Happy Halloween All!!!! Ok, so who buys two sets of candy for Halloween? 1 set to hand out to the kids and the second set for meeeeeee to eat!!!!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol the guy on the far right just doesn't get it does he... ruined there hardcore picture
What do you mean? He is showing his boxers......that is hardcore.

Happy Halloween everyone! Kaelyn is going as one of the princesses this year, just a different colored on than last year...the yellow one, I think that one is Belle?Anyway, be safe!Mark

How long has trick or treating been a custom in the states?
Origins have this happening as far back as the middle ages, but became really popular here in the States after WW2, and really took off in the early 1950's.I pretty much just pulled that outta my tush, but that's not far off the truth...
napdyn.jpg
lmao. I have the day off (ZOMG, HEAVEN!). We're having the nieces and nephews over tonight and I'll be making my famous spaghetti sauce. Hope everyone/kids has a great/safe Halloween.
Origins have this happening as far back as the middle ages, but became really popular here in the States after WW2, and really took off in the early 1950's.I pretty much just pulled that outta my tush, but that's not far off the truth...lmao. I have the day off (ZOMG, HEAVEN!). We're having the nieces and nephews over tonight and I'll be making my famous spaghetti sauce. Hope everyone/kids has a great/safe Halloween.
Thxs for replying. Just wondered, because it started over here in the mid to late seventies, on the back of imported sit-coms such as "Happy-Days". It would be occasional featured on these shows and eventually gathered momentum as a custom, until becoming part of our culture as well.

Well, my Halloween ended on an ugly note (I mean besides the poker). My older son was out with a friend, and they had collected as much candy as they cared to get, and some older kid ran up and stole my son's candy, along with hat and flashlight. They called the cops, but I'm sure they won't be pouring a lot of resources into that crime.Kind of sucks that even a safe suburban neighborhood has idiots like that. The thief's parents are probably millionaires.

Henry.....your daughter is such a little cutie pie ! How old are they ?My kids have nominated me for worst mom of the year. Cleaning out the basement over the weekend, we found mid term progress reports for not handing in homework for both of my boys. The little jerks weren't even smart enough to destroy the evidence, they just hid it :club: So, I cancelled Halloween for them.

Henry.....your daughter is such a little cutie pie ! How old are they ?My kids have nominated me for worst mom of the year. Cleaning out the basement over the weekend, we found mid term progress reports for not handing in homework for both of my boys. The little jerks weren't even smart enough to destroy the evidence, they just hid it :club: So, I cancelled Halloween for them.
My kids are 11, 3, and the girl turned 2 today. You ARE mean, cancelling Halloween! Actually, I don't really like Halloween, so I wouldn't mind, but that does take guts.
lol hblask
Seriously, do you have any idea when to turn off that stupid ass persona of yours?Having a kid get his candy stolen from him on Halloween is ridiculously sad.
Well, my Halloween ended on an ugly note (I mean besides the poker). My older son was out with a friend, and they had collected as much candy as they cared to get, and some older kid ran up and stole my son's candy, along with hat and flashlight. They called the cops, but I'm sure they won't be pouring a lot of resources into that crime.Kind of sucks that even a safe suburban neighborhood has idiots like that. The thief's parents are probably millionaires.
Uhg! Sorry to hear that Henry. People sure do suck sometimes.We woke up this morning and discovered that about $200 bucks worth of landscaping items were ripped out from our front yard and stolen. Hardly the end of the world but it sure does make you wanna ring someone's neck.On a lighter note, here are some Halloween pics. We had a good night, Spahgetti dinner and lots of kids. Fun times.Here's a few random pics. Hope everyone had a decent night.DSC00815.jpgDSC00819.jpgDSC00820.jpgDSC00821.jpgDSC00824.jpgDSC00818.jpgDSC00826.jpg
Uhg! Sorry to hear that Henry. People sure do suck sometimes.We woke up this morning and discovered that about $200 bucks worth of landscaping items were ripped out from our front yard and stolen. Hardly the end of the world but it sure does make you wanna ring someone's neck.On a lighter note, here are some Halloween pics. We had a good night, Spahgetti dinner and lots of kids. Fun times.Here's a few random pics. Hope everyone had a decent night.DSC00815.jpgDSC00819.jpgDSC00820.jpgDSC00821.jpgDSC00824.jpgDSC00818.jpgDSC00826.jpg
This has been on my mind lately. If anyone hasn't met Scott, you are missing out.He is by far one of the nicest guys ever.