Interview With Chris Vaughn

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so is he a sick player cause he won 500k? or won two tournaments with massive fields, for a large score?i need a clarification.oh, and was he a sick player before these scores?- Jordan
He's not a sick player, he had very few tourney cashes prior to this, he cheated.

heh.i remember watching bluffmagcv play 10/20 hu with mastrblastr 4 tabling...i wanted to sit in, as it was absolutely ridiculous.when i checked his pokerdb and saw the tourney score, it all made sense.i mean, congrats and all, great you won two tournaments...but i dont see how this means he is a "sick" player, nor does playing like an idiot in a hu cash game mean he "sux", but i mean, I'm just using the same judgement. would take a lot more than a few scores, and him playing like a monkey in a cash game, for me to have any opinion really.but seeing as 99% of the poker community loves to label donks and world class players every other week, this is pretty standard and i'll shup up now.- Jordan

The past couple of months it seems that more and more of these types of incidents are coming to light. I think it's naive to think that this is anything but the proverbial tip of the iceberg. I just can't believe that, not only has this been going on for a long time, but it's just getting, and going to get, worse and worse as the size of the scores increase. It's simple risk vs. reward and the reward is getting so huge that more and more people are wanting to get their piece of the pie.Assuming that my line of thinking has even a little merit, why and how do those of you that are playing this big continue to do so? I don't understand why you would put up your hard earned money "knowing" that you are not playing on a level playing field.I realize that online poker is more convenient and accessable than live tourneys but at least in those you can see with your own eyes what is going on and that Ivey isn't taking over for some luck box that happened to get deep to crush you at the end of a tourney.Edit: I also completely agree with Bizzle that regulation is the only way the sites will have enough incentive to make this go away for good. Everything that comes along with regulation probably won't be good but if it makes the games fair I think it would be a small price to pay.

I actually was excited this kid won. As bluff mag hq is like 1 mile away from me. Thought that was kinda cool don't really know why. good to see all this cheating coming out as legislation is being talked about. These ****ing dicks are gonna ruin this for us all. Not like Imper1um wasnt already making a ton of money. ****ing greedy ass bastard.

This guy is just the scourge of the poker world. Between my incident and this, I have lost all respect for him, not that I ever had much to begin with.
Hey Zimm,I was so sick when I heard Chris V won a major and then almost jumped out the window when I heard he won 2. And an editor at Bluff Mag too, holy crap!This guy deserves to be banished to play money tables for the rest of his life, yet instead he's working for Bluff Mag and winning majors like it's nothing.When I heard about the majors the first thought I had was someone bought him out. No doubt about it.

Another issue that I have is when people call him a "kid". He's 23 or 24, and while that's young in the scheme of things, that's pretty experienced for the online poker world. It's sad that people seem to somewhat clarify his behavior by "He's still an immature kid". Immmature, yes. Kid? Far from it. I know at least 50 people that are younger than him and show much more class and maturity than this cuntbag displays.

I don't think Bluff will fire him. There was another thread where the BluffMag dude posted that Chris isn't really directly involved with the magazine. He insinuated that Chris sold adv space.

I don't think Bluff will fire him. There was another thread where the BluffMag dude posted that Chris isn't really directly involved with the magazine. He insinuated that Chris sold adv space.
oh that's cool, I thought I had read somewhere that he was an editor.andwhen are we going to Vegas? I'm jonesing
LOL at the milkshake graphchecking hotel and flights hahaha
Nice.Lots of people gonna be there during Dec, personally I'm going the 5-9th... most a lil later though. Check the 5 diamond thread.
oh that's cool, I thought I had read somewhere that he was an editor.andwhen are we going to Vegas? I'm jonesing
I may be wrong about his actual position with Bluff. I don't like that mag. I'll be in San Diego the 7th and 8th for my nieces wedding. Then driving to Vegas 9th-17th. Take the week off and drive over with me. Make it happen!
I may be wrong about his actual position with Bluff. I don't like that mag. I'll be in San Diego the 7th and 8th for my nieces wedding. Then driving to Vegas 9th-17th. Take the week off and drive over with me. Make it happen!
That sounds more doable than the 5th sorry Kurt, I'll be going a few times in 08, hopefully we'll get to hang out one of these days
Uh whats going on for those who don't know?
Dude won the FTP 530 mil, everyone was like "wow what a luckbox", then he won the Stars 215 mil, everyone was like "gobble gobble" as they slurped on his member, Zimmer cried and was like "scammaments!", dude paid zim some monies, shaundeeb was like "so you sizzold your ftp account to someone", dude was like "pshaw no wai foolz", full tilt poker found out that the account was sold and was like "yay were takin all your moniez", now everyone who was all "gobble gobble" over dude and his buyer is like "ewww i don't do that yo".

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but I had to cash out my online accounts to pay for some car troubles so I havent been online for a while... but if online poker would get regulated, how would that change things for the better? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, i'm just curious