My Theory On Creationism/evolution

He thinks emotionalism is an ok way to use as a basis of faith, and is following a religion that fits what he's looking for emotionally. You said it yourself.
i said it wasn't a reasonable thing to do. stupid in fact.

**** Poker Analogy Alert! ***If you are the sort of person who genuinely thinks there are “Poker Gods” which determine how the cards fall then you probably aren’t going to impress many people (or win many games). Of course, no-one really does believe in Poker Gods. But it is no less daft, I’m sorry to say, than believing that evolution by natural selection could have some kind of “guiding force”.As any good player knows, poker is not all about luck. It’s also, amongst other things, about understanding probabilities and how these affect the plays you make. The cards you are dealt in any given hand are randomly selected from 52 possible cards, but some starting hands will be statistically more likely to win you a big pot. A 9-2 is unlikely to net you a big pot most of the time, whereas A-A will (supposedly). So while the cards you get are random, the probabilities of winning with them are not. Evolution by natural selection is, in essence, the same. Mutations in DNA happen regularly, but, like the majority of starting hands in Holdem, do not confer any benefit to the organism, and indeed are often harmful to it. Some, however, do confer a slight benefit – say by slightly lengthening the leg of a gazelle so it runs faster. Chance mutations which happen to confer small improvements will tend statistically to enhance an organism’s potential for survival - in the same way that being dealt A-A will tend statistically to enhance your chance of winning a hand. In neither case is there a GUARRANTEE of surviving/winning, just that the sheer vagaries of fortune have provided you with a statistical edge. Why does there need to be a God for any of that to be true? If there were no God, evolution would run in exactly the same way, because it is a process that is guided by nothing other than probability. And when you extrapolate this simple fact across the aeons of evolutionary time (i.e. billions of years), the beneficial mutations that can accrue over this period lead – naturally and with no intervention required – to the multitude of complex adaptations we see today. There may well be a God, but there is no reason whatsoever to think it had anything to do with evolution of life on earth.