have been slaves, none have been called that word by slave owners, so why is it ok for them to group themselves with their ancestors? why not realize that that word is no longer relevant to them, because its original use had nothing to do with people in their situation. and why is it ok to have all back college funds, why not have funds based on social class and learning conditions, as opposed to race?
But you proved my point out of this.. The second I posted it the people that disagreed with it immediately called me a racist.. Please people, find in any part of that post where I am racist..
No one called you racist, I was going to call you dumb because you were obviously just trolling.
I am in no way racist, I just embrace my race, as should other races.. there's nothing wrong with that.. I can't control what others have done in the past.. but please keep in mind, whites are not the only race to own black slaves... The Spanish, the arabs did (maybe still do).. The persian empire owned slaves, the egyptians owned slaves....
So your going with the they did so it's ok for me to do it too argument... You know you can embrace yoru race without using the word nigger right?
There's nothing wrong in liking the fact that you are white, or black.. but it's a double-standard.. Think about it, if there was a white history month, there would be a public outcry that racism is back and rampant in the U.S.... Anyways.. I appreciate and respect the comments, I'm glad it got a discussion going..
You know why there is a black history month? Every other month is white history month. You realize that a lot of schools wouldn't teach any black history at all right, segregation wasn't as long ago as you make it out to be. There are still people alive in this country who lived through it. As for your WET idea, say hi to NBC, ABC, CBS... etc etc... every other station was catering to middle class white America and it was rare to see a show that was targeted toward a black demographic.If there was no market for BET, it wouldn't survive would it? I suppose if they renamed it you would be perfectly fine, but your statements are very typical in that if you see someone else get something you feel like your entitled to the same thing and need to use some bullshit reverse discrimination card to try and prove your point. Are you the white Al Sharpton now? MTV wasn't playing black artists, black sitcoms were non existent but there was demand for the product. If the Stations full of white executives didn't want to put it on the air someone was going to and start making money off it. Aren't you happy they call it BET so you don't get tricked into watching some silly negros shuck and jive? Now you can just block it, easy huh?There is a Spanish station where they don't even speak English, why aren't you bringing that up?

Is anyone really still so clueless that they don't understand the whole nigga/nigger thing?I understand scram's point (not that I agree...in fact I think he's delusional to a degree I've never seen before...to the point where he probably thinks I'm delusional about him being delusional...but now we might get into a whole ridiculous Russian doll situation), but the whole "they say it so we should be able to" argument is ridiculous.And I can't believe nobody gave approval of my NewsRadio reference.

Please let's not get into rock lyrics.Even the most racist person on planet earth will concede that 99.99% off all crappy punk bands are... uhh.. white.And yes, I'm eagerly awaiting the NOFX nut-hugging love-fest that is coming my way.
and the 00.01 percent is the lead singer from "Bad Brains"