Passive Top Pair

$5 sng 9 handedVillain's LAGSeat 3 - Random 1 ($375 in chips)Seat 4 - Hero ($5630 in chips)Seat 7 - SB ($720 in chips)Seat 8 - Villain ($5240 in chips)Seat 9 - Random 2 ($1535 in chips)SB - Posts small blind $50Villain - Posts big blind $100*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to Hero [K :club: J :diamond: ] 2 foldsHero - Raises to $3001 foldVillain - Calls $200*** FLOP *** [J :club: 9 :club: 3 :heart: ]Villain - Bets $300Hero - Calls $300*** TURN *** [J :club: 9 :club: 3 :heart: ] [6 :heart: ]Villain - Bets $600Hero - Calls $600*** RIVER *** [J :club: 9 :club: 3 :heart: ] [6 :heart: ] [5 :club: ]Villain - Bets $3300Hero - FoldsRaise flop? But with our stacks I'm not comfortable doing that.

I wouldn't want to get this deep into a pot with the other big stack at the table when we're both pretty much guaranteed to cash. There are 5 left and 2 of them are in deep trouble. I can see calling the flop bet but once he leads bigger on the turn I'd bail. He's showing real strength here by leading into you on the flop after you raised PF, and then firing a bigger 2nd bullet on the turn. Could be a semi-bluff with a flush draw, but with the stacks the way they are I'd rather give him credit for AA/KK/QQ/AJ.Either way, you obviously can't call that river.

Raise the flop. Pop it 900 or 1000 more. If he moves in, you let it go, if he calls and checks the turn - you're in control.
i agree, need to get more information on that flopthe river bet id dump for sure; it isnt worth it at that stage in the sng to hope youre ahead, i mean all youre beating is a weaker jack (qj maybe? is he that lag?)
Why didn't you repop the flop? What type of flop were we looking for with our starting hand? As it stands, fold the river. We can't call it.
I'm not against the flop call...but after that turn, I'd raise.He could be leading out with a draw, and if we raise him on the flop - he's going to put you to a tough decision if he shoves on the draw.If you call, you can raise the turn and take away his odds, and maybe get a hand like JT or QJ to put more $ in the pot. I like this play more on the bubble. As played - easy fold.

I raise the flop here like 95% of the time. I find that often-times people will lead out into pre-flop raisers (or, "donk-bet") with any piece of the flop. Since you started the hand as the aggressor, why give up that role?Raise the flop to 900-1200 or so. Be worried if he sticks around for the turn, but not too worried.You're ahead on this flop enough where I think a raise is necessary, ESPECIALLY against a lag who will stick around w/ a lot of hands you're ahead of and hands that he's drawing against you w/.I put in a half/pot sized bet on a brick turn. River play depends on villains play on these lines.

I raise the flop here like 95% of the time. I find that often-times people will lead out into pre-flop raisers (or, "donk-bet") with any piece of the flop. Since you started the hand as the aggressor, why give up that role?Raise the flop to 900-1200 or so. Be worried if he sticks around for the turn, but not too worried.You're ahead on this flop enough where I think a raise is necessary, ESPECIALLY against a lag who will stick around w/ a lot of hands you're ahead of and hands that he's drawing against you w/.I put in a half/pot sized bet on a brick turn. River play depends on villains play on these lines.
I agree with the bolded part..I think raising the flop is good...Your comment about the turn: Is that what you would do as played or is that what you would do after you raise and Villain supposedly calls? Because if Villain calls the flop raise, I think we have to slow down a bit and check on the turn in under to keep pot control due to stacks involved..As the others have said, the river is an easy fold