Official Manu Ginobili Thread

I agree 100%. Although, it's easy to separate the real knowledgeable basketball fans from all those mentioned above.
couldnt of said it any better! Did the lakers control the spurs collapse? Great game boys 1-0 baby
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Refs 1 Spursies 0.
I was busy beating a 10/20 game, but the things I remember most about the game were looking up to see Manu get his shot tossed into the 17th row and the Spurs going ice cold from the floor over the last twenty minutes.Oh, and Phil Jackton teams are 40-0 when winning the first game of the series, see ya next year SA.
I agree 100%. Although, it's easy to separate the real knowledgeable basketball fans from all those mentioned above.
it is but there will be real, actual, knowledgable fans who buy into this stuff.......and that is the NBA's biggest problem. spurs shot 6-30 down the stretch. cant blame the refs for that.

WEDNESDAY'S WORSTManu Ginobili, Spurs guard: Maybe the super sub would feel more comfortable coming off the bench instead of starting like he did in Game 1. He went just 3-for-13 from the field for 10 points and tied for the team high in turnovers with four. - ESPNOh, and watch him get abused...2nhq0rp.jpgginobili-shirt.jpg

That "No Ginobili" tshirt is priceless. Gotta give it to Detroit for that one. The Spurs are walking a thin line. If you need help from the Knicks, you know something's not right.

Been out of town a couple days. Where'd the haters go?Right.
Heh.Honestly, I would have waited until after game 4 (if the Spurs win) to pull the 'i was out of town'. I admire your determination though. :club:

LOL. Yes my PT stats and FCP posts all stop for 2-3 days in all sections, it was a rouse (ruse? I don't even know what this word means)! I'm sure had I been near a computer I wouldn't have posted anything during game 2 or during game 3 when Ginobs was crushing souls.I also bet Manu is much more hurt than is being let on by the Spurs, which is annoying. He needs to play 25ppg+ good every game for them to win. I missed the first half last night too, which is lame, seeing as that's when he went off.But, that obv is the reason he went off, so I'm going to hafta miss first half on Tuesday too. Keep the streak alive!!!!!!Edit: Annoying that he's hurt, not annoying that they are trying not to talk about it. That's obv what they have to do.

spurs biggest problem is that the Lakers wont roll over and die like the Hornets did in Game 7. Going to be hard to win another Game 7 on the road.I do expect this series to go the distance....

I think it's easier to win game 7 on the road than it is to win games 2-6 in a sweep. I think if the Spurs win tomorrow and manage to win the series they'll still lose game 5. It's too hard to beat someone 4 in a row.

I feel like puking. I haven't watched since beginning of 2nd quarter. I checked in on nba.com, they appear to be getting close. So nervous. Ginobs, you currently have 0 points, I hope to (half)witness a huge 4th quarter out of you.

Probably the most frustrated I've ever been after a game. The Lakers played well and the Spurs played poorly and they still had sooooooo many opportunities to win this. Great hands Horry.

BTW that was clearly a foul, but they had their opportunities all game and didn't get over the hump. I think an official blows the whistle there about 1% of the time. If Barry was more athletic and jumped into him while shooting instead of dribbling into him and then shooting it would be a much worse no call. Either way, I'd prefer him to dribble away from contact that late in the game and just shoot a deep 3 with a clean look.

Yeah, that was clearly a foul. But then the entire game was pretty poorly ref'd. Plus you can't expect the refs to bail you out at the end of the game. Horry's still winning games for LA. lol.What happened to Manu man?! It seems like that tango with the hornets really blew your boys legs out.

Just banged up. He's banged up most postseasons which sucks, just seems that's the way with him because of the style he plays. Just a tough season, the West was so tough so they had to play their asses off all year just to get a 3 seed and this is what happens.Oh well, they're the champs. They have to find a way to collect themselves and play game 5 balls out. I'm not sure they will though, that's a pretty devastating loss. I think if they don't get blown out in game 5 that they'll win.

even if that was a foul, the spurs werent the only team that got screwed(if it was actually a foul) at the end of the game...Fisher's shot grazed the rim and lakers shouldv'e had a fresh 24 sending Kobe to the line for 2.edit...kudos to the spurs for handling it like the champions that they are...a lot of teams would be bitching and crying right now.

Manu is def on Kobe's level when playing with injuries. The thing that sets them apart though, is like you said, Manu plays a reckless style. Fun to watch, but takes its toll. But I think the main culprit is the bench. If Manu could get more rest he wouldn't be so banged up. Still can't count the champs out. Even when we're up 3-1. Respect the Spurs way too much.And yeah, even though the shot grazed the rim, it was a standard no call because the refs can't really see it at that hard of an angle.

even if that was a foul, the spurs werent the only team that got screwed(if it was actually a foul) at the end of the game...Fisher's shot grazed the rim and lakers shouldv'e had a fresh 24 sending Kobe to the line for 2.edit...kudos to the spurs for handling it like the champions that they are...a lot of teams would be bitching and crying right now.
The shot definitely hit the rim. That's why my knuckle is currently bleeding and their is a hole in my door, because the ball hit the rim and uncoordinated dinosaur Horry can't catch it! Had I known they weren't going to reset, I'd be much happier. The quality of shot a team can get with 5 seconds as opposed to 2 is ridiculous, and I'm still pissed at Horry.

Overall I'm just depressed. The Spurs played really hard. And they lost.That makes me sad. It appears that they can't win without Ginobili playing at a high level and if he's not hitting his contested 3 he can't get other facets going right now. If his ankle was fine he'd create at will against these garbo Lakers being sent at him, and if his finger was fine his jumper would be more consistent. But they aren't.The best team always wins a 7 game series and it's frustrating to see the Spurs play so hard and not be able to win. So many chances to take the lead blown and I'm not even mad because the effort and fight was there all night. I agree with Barkley about putting Ginobili on the bench though. It doesn't make sense, and it just means when he gets in the game the Spurs are going to be losing by more than if he had been playing. As has been the case with each time he's been on the bench.Sigh, tough loss. I felt bad about it all day the loss sucks. The win would have been ridiculously amazing, after that whole game. I would have thought the Spurs the favorites to win the series. Now I think they have a ~5-10% chance.

It's surprising how much coverage Duncan gets but by far, Ginobili is their MVP. Prior to the series, I was just happy that the Lakers got to the WCF. I thought it was a 60/40 chance to win with the Lakers being the underdog. I didn't think Barry would be forced to take the game winner either. Maybe it was because he was playing great but I don't think he has the instincts to decide a game. Ginobili would have drew a foul, no doubt.

i think the fact that Kobe Bryant shot ZERO free throws in this game is more than enough evidence that the refs did not screw the spurs in this game.personally, i wish refs would go with the non-call more often (especially in calling charging/blocking but thats another story for another day).lake show just looks better than SA especially since Manu has only looked like himself in 1 of 4 games.